April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Mark II, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 446 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

America doesn't draft women either, go to any post office for the selective service brochure and it mater-of-factly says in big bold letters "MEN ONLY"!!!
All the best

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Jim, Gloria creams Hilary. jack, we never workshop our best ideas. Only thing noticed about our current PM is his running interference for Mr. Bush; he's trying to bridge Europe and US this week G8 on climate change---and we've got nothing to brag about.

Last edited by King Brown; 06/04/07 06:58 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Current military cannot run for office, Brownie. She'll hafta quit. Primaries aren't until next year. You'll have to accept leading in the polls.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe King is using the term as in - to draft a candidate - not as in - Greetings from the President of the United States.

King the US Fed Gov, is a construct of the various Soverign States, each of which have their own pecuilar rules and laws concerning who may appear on the Presidential Ballot.

The Dems and Pubs run sort of a two card Monte, to control who may appear on the ballot. You could research the tribulations of Ross Perot, Patrick Buchannon, Libertarian Party etc, to get a understanding for how the law and rules in each State vary.

Oh and could you include the Re-Establishment of the Republic of Texas as a sub-plot ?

Last edited by postoak; 06/04/07 09:37 PM.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We can bash canada, but their soldiers are first rate. The worlds record documented sniper kill was made by a sniper from the Princess Pats Regt. in Afghnaistan. It was over 2400M if I remember.

I actually ran into an opportuntiy to shut up one of our northern brothers, or I should say "sisters. I was in a hotel waiting to check in and she was ranting with the clerk about Bush and the war. I had only gotten back form Afghanistan a short while before and was not i the mood for anyone, much less a foreigner from bashing my Commander in Chief (right or wrong about the war) She was the typical liberal city Canadian, repleat with Birkenstocks, tied died hemp shirt, unshaved legs, granny glasses, bag of granola in her handbag made of unbleached cotton; you get the picture. Well, anyway, she is blathering on about the terrible war, war isnt the answer to anything.Bush bad, Canada good etc etc. I stood by and finally interjected and told both of them that I had just spent a year deployed and while I respect their right to free speech, they should respect myine and I proceeded to tell them that what they know isnt reality etc. and then asked the Canadian broad if she knew how great and skilled her Canadian soldiers were. She mumbled soemthing in feigned support and then I asked her how she felt having the worlds record for killing a man a long range being accomplished and held by a fellow peace loving Canadian, eh? She was speechless. She was in denial that a fellow Canadian would ever do such a thing. It was a priceless moment where I got to turn, just for a moment the tables on some anti war rant.
But I digress.

The longest-ever confirmed sniper kill was made by Master Cpl. Arron Perry of the Canadian Armed Forces in Afghanistan during combat in 2003. Using a .50-caliber MacMillan TAC-50 rifle, Perry shot and killed an Afghan soldier from a distance of 2,430 metres.

The record was set during Operation Anaconda when a Canadian three-man sniper team from the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, (PPCLI), set the new record with a shot on a Taliban fighter

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of the Best Folks I have ever met were from Alberta Canada, most near as nice as folks from West Texas.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

People in Hamilton, Ont. are alright in my book.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nokomis, Sask. folks are A-OK in my experience...Geo

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Brian, a member of this board mentored and debriefed American and Canadian snipers, including the Princess Pats. training together in the United States. He told me in a private message that what he liked about the "Canadian kids" is that they never gave him any bs aboput hits and misses. Canada comprises 10 per cent of the ISAF force and has had 25 per cent of its casualties.

Pete, yes, she comes home and resigns as a result of her celebrity and backroom Pentagon and White House manoeuvering led by a one-star black general political wizard. Postoak, I guess I'll have to get Gloria positioned for next year's primaries. I've read Ted White's Making of the President 1964, a splendid account of the "Duel to the Death" primaries between Rockefeller and Goldwater. .

I was with JFK when he broke through in Wisconsin in 1960. Thanks to all of you.

I thought so!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.