April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (L. Brown), 1,092 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
....so difficult to deal with is that we have so little factual data to support any claim....

....we now have about twenty years of factual data that suggests we are over gunned as a society....

The misogynist in me thinks ed is short for edweena. We're not shopping for shoes here, make up your mind.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
....wonder when and where the next mass murder will occur via the misuse of high capacity firearms?

It will occur in mexico, the middle east and africa. Not necessarily in that order, but it'll be neck and neck.

We won't hear about those, but if it happens closer to home, it may be reported in Canada, it will be exploited in the US.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

ed is just trying to start an argument.he is a lonely turd we should make a drinking game out of his ignorant comments.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hold on, Craig. Jim says declining homicides because of cc with no evidence to back it. How about those millions of immigrants including Hispanics which the Immigration Office says are more law-abiding than native-born Americans? Suppose?

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

jes da facts, please...jes gimme da facts...

a la columbo

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is NO WAY to "prove" that the declining homicide rare is the result of concealed carry. However the increase in concealed carry along with skyrocketing gun sales has disproved one statement that the Libtards constantly made during this period. That "there will be blood running in the streets with more people carrying guns". Quite the contrary is obviously the real case and the Libtards are, as usual, completely wrong. Furthermore the fact that the homicide rate began to decline over the period concealed carry became the prevalent law of the land is one hell of a coincidence and if a statistical correlation study was performed using these as factors I estimate a correlation greater then .9 would be the result.
There is another subtle reason that the homicide rate is probably declining that you'll rarely hear voiced very often and I won't do so here. If someone else want to address this issue from other perspectives feel free to do so.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 07/19/15 07:40 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I found this article from USA Today surprising considering the source is definitely not a gun and bible clinging publication. It presents a rather honest look at where the gun violence is occurring and who is committing it. It also offers some causes for it that are not firearm related and which you are not likely to see presented in other MSM publications. Maybe our message is getting through.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12/14/sandy-hook-gun-laws-column/4003387/

Edited to add that upon relooking at it, it is three years old. The ears are still deaf although the facts have not changed.

Last edited by JCHannum; 07/19/15 08:08 PM.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Jim says declining homicides because of cc with no evidence to back it.

How about those millions of immigrants including Hispanics which the Immigration Office says are more law-abiding than native-born Americans? Suppose?

Are you sure Jim said, 'because of', I thought he typed, 'synchs'.

As to the stories from the 'immigration office', I'm glad you mentioned 'more' law-abiding. You do know that each and every one of them has committed a felony entry into the US. I don't know about the 'office', but are you saying that all 'native-born Americans' have at least one felony under their belt?

Be that as it may, why do I get stopped at the Canadian border and asked what my business would be entering your country. Don't you have an office that can tell you border staff that I'd be more law abiding than any of you folks, and I'm giving you the courtesy of letting you know I'm visiting.

Oh, I'm sorry you meant there's less of the ruthless, rapists, murderers and violent drug offenders than the average 'native-born American'. Will you join with me in agreement that those folks are just a bonus for the US.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"Are you sure Jim said, 'because of', I thought he typed, 'synchs'."
Yes That's what I said craig but facts don't mean anything to a Libtard like Brown and he has demonstrated time and again.
Any reasonable person can conclude that some thing(s) that happened over the last 20 years resulted in a lower homicide rate and the rise in legal concealed is likely a factor.
However people like Brown would rather attribute this to efforts of the Good Fairy rather then admit that their warped view of the world is out of synch with most reasonable people.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would be inclined to support some sort of reasonable compromise between gentlemen, but in order for that to happen both sides must have some sort of common ground and an ability to trust.

The modern DEMOCRAT party has repeatedly demonstrated a willingnes to lie, deceive, and simply act in bad faith in the enforcement of current laws.

No deal can be made with such a party until it changes.

I rarely comment on Ed threads as they usually descend into personal attacks at some point. The whole point of the suggested compromise was to stir things up.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.