March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (ChiefAmungum), 217 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,975
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, well it's that glorious time of year again.......Bird Hunting season! Seeing how Doves have opened and for us here, Sharptail and Huns will open next weekend. Thought it was time to start this thread again.

I have not been able to get out yet for Doves (will this evening), but my son Will went out once and limited (no pics however). Hope to have some pics later today.

Anyway, lets see your pictures of your guns, dogs, hunt and of course birds.

Best of luck to all of you and remember to be safe. As the saying goes "All the pheasants ever bred is not worth one man dead"

Good Luck!!!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

This time of the year when chasing mountain grouse a fly rod or two is a good idea. 16 GA # 2 AyA an a 28 GA Parker Repro 2 bl. set. Fly rods are built on Sage blanks and have local Juniper handles. No they are not slippery, primarily due to the full wells grips.

Jim
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Waiting for birds."

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

AmarilloMike is in Montana hunting Huns and Sharptails. Yesterday he shot several sharpies and his French Brittany, Buddy, pointed and retrieved this one. I couldn't go with him, being stuck in New Mexico having to do hand to hand combat with the trout.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wingshooter16: Manufrance Ideal?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lloyd, you are correct sir . That is an Ideal 16 gauge. Can't remember for sure but I think that Ideal of Mike's is a grade 3. Somewhere on this board there are pics of a second set of barrels Wingshooter got for that gun and had PA24 blacken. Gorgeous gun and in the perfect gauge.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

My dove season opener was a bust a week and a half ago the sunflowers we planted were looking great but deer came in and ate everything down.I have never seen like it before.10 acres of sunflowers sorgum and even some millet. It was pretty hot and the dog got in some water work and got to put up a couple of quail though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Wingshooter16: Manufrance Ideal?

As James said, only that it is a grade 4, 3 palm, model 314. Love it, and the retractable sling got some jealous looks when everyone was juggling birds, stool/chair, shells, Mojos, water bottle, etc. etc.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you both. Neat guns, from some of the photography I've seen. Never have personally gotten close to a nice one yet. All I've ever seen are low-grade, beat-to-death versions.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well I think we should find a way to chase some birds together and let you try her out. Here is a pic of my No. 5, 16 ga. which I hope to have in my possession shortly:

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.