April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dan R, 1 invisible), 994 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
It also coincides with the ending of the crack epidemic which I think had a much greater effect on the chart above. Thank goodness that is in the past.

That's about as lame a liberal excuse as I've heard....You thinking crystal-meth makes criminals less violent ?

Wonder why we don't see meth labs on the news almost everyday anymore ? I bet you think it's because people are not using drugs.

It's because crystal-meth is pouring in from Mexico.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

old: i have presented two options here for a deal regarding gun control...you indicate your willingness to consider compromise...

what do you have in mind re compromise with the anti gun folks?

and thank you for your usual gentlemanly posts on this forum.

Last edited by ed good; 07/20/15 08:20 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim H, the USA Today article is as accurate today as it was then. We may have different notions for the roots of black violence and how to deal with it. I'm discouraged there's been so little progress except for the country's acceptance of a black as president. In the long run, that may be more fruitful than all the do-this-do-that legislation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I left the USA Today post up after I realized it was not current. The facts are true today, possibly even more devastating for the black population. The great shame is that such editorials are entirely missing in the MSM. Instead, the focus is on flags, guns and white privilege.

The "acceptance" of a black president has had an even more damaging effect on the black population than could be imagined. They are much worse off in almost every respect than before Obama's election, primarily due to the policies of that administration.

Obama was touted as a unifier, when in fact he has been the most divisive president in memory.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
How about those millions of immigrants including Hispanics which the Immigration Office says are more law-abiding than native-born Americans? Suppose?

This is a false argument. The statistics on immigrant law breaking are yet another example of the politicians and main stream media changing definitions. There is a great difference between illegal immigrants and immigrants. Magically, the illegal qualifier has disappeared just like global warming has become climate change.

The immigration office can track (legal) immigrants and provide crime statistics, which we would hope would be good, as if not the offender faces deportation. They cannot track illegal immigrants since they are by definition undocumented and lawbreakers to begin with.

There are, however, many reports available which detail the tens of thousands of illegals with serious felony convictions including rape and murder which have been released back into the US as well as the disproportiantly large population of illegals currently held in the jails.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You may be accurate in your opinion; time will tell. I don't think there can be unifying by any person or organization, for all the legislation, unless there's a collaborative spirit in the hearts of a majority.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't offer it as an argument, Jim, more as a supposition as legitimate as concealed carry. Crime is falling as well in Canada with onerous restrictions on cc. Canada had much lower gun violence than the US, before and after cc was permitted in very special cases. (I've forgotten whether the Immigration Office stats refer to both legal and illegal immigrants? I thought both when I posted.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great catch in the illegal immigrant vs. immigrant crime statistics JCHannum. As craigd noted earlier, every one of the illegals is a criminal just due to their act of illegally entering our country.

As for statistics from King Brown's Immigration Office source, this is the same source that has been telling us that there are 11 million illegals for the last 10 or 15 years. The illegals keep coming, over 40,000 per month into Texas alone, and very few are being deported, but the 11 million number is not revised upwards.

The most important fact to remember is that King Brown is and agenda driven compulsive liar. He will use the most inaccurate and questionable Liberal sources to back up his claims and he will seldom provide any proof when pressed.

Even when shown that he has given us factually incorrect data, King Brown will never acknowledge that he was wrong or that he has lied to us once again.

Funny that King is still clinging to a glimmer of hope for his precious black president Obama. The guy has been an abject failure by almost every measure, but King can't follow the advice of his imaginary friend Martin Luther King, and judge Obama by the content of his character. The only thing King sees is a black guy in the White House, and he's been peeing his pants in excitement for 6 years now. I should have put my 401-K money into "Depends" stock.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is not an opinion, it is a fact. Race relations are worse today than they have been in recent memory. You can go back to MLK and the 60's if you wish, but since that time untili the last few years, there has been a continuing easing of race relations. Since the Obama election, we have been returned to the riots of the 60' & 70's. The elected black officials have addressed the situation by giving the rioters a place to destroy.

We are having police disrespected and ambushed and black rapist gangs in Detroit.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You offered it as a statement without a qualifier. It was nothing more than another attempt to change the conversation and alter difinitions.

Jim H.
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.