Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wrote very few deep south boys drive up to nawth shoots. I diodn't write none. Lets hear from south boys that were at Vintagers' Dover furnace in N.Y. last year, by name & state pleeze.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there! Nice people and a good shoot. In fact, the Carolina Vintagers had half a dozen folks at the last Vintage Cup.

I liked the area so much that my wife and I are going to vacation in the Hudson Valley next month. I suspect that many people that visit the Low Country of South Carolina will return for a non shooting trip soon thereafter!

Chris Teigland
Charlotte, NC

Sidelock
Sidelock

I spoke with Rick Hemingway at Backwoods Quail yesterday and he is definitely adding a one-man and two-man team flurry, 16 gauge into the Big Bore and Preliminary contests, a drilling competition, a preliminary pump gun event on Thursday afternoon, and a tower pheasant shoot. Lots of opportunities to have fun. The weather is great this time of the year in SC and the seafood is fantastic all year round.

For the record, I was at Dover Furnace, and Addieville Farms the previous two years. And Sandanona, Pintail Point and Addieville Farms at the second Vintage Cup. I live in NC. I never want to pass up on a great double gun shoot. And this is going to be one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

From what I've heard, not having a Parker/L.C. Smith Challenge at Rick's has kept quite a few shooters from attending his event. Not a concern for me. Rick does a fantastic job otherwise. The food is way better than Deep River's Spring Southern, although Bill has made a good effort at improving his.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
APS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

John,

There is a Parker-Smith SBT Challenge. It will not be the same scale but there is an attempt to keep the challenge running year round.

It just boils down to creating more attendance and more vendor activity to grow the event. It does conflict with some hunting so folks will need to decide if they can miss a few days of a season to enjoy a shooting event during season.

At least October in the low country is nice weather in a great part of the country. It was only 95 degrees today. A cool spell in SC.

Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can bet college football takes its toll on this event as well.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not believe the Parker/LC Smith Trap Challenge is limited only to single-barrel guns. There will also be a "regular" challenge event on the 5-stand field. I'll look to get better details on that.

John R., I don't see why the college football should be a problem. They have a big-screen TV in the club house so we can all watch the Georgia game smile

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be going up to Dover Furnace from Charlotte for this Sept shoot (900 or so miles each way). I was in the UK last year and missed the last Vintage Cup. I attended many Vintage Cups in NY and Maryland. I never made it to Rhode Island.

I'll be in Georgetown for the Fall. Rick puts on a good shoot with excellent targets. I usually add either the 500 bird tower or a quail hunt with friends in addition to the clays. If you opt for the pheasant tower, 2 bits of advice, book early and bring lots of shells.

Joe

Sidelock
Sidelock

Judy and I have gone north for 3 Vintager events at Pintail Point and one at Addieville.

We already have our hotel reservation for this year's Fall Southern SxS and look forward to seeing our yankee friends down here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So far very few south boys have said they came north. Hwo about those from Miss, Jawja, Bama? Have you been to northern shoots like the ones at medford or Hidden hollows? I understand why, its just too far. question to OP, why mention the the Vintagers Cup status as reason for nawth boys driving to S C in october ?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.