April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hugh Lomas), 1,094 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
gunut #407858 06/23/15 01:07 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

She's just going for the black vote.

ed good #407862 06/23/15 01:33 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

an why not?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #407867 06/23/15 02:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If anyone thinks the brave that crossed the wheat field at Gettysburg gave a damn about a bunch of neggras think again . All they wanted was to kill abes. invading army & live in peace.TheFlag has nothing to do with negros.

ed good #407872 06/23/15 03:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Screaming Eagle, I'm not so sure I know what the boys in Gray were thinking about when they died at Gettysburg. Whatever it was though, it either means nothing or it deserves remembrance and honor.

Remembrance and honor is what the SC statehouse memorial is all about, not racism. Revisionist history has my head swimming nowadays and everything I grew up believing seems to be challenged today. However, if the current trend is going to be about tearing down Confederate Memorials, I am against it, and I don't give a damn who knows it.

It seems that when South Carolina previously took the rebel flag down from atop the statehouse and moved it to the Confederate Memorial they provided that it might only be removed by a super majority vote of the legislature. It remains to be seen whether that will happen...Geo

ed good #407893 06/23/15 05:34 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

looks like all the republican governors are falling in line behind her.......especially the ones running for president.........

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 101 airborne
If anyone thinks the brave that crossed the wheat field at Gettysburg gave a damn about a bunch of neggras think again . All they wanted was to kill abes. invading army & live in peace.TheFlag has nothing to do with negros.

News is...now they want the Confederate monuments in Washington.

ed good #407918 06/23/15 07:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Better get'um while you can.

ebay

ed good #408015 06/24/15 11:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not so much a "Flagger", but the message below which I had seen somewhere else seems pertinent to the issue in this thread:

"Famed Union Generals U.S Grant and William T. Sherman were slave holding yankees who did not free their slaves until AFTER the end of the civil war (The Emancipation Proclamation was applicable only to slaves in the confederate states, intended to cause chaos and destabilize the South). Abraham Lincoln stated in 1862 "I am a little uneasy about the abolishment of slavery in this District [of Columbia]." he also stated "If I could save The Union without freeing any slaves, I would do it" in a letter to Horace Greeley. One of his more awful statements in the fourth Lincoln-Douglas debate ends in "I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race."
Racism and Slavery are not a southern or confederate legacy, they are an American legacy. Racism was not a Confederate problem, it was an American problem - anyone stating otherwise is trying to absolve themselves of the shame of this atrocious institution and scapegoat those who fought for "the lost cause".
Whether or not the confederate flag is flown on government property is a separate debate... I am just annoyed that our populace lacks the critical thinking ability to question the claims that the confederacy and the south, and the symbols used to honor our ancestors who fought for what they considered their right of self determination, are evil and atrocious symbols of hate and racism. Has the confederate flag been used by the KKK and white supremacists? Of course! But so was the Christian cross. After Pearl Harbor, it was the US flag that flew over internment camps that ruined the lives of hardworking Japanese Americans, so do we abolish the US flag because it was used in that campaign that destroyed so many lives purely because of racial prejudice? No, we observe the good and the bad that symbolizes the American struggle for freedom and embody our continued search for self determination and a "more perfect union", for me, these symbols includes the Stars and Bars"

I'd give attribution for the above if I had it. Our little hometown newspaper rarely takes any position on political stuff, but yesterday I saw an editorial in it headlined: "Exploiting Tragedy Inexcusable". Silly me, I thought the paper had criticized the despicable political habit of never wasting a good tragedy. Nope, it was about scams related to the Charleston tragedy...Geo

ed good #408018 06/24/15 11:19 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's all political theater. The idiots are in charge and they want to be reelected by the other idiots.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The linked article appears to be a rather well documented account of Grant's slave ownership. He did own one slave prior to the war when owning a farm in Missouri. This slave was freed prior to the war. His father inlaw owned several slaves, but since they were in Missouri, they were not freed until after the war as Missouri did not secede.

http://freedomsgateway.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Fl3td8E_WBQ%3D&tabid=79

With this knowledge, I would be suspicious of the other "facts" presented in the newspaper article.

Edited to add, the link does not appear to work, but it can be cut and pasted to pull up the article.

Last edited by JCHannum; 06/24/15 11:37 AM.

Jim H.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.