April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (LeFusil, 4 invisible), 959 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,106
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Sixteen million people have health insurance who previously had none.If it costs them more than projected, most would rather have it than nothing.The myth that Obama care is a total failure is what keeps that 17% cheering for Trump. Soldier on.

What myth you liar Bill ?

Its done, by 2017 it will be flushed from our country like the bad nightmare it was, complete failure !
BTW it was never about providing healthcare-as proven by the falling numbers,it was a failed redistribution and government control from cradle to gave attempt.

"ObamaCare liberals pose as what-works-and-what-doesn’t technocrats. So perhaps they’d care to explain what it says about their creation that so many rational adults are willing to pay a fine of $695 or 2.5% of their earnings, whichever is higher, for the privilege of not buying an ObamaCare-compliant health plan."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-decline-of-obamacare-1445807092

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave I bet the guy still believes in the tooth fairy....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Dave I bet the guy still believes in the tooth fairy....

Tooth fairy? You must be referring to Caitlyn SKB.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Whatever the numbers, America's future is universal healthcare and guaranteed annual income, not for ideological reasons but necessity to buffer widening disparity and boost consumption i.e. Ford paying workers then-preposterous $5/day. Obamacare is the beginning. No more revolutionary than the changing face of America over the last 25 years. Does anyone here imagine two black presidents in a row?

The math would be 1 ˝ black presidents in a row but…whatever, Carson is never going to be President. Nobody from the four Christian “cult” religions (Mormon, 7th day, Jehovah Witness, Scientology) can win a national election. I’m not commenting on their dogmas, just on how our culture views them. Republicans are badly out of touch and learned nothing from Romney. A Mormon was never, ever, going to be President.

The conservative fetish with Carson is a disturbing, yet predictable, development. This is why they lose in a nutshell.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ryan in my childhood there was doubt a Catholic could be elected President. Kennedy busted that.

In my childhood and early adult years White Southerners voted for Democrats. After busing and affirmative action became common they turned in just a few years to the Republicans.

Atheists have become more politically powerful. I believe that has made many fringe Christian faiths much more acceptable to mainstream Christians.

I think Romney's Mormonism was a non-issue in the last election.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Ryan In my childhood and early adult years White Southerners voted for Democrats. After busing and affirmative action became common they turned in just a few years to the Republicans.

My experience as well. And the Republicans have been forthcoming with little in return...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Reflecting on the posts above, and coming back to my mantra that political partisanship here is militating against the shooting sports, it's worth considering that those who can't agree on a particular principle from being too committed to narrow ideological issues often come together later on shared pro-gun campaigns. Broadcasting the notion Democrat voters are anti-gun is self-defeating.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The rise of secularism harms, not helps, the unorthodox (heretical?) Christian sects. They have the rare ability to scare the shit out of fringes both the very religious and the very secular. It might be because the USA is obsessed with religious tolerance and the “cult” sects make us naturally uneasy. Regardless, it’s unrealistic to think a candidate’s faith will not be noticed. I believe Romney’s Mormonism was a problem in the purple states, not the red states.

They might be viable as Democrats. D’s can get away with flawed candidates because they get 240 some electoral votes by default. R’s need to run a near perfect game to win.

This Carson rise is fake anyway. The conservative media is flattering Carson in the hope that he can get rid of Trump. Then when Trump is gone they will try to pull the switcheroo and push Rubio or some other establishment tool.

King: Democrats are anti-gun. I wish they were not but they are. Look what they said about Jim Webb (who's on their team).

Last edited by RyanF; 10/28/15 02:06 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....it's worth considering that those who can't agree on a particular principle from being too committed to narrow ideological issues often come together later on shared pro-gun campaigns. Broadcasting the notion Democrat voters are anti-gun is self-defeating.

Can I ask, what's your agenda here?

At this moment, hill is the would be nominee, and any good lock step dem will vote for her. Am I wrong with any of these two points?

She consistently says, on this current campaign trail, that she is anti gun, and reinforced her position just a couple of days ago at a campaign stop.

Would you take a moment to answer. Are your saying, vote for hill and then later ask her to sit at the bargaining table and trust that she'll be agreeable, and then do the right thing? Of course I'll let you define 'right' in the most divisive, vile anti gun way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not secularism, it's urbanization.
The numbers in urban areas grow ever greater, and their need/use/tolerance for firearms ever wanes.
More House of Representatives coming from urban areas every census. No gun love there.

Romney's Mormonism was made as small an issue as possible. It was his candor about the non-producers that sunk him.

I know of NO evangelical whatever's that chose not to vote in the last election. Additionally, I have seen no results sifting that showed any state that turned democrat because a church goer was mad.
People need to move past that notion. It's an easy one to hold on to, but it's not accurate.

Oh, and voter fraud. That one's a loser too. I wouldn't hinge my beliefs on that one either.

Good candidates, good messages, simple action plans.
Do that.
Don't force candidates to submit to 40 weird litmus tests before you'll vote for them either. It's counterproductive.

Out there doing it best I can.
Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.