April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Marplot, Drew Hause, Hal M Hare, DaveB, coosa), 1,186 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,842
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
APS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

As many of you may now be aware there will not be a Vintage Cup. With that in mind and a great desire to shoot fine doubles those of us in the Vintagers Carolinas and Georgia Chapters are wanting to remind all of you about the Fall Southern Side x Side. http://www.southernsidebyside.com/#!the-fall-classic/cpcp

This will not be a Vintager event but we have supported this event front the beginning and now see it as very important to the vintage shooting community. In discussions with both Rick Hemmingway and Bill Kempfert we as a group are making a push to grow this event.

Rick has agreed to add some events such as the flurry and maybe a rifle/drillings event.

Backwoods will also offer a tower Pheasant hunt during this weekend and quail hunts can be arranged. This is a wonderful facility and this shoot has the ability to grow with shooter support.

We as the Carolina and Georgia Vintagers encourage any and all to try and attend and support the vintage shooting community. If you have a suggestion I believe you will find Rick Hemmingway and the Backwoods staff open and willing to listen.

If we can increase the number of shooters that will increase the number of vendors and grow the event and the enjoyment for the vintage shooting community. It will not replace the Vintage Cup but it does not have to.

Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

I talked with Rick about the upcoming Fall Southern just a few days ago at his place. He said, from the looks of the number of vendors contacting him about coming, this will be the biggest one yet. My room is already reserved for the weekend.

Good reminder, Al.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

APS & Stan;

Are we seeing the beginning of the demise of the Vintagers?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the Vintagers are going to survive nationally very well as they self organize and gain strength thru grass roots governance. I believe there will be less emphasis on Vintage dress and more of a spotlight on the enjoyment of all types of side by sides.

The Spring Southern is a fabulous event because of the hard work of Bill Kemper and Rick Hemingway for many years. What Deep River suffers from is limited space for varied target presentations.

The Fall Southern is held at arguably the best clays facility in the southeast. Still with Bill and Rick putting on the show, the Fall Southern has it all.... Superb target presentations, a great space for vendors, and a beautiful Low Country backdrop to entertain spouses in Georgetown and Charleston. The restaurants and hotel options in Georgetown are second to none in the South.

Y'all come down and join us in October. You will not be disappointed! Fly into Charleston or Myrtle Beach. Stay in Georgetown or at the beach at DeBordieu Resort. If you are looking for the small town, inexpensive route, stay in Hemingway. The best BarBQ in South Carolina is just up the road at Scott's Barbecue. Live oaks and Spanish Moss, the best clays course in the southeast and the best tower shoot anywhere in the U.S. . Don't miss it!

Dr. P

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am not a good one to answer that, bushveld. I have never been to a Vintagers event, though I have shot with them many times at other S x S shoots.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
APS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The Vintagers as a group will continue to be a strong group as Chris notes. The Vintage Cup was not a Vintagers produced event. With new leadership and changes in direction the Vintage Cup is no more for now but the group is moving foreward. Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi have all established chapters. We hope more chapters will be created.

Our push here in the region is to strengthen the interest in vintage and classic shooting. Backwoods and a larger fall event seems a good place to start. We are also wanting to attract any and all who enjoy shooting and collecting not only side by sides but all fine guns.

Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

My apologies to Bill Kempffer! Kempffer is the correct spelling of his name. An unusually great guy with an unusually spelled name!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Vintagers' Cup or not why would north shooters drive down to SC for a shoot? Very few of the deep south boys come to shoots in the nawth. Same situation isn;t it? Besides by then its hunting season up heah. Will the big doublegun sellers be there in S C? Like who ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not entirely true Old Joe. I traveled from North Carolina to Houssman's Endless Mountain shoot on two occasions.

APS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Many of us came to Vintage Cup at Sandonina, Pintail, and Rhode Island. Why do you assume we did not support the shoots up north?

I love the Hudson Valley. That shoot is no more and this is a great venue. Give it a try. Vendor list will be out as we get closer.

Al

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.