March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, David Williamson, Southern Sport, Sandlapper), 276 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is this really any different than if you had bought what was advertised as a Rolex, yet turned out to be a counterfeit? Or, a stone represented to be a Diamond turned out to be Zirconium?

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with Ken, and do not see how or why it could be a problem to at very least name the seller. If someone decides to cheat me out of $3500.00, I'm coming after my money, one way or another. He knows he did wrong and won't even answer a phone call to discuss a return. We've seen a few people change gears and do the right thing after their little scam was outed here. Legitimate sellers offer a reasonable return policy. This sounds like the near impossible return policy of anti-gun Ed Good which is something like "I know what I am selling and you are expected to know what you are buying." Even if it was a complete gun, and it was advertised as an Ithaca and turned out to be a Simpson, you ought to be able to return it since it was misrepresented.

ANTI-GUN POSTS BY ED GOOD

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

keith,

The sellers name is in the public information post on page 2.

Mike
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Who would be qualified as professionals/ expert witnesses, that I might engage to state in an affadavit that the barrels are not Ithaca Gun Company "Flues" barrels and never would be "set to fit on a Flues model". That they are fakes.
I believe I not only purchased Flues barrels, but also .410 barrels that are "likely only such extant!".
That is a pretty big statement.

Last edited by Fred Lowe; 06/25/15 07:39 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's hard to imagine that you could find a more "expert witness" than Mr. Walt. Snyder since he authored the "Bible" on Ithaca Guns and has probably done more research on them than anyone. I'm glad that you intend to at least try to get a refund. Since the seller is no stranger to guns, he can't exactly plead ignorance. Good luck. Please let us know how it works out for you.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know about Roger Quesenberry. Good luck about getting any of your money back

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

The defense might be that they are Flues barrels (per the stamp on the lump), just not Ithaca Flues barrels. Don't know how much water that would hold. But it is pretty widely known that Emil Flues was involved in building guns other than Ithacas.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think what would clarify the "Emil Flues" point and clearly indicate the Fraud would be the additional "Ithaca" markings, showing the attempt to defraud by misrepresentation. I'm no expert on engraving, but the "Ithaca" markings, as was previously mentioned, appear to be engraved with a different type tool than was actually used on Ithaca guns. It looks like it may have been done with a rotary burr tool. The individual letters look waaay too "Wide", as compared to a stamp or chisel...

Fred,

Happen to know anyone in the Palm Beach area that you could provide a Limited Power of Attorney to? They could then pursue it on your behalf down there...

Besides letters from experts, you should also request a letter from DGJ, since they were unwittingly made accessory to the Fraud.

Last edited by Ken61; 06/26/15 10:47 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This shows that doing a search of a private sellers name, before sendng them a check should be made. Better yet send Postal money orders and use the Postmaster in cause of frauds. Lots of troubling information on people out there for the finding. I also would have called a couple people I know in the area for their off the record thoughts. But not everyone has local contacts. And people will speak freer than they will answer a text type message.

Back when I was still collecting Winchester Model 70's I was hot to buy a very rare gun from an unknown to me seller. This was pre Internet days. Three calls to local, to him, gun clubs and one to the local sherif set off every alarm bell in my head. So I passed. Heard later three other buyers were not so lucky and all failed to get money returned. Seller seemed to skip town every two or three years and not return until statue of limitations lapsed. Back in those days it was far easier to move away and just disappear. There were no web searches or other easy means of finding people when they moved and left no forwarding address. I hope you stick with it and you get your money back.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You don't need an expert to see there is no cocking hook or a way to get it ready for fitting without completely re-machining the hooks and lumps. MKII

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.