Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

And then there is the stupidity factor with the big box operations.
Stan posted:
Quote:
Academy had boxes of 10, Rio Bismuth, 3", 1 1/4 oz., #4s, yesterday for $11.99/box, online.

I went to the Academy website last night and tried to place an order for these loads and for one other that was clearance priced. Their system would not let me check out because they won't ship to California (along with ten other locations, such as DC). So this morning I called Academy to find out why they won't ship duck loads to CA. Spent 2-1/2 hours on the phone, couldn't get past the first-level customer service reps, lots of time on hold while they consulted their supervisors. The answer that came back was that there are legal restrictions that prevent them from shipping ammo to CA. I know that is BS because I order ammo all the time from various vendors, and have five flats in transit right now from Cabela's. I was not allowed to actually speak with the CS supervisors, so I called back and tried again. Same drill, CS sups don't actually speak with customers. Could not get the call escalated. Called their corporate office and spent about a half hour trying to get a live person on the other end. Finally got a living person in their payroll department who forwarded my name and number to another CS supervisor, who is yet to call me back. Tried every option on their phone system, no dice. Academy is owned by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, apparently in their private equity retail group, so I called KKR in Houston, which referred me to New York, which told me there was no one to discuss this with and I should email Client Services. I am trying to buy perfectly legal duck loads. There are no legal restrictions on shipping these to me, and their competition does it all the time. Nobody is willing to take any ownership for the issue. Academy is closing off 38 million people in the state that harvests more waterfowl every year than any other state in the union. They are in business to sell this stuff, and KKR bought them to make money. They are ceding the market to their competition. It's just incredibly stupid and very frustrating.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow, a large corporation with thousand of employees and you guys are talking like it's a massive conspiracy to screw you over. Talking to the AG? False advertising? Never shopping there again? Get a grip!

Rarely shopping there is not a bad idea because they typically don't carry a lot of the products we seem to gravitate to. I like Replacement's story about the competition. Just as f'd up. The problem isn't Cabelas. It's large organizations.....things get screwed up now and again. Surprising that's news around here.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Stan posted:
Quote:
Academy had boxes of 10, Rio Bismuth, 3", 1 1/4 oz., #4s, yesterday for $11.99/box, online.

I went to the Academy website last night and tried to place an order for these loads and for one other that was clearance priced. Their system would not let me check out because they won't ship to California (along with ten other locations, such as DC). So this morning I called Academy to find out why they won't ship duck loads to CA. Spent 2-1/2 hours on the phone, couldn't get past the first-level customer service reps, lots of time on hold while they consulted their supervisors. The answer that came back was that there are legal restrictions that prevent them from shipping ammo to CA. I know that is BS because I order ammo all the time from various vendors, and have five flats in transit right now from Cabela's. I was not allowed to actually speak with the CS supervisors, so I called back and tried again. Same drill, CS sups don't actually speak with customers. Could not get the call escalated. Called their corporate office and spent about a half hour trying to get a live person on the other end. Finally got a living person in their payroll department who forwarded my name and number to another CS supervisor, who is yet to call me back. Tried every option on their phone system, no dice. Academy is owned by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, apparently in their private equity retail group, so I called KKR in Houston, which referred me to New York, which told me there was no one to discuss this with and I should email Client Services. I am trying to buy perfectly legal duck loads. There are no legal restrictions on shipping these to me, and their competition does it all the time. Nobody is willing to take any ownership for the issue. Academy is closing off 38 million people in the state that harvests more waterfowl every year than any other state in the union. They are in business to sell this stuff, and KKR bought them to make money. They are ceding the market to their competition. It's just incredibly stupid and very frustrating.

I've got a pile of 2 3/4", #4 RIO Bismuth, 1 1/8 oz. loads on the way to me for $10.48/box. Now that is really a deal.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Wow, a large corporation with thousand of employees and you guys are talking like it's a massive conspiracy to screw you over. Talking to the AG? False advertising? Never shopping there again? Get a grip!

Rarely shopping there is not a bad idea because they typically don't carry a lot of the products we seem to gravitate to. I like Replacement's story about the competition. Just as f'd up. The problem isn't Cabelas. It's large organizations.....things get screwed up now and again. Surprising that's news around here.

Agreed... I'm one of the lucky few that actually got the shells (came in today) but my gut feeling from the get go was that someone screwed up. If my order was canceled I would have been disappointed no doubt but I would understand why.

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan posted:
Quote:

The legal restriction that you ran into was policy of abundance of caution from their legal department. There is simply no way to overcome the in-house legal counsel. It's their job to keep the company from winding up in regulatory hot water and no matter what you say or what logical argument you can bring, their word stands. It's simply the way it is when some states or jurisdictions become restrictive. You can't blame them for wanting to stay out of trouble regardless of whether or not it's overkill.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
It's simply the way it is when some states or jurisdictions become restrictive. You can't blame them for wanting to stay out of trouble regardless of whether or not it's overkill.

Your statement would be correct IF THERE WERE ANY ACTUAL RESTRICTION ON SHIPMENT OF AMMO TO ME. There is no such restriction, never has been. Every other retailer ships ammo to me. I can and will blame Academy for stupidity and incompetence. Neither this state nor this jurisdiction have ever imposed any restrictions, of any kind, on shipment of duck loads. Academy is confused. If they want to be in the business of selling ammo, they should at least familiarize themselves with the regulations. Idiots.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
It's simply the way it is when some states or jurisdictions become restrictive. You can't blame them for wanting to stay out of trouble regardless of whether or not it's overkill.

Your statement would be correct IF THERE WERE ANY ACTUAL RESTRICTION ON SHIPMENT OF AMMO TO ME. There is no such restriction, never has been. Every other retailer ships ammo to me. I can and will blame Academy for stupidity and incompetence. Neither this state nor this jurisdiction have ever imposed any restrictions, of any kind, on shipment of duck loads. Academy is confused. If they want to be in the business of selling ammo, they should at least familiarize themselves with the regulations. Idiots.

You've missed my point. There doesn't need to be any actual restrictions, only the perception or political climate amenable to restrictions. Their in-house legal counsel can make whatever policy they want to. You have to admit that California has more restrictive gun laws than Texas for example.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
You've missed my point. There doesn't need to be any actual restrictions, only the perception or political climate amenable to restrictions. Their in-house legal counsel can make whatever policy they want to. You have to admit that California has more restrictive gun laws than Texas for example.

No, I got your point. They are covering their corporate asses to protect against an imaginary threat. THERE IS NO RESTRICTION ON SHIPMENT OF THIS AMMO. They are in the business of selling ammo, so they should know and understand the rules. CA's gun laws have no bearing on this particular transaction, because this is not a gun shipment. Academy won't ship guns to a CA FFL either, also a stupid, incompetent decision on their part. I tried to buy a Yildiz double a couple of years ago and encountered the same bullshit from the fools at Academy. There is absolutely no legal or regulatory restriction on shipping a bird gun to an FFL in CA. I know they can do business in whatever manner they choose, but to claim that they are legally prevented from shipping ammo to me is just plain wrong. If they actually believe that there is some legal restriction against shipping shells to me, then they are inept, incompetent, bereft of any actual knowledge of the regulations, and totally without credibility and legitimacy as an online merchant. If they don't actually believe there is some legal restriction, then they are flat out lying. Either way, that is no way to do business. They are idiots.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's called "the California effect". That State has become such a PITA to deal with for out-of-state gun folks that some have abandoned attempting to do business there. They figure that it isn't worth the time and trouble. Not entirely rational, but there you have it. Chilling when you consider all the potential consequences.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To late I found that the local sporting clays range is selling them for $4/box. Seems like they kick like mules.
bill

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.