April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hoot4570, drcook, obsessed-with-doubles), 924 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
A friend who can afford either, decided to continue to make his Corvette go faster rather than go for the new GT40. He made the decision based, he claims, on the fact that his Corvette is faster. In my opinion, that is a crazy way to make that decision. I agree with Jim, in a few years, the 40 will be a high six figure car when the Vette is a teenager's toy.

It may be a 6 figure car in the future, but I find them kinda ugly. I have only seen one on the road, and I was under impressed with its looks. Now if someone wanted to give me one, I certainly wouldn't turn it down, but for that money there are plenty of other cars out there.

Alex

Sidelock
Sidelock

ItalianSxS, saw one of your Ford GT's on the 101 being driven by a guy as his commuter. As he looked up at my 10 year old 4x4 covered in desert pin stripes next to him I could see the fear well up in his wallet as he contemplated the severe financial trauma the most minor contact would have caused. Wonder what they might call the psycosis induced by visions of flying gravel off construction vehicles. Bet he looks good on the photo radar though! It is apparent some Scottsdale drivers think the photo radar is a professional scout for NASCAR.

Last edited by Jerry V Lape; 06/14/07 02:03 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore:
Funny you should bring up Corvettes. That's what I'm currently driving at least occasionally. I only fill it about every two months since I've retired.
I owned and operated a video production company until I retired. Each year there in a 70 mile closed "race" held in Nevada. This is a timed race on a public road. A customer of mine modified the special ZF transmissions used by a client in his Corvette in this race. The Corvette could hit speeds up into the 220 range and I seen the video to prove it. If memory serves me correctly they were covering the 70 miles in under 20 minutes!
The GT 40 at least IMO has to be one of the most beautiful cars of all time. I seriously doubt if Ford will ever build them again. My favorite shotguns at least from a beauty perspective are the Dicksons from Scotland.
Jim
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
ML Offline OP
OP Offline

Please give me a Star for starting this post.

M.L.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ML
Please give me a Star for starting this post.

M.L.

What kinda knives you make?

ML Offline OP
OP Offline

I mainly make fixed blade knives, but do make a few folders mainly tit. liner locks with ivory handles. Made to the customers pattern or mine. Use ATS-34 most of the time. My knives are in use from here to Africa to down under. I like to make knives that will be used and not looked at.

Regards
M.L.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Best Side by Side of the world is Holland & Holland Royal Ejector gun and with traditional Renessance large scroll engraving.
Ideal design and handling, brilliant simplicity of all parts and especially of AB Ejector and marvelous safety.
Among all 3 best London makers of the best SxS, H&H Royal is the most reasonable.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jerry:
A picture of that GT 40 driver would have been priceless. For those unfamiliar with Arizona, Route 101 is a bypass that goes thru Scottsdale. The posted speed limit is 65mph and photo radar kicks in at 76mph. They clocked one driver doing in the 140s, several doing 100+ and some female mortgage rep. got over 70 photo radar tickets earlier this year. She claimed she thought they were just warnings so she thru them in the trash.
As a side note: I can tell you the reason why Danica Patrick hasn't won an IRL race is she isn't putting in enough lap time on 101 when she's at home here. There has to be more exotic cars on the road in Scottsdale then anywhere else in the world.
I was in Germany in early May and I can tell you I see more Porsches here in a day then I would see in Germany in a week.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
There has to be more exotic cars on the road in Scottsdale then anywhere else in the world.

H*ll know what is Scottdale, never heard of it, probably the hole in the ground, but all exotic cars today are in Moscow in downtown and at the Rublevskoe high road settlement, where the speed depends on size of your wallet only. You, Jim, are retrograde now.
Any way you can't take all these useless toys with you in grave.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know about exotic cars Geno; But the Russians have re-discovered WW II militaria with a vengance. They're buying up everything they can at the shows.
Jim

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.