March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (L. Brown, bsteele, desullivan, 2 invisible), 691 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,339
Posts543,410
Members14,386
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

Daryl Hallquist

I am guilty of not being a member of the LACA. My interest in Lefevers just got out of hand, in the last two or three years. Up till then I lead a quite life in the Remington, Fox, Parker, Smith and Ithaca world. Then I made the venture into the Lefever world. Three years and all most 30 guns later I am getting to the end of Lefever lust.

As to joining the LACA, it just never reached the level that I wanted to join one more thing. I belong to five gun clubs which I shoot at with long time friends, hunt in four states, half a dozen professional associations, one political party, one church, one full time job an one part time job, read eight to ten bbs and post on four bbs, plus one wife and five children to round out a full life.

As to buying one of the new Lefevers, if Ken gets this to work I will buy at least one and most likely several. Money is not as big a deal to me as it once was. Past fifty we all see that money will last long after our time might run out. He who has the most toys may be counted as a winner, but to me if they are not used and enjoyed he is disqualified. I intend to leave my kids a large number of used and enjoyed guns with an even larger pile of empties. Would be nice ot leave my sons a spiffy new Lefever to shoot those shells in after they reload them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
why do they comment ? I have been collecting these guns over 30 years, but still want to know more. Why would the majority of 29 or so pages of posters not be members of the Levever Arms Collector's Assoc. ?

Perhaps because some are not interested in collecting them, but rather in owning and shooting a classic SxS made to modern standards? Perhaps because this initiative of Ken's offers a relatively economical way to have a top drawer SxS project, customized as the owner sees fit. Perhaps because.....

I am often reminded in life that "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5

Last edited by Baron23; 04/12/07 10:35 PM.

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Rob, whats the chances of borrowing that breech for the project ? Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
TBB Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi Mr. Hurst I enjoyed talking to you on the phone today and am looking forward to meeting you in person in a couple of weeks! This looks like a very exciting project! Good luck and Godspeed! I will definitely keep a close eye on what is happening and stay in touch.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken,

Hadn't seen this thread for a while. You are welcome to use the breech for the project as long as it will be non-destructive.

Of course if it get ruined in the process you can always send me a new one

Give me a call, you have my number. I'll send it to you.

Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken any progress on the new Lefever project? Been tempted to start making room for one.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi guys --- things are still shaking out as I write. I won't be posting on this subject until I have something concrete to say. However, it isn't dead --- just takes time.

Recoil Rob --- I answered your email re. this request but must have been lost in cyberspace. YES, I sure would love to borrow it and it won't be damaged. My address is;

Ken Hurst
PO Box 5
Robersonville, N.C.

Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the mail tomorrow Ken.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Hurst-Lefever project continues to develop since last reported by Ken Hurst. Many folks commenting in the BBS referenced features that they would like to have included in the new Hurst-Lefever double. These comments ranged from keeping the barreled action basic with DS grade type features - others commented that they favor the Optimus grade.

I'm attempting to help Ken clarify what the final design should include. He has asked that I address this area through a BBS survey.

The new Hurst-Lefever barreled actions will have auto ejectors and will be built on the XX lightweight frame. The XX frame was used with the 20Ga, 16Ga, and some lightweight 12Ga - 2 3/4" chambered Lefever models. Laser welded tubes with monoblock construction will be used. The compensating action will also be standard. The nominal weight with wood is targeted between 6 1/4 and 6 1/2 lbs.

SURVEY - additional features desired:
1) Gauge - 28Ga, 20Ga, 16Ga, or 12Ga
2) Barrel length - 26",28", 30", or 32"
3) Solid rib type - flat matted or concave
4) Top rib extension - Dolls head or slotted rib extension
5) Forend release - Chamshell type or Push Button
6) Stepped lock plate - Yes or No
7) Cocking indicators - Yes or No
8) Block stock fitted to barrel action with customer supplied
wood - Yes or No
9) Other features desired

Your other input comments will be very welcomed.
George Pittelko

Sidelock
Sidelock

1) 28ga/20ga
2) 28"
3) flat matted
4) dolls head extension
5) clamshell forend release
6) stepped lockplate
7) no cocking indicators
8) no wood fitted, referred stockmakers list
9) offer single selective trigger.

Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.