April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 141 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,431
Posts544,704
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
775 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would venture to guess the "e flues" on the lug and the chamber markings on the side of the chamber area to be original as it was originally imported and marked by Emil when he received the imported action/barrels in the white or similar situation.

As stated above a lot of EF attributed guns are very continental in design and are probably made of at least some imported parts in the white.

The scratchings on top of the chambers are just that, scratchings.

Would be good to see if there are any proof marks left...looks like something just forward of the flats on the rib?

Just tossing that out there, if I am right I would like to see the gun, if there is one that they were fitted to?

Walt, 410 last gun before he died, this could be interesting...or very much so not:)

Best,
Mark

Ms. Raven
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd say that the first step is a Certified Letter stating your intentions. There's got to be a way to present this in such a way as to substantiate the Fraud. Did he ship the barrels via the Post Office? How did you pay for them? You could possibly pursue that route as well.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The barrels came by FedEx, I paid with a personal check.

There are no other markings on the flats or the rib, or anywhere else for that matter, other than left barrel has "410 2 1/2 inch & 3 inch

Again, the seller has stated that he purchased them in a grouping of items at a gun auction. He never had anything else that went with the barrels, is my understanding. Although the bores were dirty with gunpowder, so they had been shot previously.

original advertisement

Last edited by Fred Lowe; 06/23/15 07:07 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The ad is from the Spring 2015 Double Gun Journal.

Based on the phone number in the ad the following is public information:

" Board of County Commissioners
Palm Beach County Florida
Consumer Affairs Division
Public Safety Department
50 South Military Trail, Suite 201
West Palm Beach, FL, 33415
Main Office (561) 712-6600 - Boca/Delray/Glades (888) 582-7362
Visit Our Website: www.pbcgov.com/consumer
Business Information Report on: Roger Quisenberry
Date of Report: 6/23/2015
Reporting Period: 6/23/2012 To: 6/23/2015
Business Type: Real Estate
Business Address: 5421 S FLAGLER DRIVE
West Palm Beach, FL, 33405
Business Mailing Address: PO BOX 6293
West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Phone Numbers of Business: (561) 588-7868 Fax: Not available
Established Year: Not available
Consumer Affair's Business ID: 9406042
Web site address of business: Not available
Email address of business: Not available
Person handling consumer disputes: Not available
Company required to be licensed through P.B.C Consumer Affairs: No
The report on this business is based up on the information we have for this reporting period only.
The Palm Beach County Consumer Affairs Division cannot rate or recommend any product, service, or company. The following is provided to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Your evaluation of a company should include the number of years it has been established and its volume of business. We have no way of determining the volume of business for any company. More detailed information may be available by visiting Consumer Affairs and reviewing the files (if any) in their entirety. Although we cannot guarantee total accuracy, we have made every attempt to reliably record and maintain the information provided to us by consumers, businesses and/or what has been discovered through our investigations. Information is subject to change at any time.
No consumer disputes on file for this reporting period."

I think that it's time to file a "consumer dispute" with the Palm Beach County Consumer Affairs Division - telephone number 561-712-6600.

Here's a link to the Palm Beach County Consumer Affairs Code https://www.municode.com/library/fl/palm...H9COAF_ARTIINGE

Give him hell!

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunnut what is "remelt"if that is a term for scrap, these barrels have a lot more value. they do look like sauer barrels and may be able to be fit to a 16/20 sauer so not to be a total loss something that could be resurrected and not to be a total loss ,

Sidelock
Sidelock

not much meat to the breach end of those barrels....would have to be fitted to a 28ga or true 410 sized frame, not a 20 or 16ga....Im sure if the seller could of found a frame/gun to fit those barrels to he would of.....so unless sitting around looking at a flues stamping on a barrel lug is what floats your boat I see little value....and for sure not anywhere near $3500...and by saying the barrels were all set to fit to flues 28ga....makes this seller a liar, or nut case....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Fred, there you have it - several very valid opinions and recommendations.
You're a very nice guy and I know it's not like you to be vindictive, but you shouldn't take this "lyin' down."

Sidelock
Sidelock

If I may add the following it may help or hamper this issue.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopi...+Flues#p3294681

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3693&aid=88051&lid=22180578&rts=/asp/searchadvanced_i.asp%23searchTerm%3Dithaca%26firstSearch%3Dtrue%26category%3Dall%2Bcategories%26searchid%3D%26type%3Dlot%26search%3Dithaca%26sort%3Drelevance%26length%3D25%26start%3D1%26refine%3D%26nc%3D1415795148802#topoflot

I saved pics of this gun, One of 10 prototype Flues Guns (the first ten) #175010. It has different barrel lugs, one is through the frame. If one of you would like to post the pics I will email my file of pictures saved from the proxibid auction.

John

Last edited by John E; 06/24/15 10:40 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Although I'm relatively familiar with Ithaca doubles, there are people with WAY more expertise than I have. However, I would have known from one quick look at that set of barrels that they would not fit a Flues. Or, for that matter, any other Ithaca double I've ever seen. Anyone who claims to know Ithacas and who claimed that they'd fit . . . well, either they don't know Ithacas or else what they were selling was a bill of goods.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't believe the seller for a moment.

A collector who knows that the Flues was never manufactured in .410

A collector who knows to advertise in the DGJ?

Yet he accepts that a "E. Flues" stamp means that the barrels fit the Flues model?

If he had put them up on Gunbroker with pictures, he would never have sold them. Seems almost purposeful.

Mike
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.