April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (fallschirmjaeger, JBG, 2 invisible), 435 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,793
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anybody ever dealt with Marty Mabry out of Texas? Reason is he had a gun listed a couple of months ago at no reserve and I bid but did not win.
Now I see he has it listed again.
Umm?

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Proctor:
Marty is A-Ok in my book...... Straight Shooter, KNOWS a lot about A LOT of Different and Diverse gun types......

He has strong business ties to one of the MOST successful/largest guys in the Sporting Accessory/Ammunition retailing sector in the U.S. Another Straight Shooter

Try to email him and ask for a number so you can chat....I have his number, but I am reluctant to give out a friend's cell number without his knowledge.....

I have had nothing but satisfactory ,square dealing with Marty , whether at Gun Shows or on the phone for over 20 years.

Paul Melton

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's always the possibility his buyer did not come through. I think I would assume that until proven otherwise.

PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just saying my bid was just under the winning bid. If it is a no reserve auction then why didn't the gun sell? I was only a $100 or so under the winning bid.
Now it shows back up again but on a different auction site.
Sorry something is not right.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Could have been sent back by the buyer, too. And if it was, that doesn't necessarily mean anything other than the buyer exercised his inspection and changed his mind.

Email the seller and ask. If you aren't comfortable with the answer, keep looking.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had guns "pulled back" more than twice lately. I will side with the buyer in every instance of this type of deception.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
Will be interesting to know what he says!!
Let us know what he says smile
Mike

Last edited by skeettx; 12/13/15 06:48 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I have had guns "pulled back" more than twice lately. I will side with the buyer in every instance of this type of deception.

Is this done by using a straw bidder? If not, how is it done and what does Gunbroker say about the practice?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Iv had this happen also.....on the last day of the no reserve auction shill bids the gun up to the minimum price the seller actually wants and either wins the auction or pushes the final bidders bid up to what the seller wants in the first place.....if the shill wins, look to have the gun relisted in a month or so or listed on a different site.....a lot of crooks out there posing as nice guys.....starts to turn ones stomach after a while....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

I look at the winning bidders feedback. If he's been a bidder for many years and has almost no(t) winning bids I smell something might be up. If he's got a large number of feed backs then I just move on. I see a few guns that are sold and then returned to be relisted or just never paid for and relisted.

I sold a loader on EBay a few months ago. GA was listed in the title, listed n the description and in the listing specifics, a total of five times. Want to venture a guess why the bidder wanted to return the loader. Wrong GA. he was looking for. My 12 was not the 28 he was looking for. Listing was a no return listing but I did agree to take it back if he shipped it back in the same condition. He bitched that I should pay shipping both ways to which I refused. He gave me a bad feedback. I contacted EBay and they actually stood up for the seller for once. Told the buyer it was accurately described and terms were clearly listed twice. Removed his negative feedback. Might have helped he had about five feed backs and I have several thousand. He is now a banned buyer.

There are a lot of bad sellers and buyers out there. The dumb ones you have to work with but the crooked ones you just want to avoid.

Last edited by KY Jon; 12/14/15 12:08 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.