May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Stanton Hillis, Hal M Hare, SKB, Guy Ave, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 997 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,545
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just cruising through Gunbroker and found this Lefever.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=476318810

I don't know much about the Lefever SxSs, but thought I would bring it to someone's attention.

Model2128Ga

Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw that one. Very nice wood, but short LOP and lots of drop. And the second screw through the serial number on the trigger guard tang is not original, despite the claims of the seller.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful gun.Screw in trigger plate looks replaced to me. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

My memory may have been wrong, won't be the first time. I don't want to wrongly accuse anyone of wrong-doing, so have deleted the original post.

Last edited by ChiefShotguns; 04/04/15 10:04 AM. Reason: Incorrect information
cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't remember the details but there was considerable discussion about GunsbySally in the past on this forum. I think she was operating out of Las Vegas then IIRC.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting how the same and how different the engraving on my CE-Grade in the 30xxx range is from the engraving on this gun. This gun has quite a bit more engraving on the bottom of the frame than my gun, but my gun has four times as much engraving on the metal tip in the forearm, but has the bakelite dog's head in the middle of the forearm. My gun has a great trigger guard scene of a dog with a fowl in its mouth in a marsh scene, while the gun in question has an arthritic fowl that looks like it was suspended from a clothesline on its trigger guard marsh scene!! The gun in question has a line outlining the wings (?) on the barrels and mine doesn't. On my gun LEFEVER ARMS CO. is engraved on top of the right barrel and FINE DAMASCUS on the left. The gun in question has FINE DAMASCUS on the right barrel and STEEL on the left. My gun has engraved butt plate screws and this gun doesn't.

Lefevers could become addictive for their variations!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Researcher
while the gun in question has an arthritic fowl that looks like it was suspended from a clothesline on its trigger guard marsh scene!!

Funny stuff smile

Should the TG screw even be in that location thru the S/N?

Ithaca1

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember that one. I think it was Dr. Bob complaining about the seller reneging on a deal last year...Geo

OK I was wrong, it wasn't the same gun or more importantly the same seller!

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 04/05/15 02:54 PM. Reason: CORRECTION
Sidelock
Sidelock

That Damascus on this "CE" looks mighty similar to those on my "G" in a 28,xxx SN range. An FE in a similar SN range & a much earlier E both have higher grades of damascus than this gun. I would be very susp[icious of this one.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Credit where credit is due: Ms K fine jewelers of Utah was the lady that gave bogus dealings with a 20 ga B grade LeFever in Vegas

Guns by Sally has listed on Gunbroker from PA for years now. I can't vouch either way for her reputation as a seller. She often has almost tempting pieces, in almost tempting condition, and only occasionally almost temping prices.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.