April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (welder, eeb), 821 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Boxlock
Boxlock

I to live in Northern Wi. Bayfield county. I think The DNR needs to be trimmed. It's about time. Your not going to have any grouse until you get rid of some of the varmints. Walker would make a great Pres.

craigd #400732 04/12/15 08:42 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
It will be important election. I would think where we were in 1990 vs. China....

....It would be disastrous for our country and for what? "Iran is trying to obtain nuclear weapon" smoke screen?

Good point, our 'friends' the chinese are getting tired of us begging for loans, so this is all so we can make new friends. Good thing the iranians don't really know us yet, so we should be able to get away with it for a while. Maybe we could hope-n-change for a better job market by then?

They've long since stopped buying our debt. That is a mythological smokescreen. Our own FED is buying it, thereby "Monetizing" it, in the grand tradition of the Weimar Republic. That's why it's entirely possible that the US Dollar at some time in the near future will be removed as the world reserve currency. Thank you Democrats.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Ken61 #400736 04/12/15 09:16 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure of the current borrowing distribution, but my understanding is the chinese are still the single largest foreign 'investor'.

I think the real smoke screen is libs like jm explaining to us who are friends are in the world, who should be our friends, which crisis gets fanned, which one gets ignored. All along, the left's main agenda is domestic, like their funding and spending ideas, and it's a huge win for them when social engineering progresses off the radar.

Sidelock
Sidelock

(CNSNews.com) - The Federal Reserve owned 64 percent more U.S. government debt than entities in the People’s Republic of China did as of the end of November, which is the latest period for which the Treasury has reported on the foreign ownership of U.S. government debt.

The $1,316,700,000,000 in U.S. Treasury securities that entities in mainland China owned as of the end of November set a record for China, but it was still $846,966,000,000 less than the $2,163,666,000,000 in U.S. Treasury securities the Federal Reserve owned as of Nov. 27, according the Fed’s weekly balance sheets.

As of January 9, the latest day on the Fed’s last weekly accounting sheet, the Fed had increased its holdings of U.S. Treasury securities to $2,212,924,000,000.

The Fed also owns $1,490,167,000,000 in mortgage-backed securities guaranteed by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae.

At the end of January 2009, the month President Barack Obama was first inaugurated, mainland China owned $744.2 billion in U.S. government debt and the Fed owned $475.129 billion.

When Sen. Richard Shelby (R.-Ala.), a member of the Senate Banking Committee, took to the Senate floor last week to explain why he had voted against the confirmation of Janet Yellen as the new chairman of the Federal Reserve, he made a point of the fact that the Fed—not the People’s Republic of China—is the world’s largest owner of U.S. government debt.

“In fact, the Federal Reserve’s balance sheet shows the Federal Reserve itself is by far the largest holder of U.S. Treasury bonds,” said Shelby.

“Many hold the misconception in this country that China is the world’s largest owner of U.S. debt. That is not true,” said Shelby. “In fact, the Federal Reserve’s balance sheet shows the Federal Reserve itself is by far the largest holder of U.S. Treasury bonds. With $2.2 trillion in Treasury debt, the Fed holds nearly $900 billion more than China does, if you can think in those terms. The Fed holds more in Treasury bonds than do China and most of the Eurozone combined.

“The rate of acceleration with which the Federal Reserve is purchasing Treasuries should be alarming to all Americans,” said Shelby.

Shelby described the Fed’s massive purchases of U.S. government debt as a “backdoor stimulus program”—one that may have unpredictable consequences.

“Let’s call this what it is: a backdoor stimulus program through monetary policy,” said Shelby. “Very complicated, yes, but very important. It dwarfs even the fiscal stimulus package President Obama rammed through Congress during his first days in office about 5 years ago. President Obama’s fiscal stimulus package totaled $787 billion—a lot of money—and I have just described the Fed’s monetary stimulus package as nearly four times larger and growing.”

Shelby argued that, despite currently low inflation, the Fed’s policy could lead to prices increasing “uncontrollably.”

“This highly unconventional monetary policy poses huge risks to our economy—namely, inflation in the future and a devaluation of our currency,” said Shelby.

“I realize that current inflation expectations are relatively low and anchored,” he said. “However, again we are in completely uncharted territory. Should inflation expectations become unglued, prices could increase uncontrollably. There is simply no playbook that I am aware of on how to deal with such a situation successfully.”

Shelby additionally observed that although the Fed has announced it is going to reduce the size of its ongoing debt purchases, it is nonetheless going to continue making them.

“Yes, I also understand that the Fed has recently announced it will modestly scale back its so-called quantitative easing program,” said Shelby. The Fed will still purchase tens of billions of dollars of securities each month.

“Make no mistake—the Fed’s balance sheet will continue to expand rapidly,” he said.

“How long will this continue? We don’t know,” he said. “How large will the Fed’s balance sheet ultimately grow? We don’t know. Will the Fed be able to contain inflation if it does begin to rise? Again, we don’t know. And when will the Federal Reserve actually begin to unwind the balance sheet—which will be tricky? Again, we don’t know. How exactly does the Federal Reserve plan to unwind the balance sheet? Again, we don’t know, and I don’t believe they know.”

Shelby said that even in-coming Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen, who will take over for Bernanke on February 1, could not answer these questions for him.

“I raise these points because I met with Dr. Yellen in my office and attended her confirmation hearing in the Banking Committee. I received no meaningful answers to any of those questions, only the usual platitudes that so often mark such meetings.”

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Republicans need someone with some sand in them and not someone who is going to apologize profusely a few minutes after supposedly taking a stand on their beliefs.

And, he better start realizing that the mainstream media such as ABC, CBS or NBC is NOT your friend and is never going to be no matter how bad you grovel in front of them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're going to have two "choices" Jeb Bush or Hillary Rodham Clinton. I suspect after four years of either the country will be in even bigger "hole" than it is now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're going to have two "choices" Jeb Bush or Hillary Rodham Clinton. I suspect after four years of either the country will be in even bigger "hole" than it is now.

Words of wisdom from the idiot who voted for Obama twice... and is proud of it.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think so with Jeb Bush, possibly Hillary as the Democrats don't have anyone else. More likely a younger guy like Rubio will win the nomination. But he better play his cards right unlike McCain or Romney in the selection of a VP candidate. And like I said, don't go into a debate thinking anyone in the mainstream media is on or is going to be on your side.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here in Iowa, we've recently been graced with the presence of "Pantsuit Obama" beginning her campaign.

It's been the same old sociopathic, statist, religious, claptrap and mumbo-jumbo that hasn't worked in the last 100 years. Typical class-warfare and the promises of extortion of the Evil Rich, and awarding the extorted proceeds to her anointed victim-cult members in order to buy their votes.

keith #401046 04/16/15 09:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

Words of wisdom from the idiot who voted for Obama twice... and is proud of it.

Fhank you o ist shill.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.