May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (1574trap, 1 invisible), 253 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,028
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 59 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

mc, I won't be disrespectful of your opinion of me and Canada. Only ask: Have you written to an influential US politician and presidential candidate and the NRA to offer strategies to beat back the antis, as I have?

Canada always hits above it weight in world affairs, and didn't have to be torpedoed into the First World War and bombed into the Second while Great Britain and the Commonwealth stood alone against fascism.

Canada has managed its affairs to be recognized as most contented in the world with its governance and public services, while Americans according to polls and members here are angry and disgusted with their representation in Washington.

Canada is in no one's shadow.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
You're seeing something I don't see in Geo's post....

Not a big deal King. Geo mentioned that 'a large number of Americans THINK' pro gun control. There is a specific political party, over many decades, that has taught our children and lobbied/advertised to adults that guns are bad.

Geo definitely explained a reason, but didn't touch on why a large number of Americans think only one way. Yes, I believe we see it differently. Don't you take for granted that your position is supported by a large base that has no idea why the object is bad other than what they've been taught?

That could be construed as a luxury, a perk for starting off of the 'winning' side, and then dictating the 'dialog'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know what you mean by "your position." I'm as pro-gun as you are or pretty close. My position as a gunner and gun rights advocate isn't supported by a large base, quite the opposite. I said shortly after joining the board our fraternity will decline in numbers and influence with each generation, and only smarts and consummate PR skills will keep us in the shooting game.

My children and grandchildren tried guns and hunting and lost interest mostly because of the killing. Target shooting was okay for a year or two. They didn't get the Bambi sin-to-kill from me. I make no apologies for my killing and tell friends who confront me that it's the way I was brought up, to get over it because my type will be gone like the dinosaurs in their lifetimes.

The naysayers of guns and hunting and killing know why they hate it; they're disgusted by it. Shooting anything is abhorrent. I've been scratching my head for the last month trying to find a silver bullet for moderation, accommodation, something more than Lott et al, the facts we always trot out (with barren results).

I have an idea I'm trying to sell for a better-informed general populace based on national pride. We'll see.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

King ,you know that the uk couldnt have maintained the war footing that it did with out the united states support.and it did take time to get the us involved ,Russia and the uk couldn't have put up much resistance with out our supplies, lend lease, ,illegal support.the Murmansk run kept going till the end of the war.politically, economically,the unites state cast a large shadow.i have been involved in the fight against anti gun politics and policy's and have worked for campaigns to defeat these policy's. i have had my opinions published in local publications.i worked with the NRA at a local level to defeat a proposition that would have had you leave your legally owned firearm behind if you moved to California.i personally talked to candidates about there position on gun control.and worked to defeat anti gunners.and i still think you are not a pro gun individual except for your own personnel property protection i.e. keeping your own weapons

Sidelock
Sidelock

canada and the united states are democratic republics, yes?

if so, then issues like gun control are decided by the people and specifically the majority of the people via the votes of their elected representatives...should the majority of the people decide to ban or restrict firearms, then will you as a good citizen obey the law? yes or no?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I don't know what you mean by "your position." I'm as pro-gun as you are or pretty close....

....I have an idea I'm trying to sell for a better-informed general populace based on national pride. We'll see.

I thought I mentioned this a bit ago. Is it possible to SAY someone is progun, but 'know' they're voting and supporting pro gun control politicians. It doesn't matter what you think you are, the reality is you support an agenda, and part of the agenda is gun control.

Remember, you have the luxury of 'selling' your position with the appearance of civility. Why, because you have lock step support from folks who have no clue why there're along for the ride.

I say, instead of early grade school 'text books' about homosexual exploration, how about farmer Joe throws his gun in the pickup because it's a tool just like his tractor. Maybe ten years in a row of that from kindergarten through 4rth grade would have your great grand kids asking to go with you out in the woods. But, that would cripple the agenda for maybe triple that amount of time, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, get ready to reload because I'm sticking my foot in the water again. Gun control is not in the present about changing the hearts and minds of all the people who would be happy to give up their 2nd amendment rights in order to get peace in the urban war zones. Those people don't like or want guns anyway and BELIEVE hunting is quaint but because its no longer necessary for sustenance it is just a barbaric cruelty. Especially trophy hunting! You are not likely to change their minds.

Is there an alternative to gun control to bring peace to the city? Sure, but it would amount to martial law and policing on a scale which will bring screams of injustice to the misbehaving city dwellers. There are two groups of urbanites: the misbegotten who will not be convinced to bite the hand that feeds them (however niggardly the portion may be), and the well to do liberal city dwellers who are well treated by the liberal establishment and largely insulated from the gang-bangers. The misbegotten are unreliable voters, and the wealthy liberals vote for self interest.

So the issue for us, that is the pro-gun minority, is how do we protect our rights for another period of time. The only answer in sight today is political victory for the people who will give lip service at least to honoring what we think the 2nd amendment guarantees the people. Today that means the Republican party, and electing a Republican President as well as maintaining control of the legislative branch and naming conservative Justices to maintain the present balance of the Supreme Court.

How? By doing just what the Republican party is doing in this election. Keeping The Donald out there revving up the base and leaving it up to the center to reach out to new elements who might see some personal interest in conservative governance in the form of a reasonable immigration policy for the hispanics, fiscal responsibility and a plan to control the streets for the benefit of the wealthy liberals who are being taxed in the cities to support the misbegotten who scare the hell out of them, and a renewed interest in national security for the safety of the Country.

When the nominating begins Trump and his supporters must be satisfied that the issues he has brought to the front pages are taken seriously and incorporated in the platform to prevent a 3rd party disaster like Perot as well as another voting strike by the core of the party like with McCain and Mitt.

I think Hillary will self destruct and that they have no bench at all except for Biden as a retread and one of the communists.

The only Republican candidate I can see who can win is Jeb Bush. Hispanics will feel comfortable with him due to his Honduran wife and the job he did governing in Florida(and he did do a good job as Governor). He will have to come up with a fair immigration policy that he can effectively articulate without stumbling as well. But he can win the Hispanic vote, I think. The Democrats make a mistake presuming the Hispanic vote; their values are pure conservative.

Not that I personally trust the Republican party on gun control. To retain power they will throw us under the bus before you know it. Seen any Confederate Flags "flapping" around the government buildings lately?...Geo

Sorry for the long post, I just felt some foolish need to express myself on what I think is an important subject, even if it down here in the romper room!

P.S.: Oh and just to keep my post on topic with the thread, no I don't think King Brown is an Anti-gunner.

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 08/24/15 09:27 PM. Reason: added postscript
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
.....Sorry for the long post, I just felt some foolish need to express myself on what I think is an important subject, even if it down here in the romper room!

Good job Geo. It would be a great job if you were more niggardly with the word count.

If you're right about Jeb, I hope, seriously, he's taking acting and speaking lessons. I've never, ever, seen a guy swing from trying to emulate O'Malley and Trump in the span of about two weeks.

In this day and age, taking issues and positions seriously seems foolish. Folks aren't that engaged, you just have to grab their attention. Then it's up to the individual if they hold their attention.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
....express myself on what I think is an important subject....
....P.S.: Oh and just to keep my post on topic with the thread, no I don't think King Brown is an Anti-gunner.

Geo, then I'll ask you to help me out on this one.

I believe you've read a ton of stuff here by King about what a pretty good to great President the current fellow is. I also couldn't help but notice your election comments up where we're not supposed to misfire.

I believe it's fairly safe to assume that you're not too impressed by the direction of the country on it's current path.

Seems to me like polar opposites of what King praises about the direction that the current fellow has taken the country. Among other directions, I believe he's taken the country in a deliberate anti gun direction, and would go farther if he could.

But, I may be mistaken, and there're many other worthy issues beyond gun control. If King could vote in the US, I suspect he'd vote the current guy in for a third term. Question, has King made a satisfactory case that the pres, who can control the agenda, is pro gun? His case does not seem to hold up in the romper room, but would you go to court with it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

King has a thing for President Obama. King is a liberal, hell he's a communist. When the civil rights movement was taking dead aim on the South, King was traveling with the freedom riders while reporting and was what my family correctly called an outside agitator. I don't think much of his politics

That period of King Brown's life was the peak of his career though and I believe to him the most important thing he has ever been involved in. The election of Mr. Obama as President of the United States was in King's eye a repudiation of all that he saw as wrong about the United States, and he can see no wrong in the man. Sometimes you just have to make allowances.

On the other hand King is the guy who in his late 70's dropped a Fox Sterlingworth in the Atlantic ocean and came back the next Summer and dove in 90 feet deep waters to recover it. He then had it restored. Tht would have been one gone Sterlingworth if it had been mine! Can't be anti-gun...Geo

Page 34 of 59 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.