May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hugh Lomas, SKB, ClapperZapper, Mike Harrell, Guy Ave), 444 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,480
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Poor rocky mtn transplant bill. It's too bad Bush never funded a "No Teacher Left Behind" program for dim bulbs like him.

Of course the secret Yellowcake transfer of 550 metric tons from Iraq to Canada in 2008 was different than the earlier Yellowcake incident which was a small part of the reasoning to take out Saddam Hussein. I provided those links for Billy to illustrate to our little DNC parrot that Saddam absolutely had been involved in actual and attempted WMD production prior to Gulf War I and still had huge stockpiles of uranium, chemicals, biologicals, and the infrastructure and will to restart production.

Since it was well known that Saddam had engaged in past attempts to produce nuclear weapons, and since it was well known that Iraq already had huge stocks of Yellowcake, it was not much of a stretch to conclude that Saddam was pursuing more and attempting to ramp up enrichment and production in violation of U.N. Sanctions. Saddam had already thrown out U.N. Inspectors, violated other U.N. Sanctions, and bragged about having WMD.

Billy's Yellowcake incident was only a small part of Bush's sales pitch for going back into Iraq. He acts as if that was the sole premise. And the revelation about probable forged documents did not happen until well after that sales pitch. There never was even a small bit of evidence that Bush or anyone in his administration had anything to do with those forged documents. The British Parliament investigated and also exonerated Tony Blair on the same charges. It was not until 11/4/2005 that Italy's military intelligence agency SISMI identified a former Italian spy named Rocco Martino as the source of the forged documents. The F.B.I. shut down it's investigation into the source the same day. George Tenet accepted blame on behalf of the CIA for not realizing the Yellowcake documents were forgeries.

Billy is still full of shit and has accused Bush of fudged intelligence and forcing Colin Powell to lie without a shred of proof. The Valerie Plame incident happened well after the decision to go back into Iraq.

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
The man from Cheney's office who took the fall for outing Valerie Plame was Scooter Libby.

Once again, Billy is spreading false information. Nobody was ever indicted or convicted for outing Plame. Scooter Libby was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice.

And Billy still has not proved his assertion that Bush fudged the intelligence. His "evidence all over the landscape" seems to be too hard for poor dumb Billy to find. If there was any proof, Bush would have been impeached. But Billy will still go on spreading lies and bullshit because he is nothing but an agenda driven DNC parrot. I've said it before... If this is how Billy taught school, his students and the taxpayers who paid him were cheated. He does not deserve his pension. This is what is wrong with our education system. More money will not correct tenured fools and Libtards with a self serving agenda.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We can take the little fella's word or the British prime minister's at the time for whether the intelligence was wrong. Tony Blair apologized yesterday on CNN for acting on wrong information and that there are "elements of truth" in the theory that the invasion helped feed the rise of ISIS.

As for fudging, he acknowledges intelligence confirming presence of WMDs was also wrong. Blair's confession and apology on US television is seen by some pundits as getting out his story before the official Chilcott Report expected next month. From The Independent:

"It is as part of a longer documentary, Long Road To Hell: America In Iraq, set to be screened on Tueday.

With the cameras rolling, Mr Zakaria asked Mr Blair: “Given that Saddam had no WMDs, was the war a mistake?”

He replied: “I apologise for the fact that the intelligence we received was wrong. I also apologise, by the way, for some of the mistakes in planning, and certainly, our mistake in our understanding of what would happen once you removed the regime. But I find it hard to apologise for removing Saddam.”

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
The man from Cheney's office who took the fall for outing Valerie Plame was Scooter Libby.

Well, you walked right into that one and shut the door behind you. If that answer is any indication of the depth of your knowledge of the issue, we can discount anything you have to offer.

Case closed.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....apologized....

....he acknowledges....

....apologise....apologise....apologise....

Are you sure he acknowledged anything, or did the 'interviewer' interject bias? Four to one apologies to a psuedo acknowledgement, If I didn't know any better, I'd think that was a black former mayor, caught on video smoking crack cocaine with a couple of hookers.

Blair's preemptive move? Seems he's not near as worried about being proactive as bo and hill will be with pardon paperwork, while bo still can, eh.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
We can take the little fella's word or the British prime minister's at the time for whether the intelligence was wrong. Tony Blair apologized yesterday on CNN for acting on wrong information and that there are "elements of truth" in the theory that the invasion helped feed the rise of ISIS.

As for fudging, he acknowledges intelligence confirming presence of WMDs was also wrong. Blair's confession and apology on US television is seen by some pundits as getting out his story before the official Chilcott Report expected next month. From The Independent:

"It is as part of a longer documentary, Long Road To Hell: America In Iraq, set to be screened on Tueday.

With the cameras rolling, Mr Zakaria asked Mr Blair: “Given that Saddam had no WMDs, was the war a mistake?”

He replied: “I apologise for the fact that the intelligence we received was wrong. I also apologise, by the way, for some of the mistakes in planning, and certainly, our mistake in our understanding of what would happen once you removed the regime. But I find it hard to apologise for removing Saddam.”

King, as you well know, there is a giant gap between acting on information that turned out to be wrong and acknowledging that when compared to acting on information you know to be incorrect or fudged.

I read that interview with Blair. I read clearly he is apologizing for acting on information that later turned out to be somewhat incorrect. In fact the article identifies the Italian agent who was the source of the incorrect intel. At no time does Blair acknowledge or accept that he knew the intel was wrong.

Or am I wrong?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Little King has a little brain, and an agenda driven brain at that James.

I personally think that has a lot to do with his exit or ejection from journalism. Too bad he wasn't entering into that career today, because agenda driven journalistic inaccuracies are more tolerated today... at least until they become a total embarrassment. Then the lying Liberal reporters get a slap on the wrist and a leave of absence. It is not surprising that little King was the only one here who made excuses for Lyin' Brian Williams.

I have said many times that some of the intelligence that led Republicans and Democrats alike to support the Iraq war turned out to be wrong. Some of it, including the existence of WMD turned out to be correct. We have discussed in the past the Polish Army's discovery of artillery shells loaded with cyclosarin which was reported in the Wall Street Journal. Little King and dishonest dunce Billy Ferguson will deny the widely reported injuries and illnesses contracted by soldiers who were exposed to stockpiles of chemicals used in weapons. Little King and dim bulb Billy choose to ignore the link Dave K provided earlier in this thread:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/234626/saddams-wmds-lefts-iraq-lies-exposed-arnold-ahlert

The State Department and other U.S. government officials have revealed that ISIS now occupies the Al Muthanna Chemicals Weapons Complex which was Saddam's primary chemical complex located 50 miles from Baghdad.

Little King is still apparently clinging to the lie that either Bush or Tony Blair "fudged intelligence", or he is using his weasel words and "craft of journalism" in a dishonest attempt to convey that notion. But neither lyin' King or brainless Billy have provided a shred of evidence. Even two Libtards working together repeating a lie will not make it true.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another issue the Democrats always ignore was the presence of an entire division of Russian chemical troops which sanitized Iraq immediately preceding the invasion. Much of the material was shipped to the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If Saddam had any WMD’s, when faced with certain death, why didn’t he use them, as he had done in the past?

Because he had none. Or, the Russians sanitized Iraq. Which seems more likely?

Intentional misrepresentations or shitty intelligence, the consequences were the same. Ultimately, the “evidence” relied upon to justify that war was either false and/or inaccurate.

The depressing thing is so many members of Congress voted to authorize a war when there was so little genuine evidence to justify it. Edwards, Kerry, Biden…they all voted for it. How convenient that they now claim to have been misled. Kind of like how they don't read the bills they vote for.

I’ve tried that a few times when I’ve done something stupid but, it never works for me...

Maybe the lesson is you can’t trust anything these people say about anything. You can’t believe what they say about war, healthcare, the economy, the climate, immigration, hope and change, or anything at all. Lying liars all around.

Last edited by RyanF; 10/26/15 03:47 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

+1

Sidelock
Sidelock

RyanF nailed it.

Even Chretien wouldn't touch it.

Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.