Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Please treat us to a photo of the entire gun. Nice engraving on the breach balls and the Manufrance swamped rib is also very appealing. Hats off to Doug for the great job on the barrels.
Gil

I have some great pics with the smart phone, but for the first time ever I can't e mail them to myself to post. Tried for two hours today. Just took these three with the little point and shoot so I could get some pics up. Trying to get it figured out, will get some better shots up.

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ooh. Aah. Have you sent pics to Doug Larson?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had UPS break the neck on a guitar during shipment. How that could happen with a guitar in a hard case inside a shipping box is beyond me. I recently ordered some Land Rover parts, a serpentine belt and an idler pulley. The box arrived with the belt and an idler pulley-sized hole in the side of the box. This shipper packs things really well, so another mystery. I've come to realize that not everyone along the chain of a business transaction is honest or even minimally caring. That doesn't mean everyone is a crook or uncaring. It just takes one in the chain somewhere.

I'm glad all turned out well, Mike.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Barrels look nice. Is the bat for sale? Payment for your troubles.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Some opined it was sent to take out my frustrations, with suggested targets. Size of the bat said it was for a youngster, so back it went with my blessings.

Happy ending, just another lesson in delayed gratification. My grade 5 Ideal has made it across the pond from France, and I finally get to start the paperwork to take ownership. Only took a year and a half to get it this far, so the wait on the barrels was minor. They didn't lose or damage them, so it's all good. Going to see if I can post a photo or link to the PM "department" of the French auction site, and send the seller a pic of them finished.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would be interested to hear from the bashers of USPS telling us how many snafus they have experienced using USPS Registered Mail.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've sent 40 or 50 guns USPS some registered some priority, buyers choice. never had a single problem

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mike Harrell
I've sent 40 or 50 guns USPS some registered some priority, buyers choice. never had a single problem

Ditto on Registered. I've sent almost all my guns via Registered USPS. No issues. When I was a Govie, we sent all important equipment including some rather sensitive items all over the US via Registered Mail. It does take longer, but it is tracked all the way.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm with Mike and tut and eightbore on USPS Priority Mail. I have shipped guns via USPS for well over 30 years with zero problems and only use other shipping companies when requested by customers. I always recommend USPS Priority Mail Insured.

Priority U.S. Mail is a Registered Mail product of the U.S. Post Office and generally arrives in three days or less within the lower 48. The USPS Priority Mail pricing schedule is very reasonable in my opinion.

I use Priority U.S. Mail for International shipments as well. Priority Mail transfers to the equal product in the receiving country, which is usually their version of Priority Mail.

Doug

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.