March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (eightbore, SKB, steve voss, Lawrence Kotchek, battle, Perry M. Kissam), 336 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,000
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#429055 12/12/15 11:12 AM
Silvers Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Serious buyer wants an original and very nice Sedgley 1903 Springfield. 30/06 preferred but another deer hunting caliber would also be of interest. Please send me a PM or email with what have you to: silvers897(at)yahoo.com

I'll want to see good pics before going ahead with a buy but it would be great if you would give me a complete description and price wanted up front. Thanks gents! Commission to Dave of course.

Frank Silvers

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Cabelas' Gun Library in Grandville, MI has had one for a year- now in the sale rack category. As the grandkids gave me a Century Gift Certificate for Xmas, I will be visiting that store soon, and would be glad to appraise it for you- I believe that Cabelas will ship a Gun Library firearm to your closest Cabela's, for a $25.00 fee- then you can look it over yourself and decide. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

RWTF is correct. Cabelas will ship to the nearest Gun Library and you are under no obligation to purchase. Just pay the $25, they call when it shows up (although it can take a couple of weeks at least that is my experience) and it is great. I just did this with a C. Hall SXS and it was a real benefit as I was able to negotiate a better price once I had the gun in hand and they saw I was actually interested and not a tire kicker.
WBLDon

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cabelas is good about negotiating once a gun is in stock over 60 days. Their policy wont allow sales people to negotiate prior to 60 days though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's usually the rule on guns outside the Library priced under 1K- at least with the two stores here in MI--Dundee and Grandville. Usually the higher end items in the Gun Library run about 6 months to a full year before they hit the sale rack. Overbuying tells me one thing- most of their gun buyers are not the sharpest chisels in the pouch- with some exceptions-and they get stuck with overpriced guns that the cognoscenti will not touch-and sometimes their descriptions and miss-spelled nomenclature are really way out of touch with reality-IMO

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, I'm unsure how Cabelas stays profitable with their gun library. Their pricing is usually overpriced, and occasionally way underpriced! I recently bought 4 old Marlins at my local Cabelas and doubled my money on three of them, to have a beautiful Ballard for free!

Silvers Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you Fox and others. I will check it out.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.