May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, R Reynolds, NCTarheel, Marks_21, 2 invisible), 246 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,575
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 59 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not my responsibility to educate a person so unaware he doesn't know resurrection as literal or metaphorical is a continuing debate among theologians within Catholic and Protestant churches. My father's mentor for baptism was a senior church official who studied seven years in Rome. The Moderator of Canada's largest Protestant denomination, The United Church, considered it metaphorical, and was backed up by the National Council. I prefer to think of it as a metaphor, not a scientific fact. I also am not obligated to straighten out a totally confused account of my vineyard and winery except to say the winery has hired its first human resources person to lift morale. Jim said a prominent American Jew should be shot on sight like a dog for saying disgusting things. His Twin denied he said it---a lie--- but was forced to give in.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....the winery has hired its first human resources person to lift morale....

Canada is a culture of violence and misery. You bet the fear of being gunned down by a rabid right winger will grate on anyone's morale. Short of paying your workers a decent wage for their work, might I suggest armed guards. Nothing like a good guy or two with a gun to protect those who won't protect themselves, or to keep the proletariat inline. Maybe, fire the boss?

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So now we have a self professed atheist telling us that he considers the Resurrection of Jesus metaphorical. And our resident liar King Brown also cites a former moderator of the United Church of Canada who has also rejected the Deity of Jesus, and said in 1997, I dont believe Jesus was God, but Im no theologian, This is someone largely responsible for the United Church of Canada being fractured and the fastest declining church in Canada. It has lost well over 50% of its' membership in the last 50 years while overall population of Canada has increased.

Of course, it is perfectly in character for King to cite so-called leaders of a failing church that has a number of insane Leftist Liberal leaders who have strayed far from their roots and place more emphasis on homosexual Deacons, gay marriage, and wacked out environmentalist dogma than upon their founding principles... one of which is this:

We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, Who, for us men and our salvation became man and dwelt among us.

We believe that He lived a perfect human life, wholly devoted to the will of God and the service of man.

We believe that in Him God comes face to face with men; so that they learn that God loves them seeks their good, bears their sorrows and their sin, and claims their exclusive faith and perfect obedience.

We believe that in Jesus Christ God acted to save man, taking, at measureless cost, man's sin upon Himself; that the Cross reveals at once God's abhorrence of sin and His saving love in its height and depth and power; and that the Cross is for all time the effectual means of reconciling the world unto God.

We believe that Jesus was raised victorious over death and declared to be the Son of God with power; and that He is alive for evermore, our Savior and our Lord.

So we acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Son of God Incarnate, the Savior of the world.

Here's more on King's wacked out (formerly) United Church of Canada:

http://news.nationalpost.com/holy-post/the-split-in-the-united-church

Who will you cite next King... Wiccans, Druids, or Pagans? Nice try King, but I've learned to do fact checking with most everything you claim because you lie so often. What a fraud.

King won't name his father's Catholic mentors who supposedly do not believe in the Resurrection so that we can educate ourselves on their actual beliefs instead of little King's rotten lies.

He is also intentionally very vague on his vineyard and what he refers to as "his" winery even though he was never anything more than their smallest supplier of grapes. And why wouldn't he be vague after acting as though he was an award winning vintner when all he was is a very small grower of grapes? He also told us he quit selling Jost Winery grapes when the new owner, Carl Sparkes, took over a few years ago, and was mistreating his employees. At that time, he claimed that Sparkes was still using the name of his little vineyard without authorization, and that he was selling his grapes to another winery. So which winery is King referring to as his, and which winery hired an HR person to lift morale?

Also, I never denied that Jim said that the Nazi collaborator and extreme anti-gunner who King defends should be shot. I said that Jim was giving his opinion, and we are entitled to an opinion here in the U.S. Apparently Dave Weber agrees, because he did not delete Jim's posts or otherwise censure him after King squealed on Jim like a little rat. Actually, King lied when he said Jim was inciting murder, yet he excuses the anti-gun Nazi collaborator George Soros who funded riots and hate speech by race hustlers that actually did lead to the murder of cops. In fact, when King quoted Jim's first statement on the matter, King deceptively and intentionally deleted Jim's "IMO" or "In My Opinion" and then lied when he said that Jim's post had been deleted. For a guy who claims to have never lied to us, he sure is tripping over his forked tongue.

Then the lying P.O.S. King Brown said this:

Jag, it's another of his lies. Another one is flying with a pistol. Survival guns are not illegal. I forgot it was there once while flying into the states. That is a no-no. Keet is obsessed by me. He can't help himself. An affliction, to be pitied.

So after he claims that I am lying about him flying with a pistol, he is in obvious denial of his own words where he tells us that he did indeed fly with his pistol and even illegally crossed the border SEVERAL TIMES with it in his airplane:

Carry is mostly prohibited but the Mounties told me when I bought my first one 60-odd years ago that I'd never have any trouble anywhere if I used common sense, not do something foolish with people around. Used it in our wide open spaces and forgot to remove it several times crossing the border in my aircraft.

But first he concocted another lie about only flying with a Savage model 24 survival gun, and then telling us about his right and obligation to fly with a pistol as a survival gun because he now claims to be a Licensed Professional Trapper. I would believe Licensed Professional Liar.

This is the mark of a pathological and compulsive liar. And as he becomes more and more senile, it becomes increasingly difficult for him to keep all his lies straight. I'd feel sorry for him, but I have no empathy for anti-gunners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another example of his wild-eyed ignorance, of believing that all those who disagree with him on any issue are morons and idiots or "whacko" in the case of the membership of Canada's largest Protestant denomination, acknowledged as the trailblazer among Christian churches for biting the bullet on homosexuality, engagement with homosexual, heterosexual and LGBT members, removing sexism and old dogma from church teachings, ordination of women, human rights protection for all regardless of sexual orientation, gay marriage, serving Jesus by the way its membership lives---a dynamic of exploding acceptance by the United States in federal, state, military laws and churches, even the Roman Catholic Church coming around with expanding roles for women and from Francis himself "Who am I to judge?"

(I call myself an atheist because I don't know what I am except I believe in Jesus and his teachings of how to live in a loving community. It's a sin for me to call any Christian denomination a mental case should its beliefs be different from mine. Jesus would have little time for those who believe THEY are arbiters of faith and truth and denigrate, distort, denounce and lie about fellow citizens and communicants, particularly those who receive regular Holy Communion. They spit in Jesus's eye. They do it to become a somebody from a nobody. May the Spirit save us from them.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

....(I call myself an atheist because I don't know what I am except I believe in Jesus and his teachings of how to live in a loving community. Jesus would have little time for those who believe THEY are arbiters of faith and truth and denigrate, distort, denounce and lie about fellow citizens and communicants, particularly those who receive regular Holy Communion. They spit in Jesus's eye. They do it to become a somebody from a nobody. May the Spirit save us from them.)

I can see why you tolerate the church of Canada, pc. You folks should try to separate church from state, if nothing else, but to take a break from reciting talking points. Nice balance, only 'souls' of your political stripe are entitled to saving. If the right could only shed their blinders, they could open their hearts and surrender their souls to the government.

Interesting, the only 'teaching' of Jesus that's accepted is how to live the easy life, just like your fellow Christians in balmy iran. Introspection is the key to breaking the culture of violence, misery and mayhem, so apparent to outside observers, and distance yourselves from the likes of the quds forces and allow lbt's their pulpit. Hmmm, never mind, you already did that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, interesting views. I don't go to church or any activity that expects regular attendance, can't abide by it's Tuesday, men's night etc. I contribute to church projects of any denomination that strikes my fancy, as my wife and two retired daughters did at noon and last night, as well as to political parties, Ducks Unlimited, gun groups and the usual obligations.

It does seem at times that church acceptance of Jesus's teachings has the appearance of picking and choosing of what's easiest. Our Acadian parish bishop has been particularly critical in this respect. I believe Christians must be tough personally or--- to put it in another way--- they need greater courage and skill to bring forward Christian tenets of love and community.

The United Church took a big hit in membership by saying its treatment of women and those of different sexual orientation is wrong. After that was "settled" I attended Antigonish's United Church among the elms on Main Street to hear the first sermon by an ordained female friend. I was greeted at the door with a hug and kiss from a black activist female friend. Entering the church was a poignant and deeply emotional moment for me. Lo and behold, the church was full. The Spirit had prevailed.

Not always, however, are religious occasions as favourable to me. When my brother-in-law, an United Church clergyman, died my sister asked me to do the eulogy. They broke away from the UCC and formed a new church because of UCC sexual policies. My sister was a federal candidate for the Christian Heritage Party. I loved my brother-in-law and honoured his life and work in his pulpit in his brand-new church, in full Highland dress.

Love comes first.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Love comes first.

Lots-o-baggage attached though. I guess I wonder if it's a selfish or a selfless love. How do you 'feel' about it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, a lot of baggage. I don't know the answer to your question, never thought of it. It's part of what I do to get past things. In that respect, it could be selfish. Confronted by personal and public hard ones, the easy out for me is to ask myself Who am I? Then act as a brother, lover, father, son, friend or citizen should act using their finer instincts for selfless reasons. That's how I generally feel about it. I don't know.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

King i don't understand "trail blazer"when a church changes it's belief to accommodate individuals,when according to the basic writing in the bible say that they are sinners,and should follow the biblical teachings.and you can not be a catholic without the holy trinity and resurrection.

Sidelock
Sidelock

mc, I googled Early Christian trailblazers and I thought the following was a fair shot at your question:

"At the very heart of Christianity lies the life of Jesus Christ, which from nearly every perspective imaginable involves complications of some sort. Believers can choose to focus on Christ's human suffering or divine transcendence, theologians are left to debate the specific details of his resurrection and, without any contemporary portraits to go by, artists have little or no guidance in depicting him. Most problematical of all, an array of accounts now known as the Gospels ascribed to various disciples connected with him, present different and sometimes incompatible recollections of his teachings. But of all those struggling to situate him in some kind of framework, historians perhaps face the most intimidating challenge of all, trying to figure out what-really-happened in the wake of Jesus' life."

Constitutions can't be compared to the Bible but they also have similarly changing interpretations of how we're supposed to live, as do different Christian denominations and within denominations. You and I may wish to believe Holy Scripture of a man in a whale, an eye for an eye or the earth created in six days while others of faith say they're metaphors, inconsistent with other teachings. I referred to the United Church of Canada as a trailblazer because its actions, which did NOT accommodate the majority membership, are increasingly accepted by churches and governments as laws to live by.

I think of current Catholic and Protestant church reforms as a sort of mini-revival of the Protestant Reformation to get Christianity back to Christ's teachings. FromWikipedia again:

"The Protestant Reformation was the 16th-century religious, political, intellectual and cultural upheaval that splintered Catholic Europe, setting in place the structures and beliefs that would define the continent in the modern era."

Love comes first.

Page 29 of 59 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.