April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ted Schefelbein, susjwp), 1,000 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Alex, I don't know how many 40s there are in New England, but we saw one on the road when we were in Stamford, CT for the gun show. There may have been a Ford show in the area because about the same time, we passed a big block Cobra just lopping along like the 40. We don't see much iron like that in D.C. other than the occasional F car checked out of the Marriot stable for a test run. Lots of shotguns nearby however.

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Been sit'n to the side on this one .. & enjoying the ramble & banter, all in perfectly good fun. Saw a new GT40 at the Home Depot last weekend & it had a small crowd, inclusive of many of the store's staff, near orgasim, standing around it. Thot to wait & see what the owner needed so badly that he parked it in a lot where an encounter with a grocery cart or steel platform dolly was not out of the question, but had erands of my own to tend to. It was mighty pretty what with its red calipers & all. Guess that's the up scale version of 'rims' these days, heh? .. red calipers.

Going back to the original question and not arguing nor taking away anyone elses honest commentary & opinions, several names come to mind, none well known ...

* Toschi [Italian]

* Vendrix [Belgian]

* Cordy [Belgian, in an O/U config, 20ga., even]

and, of course there is Tony Galazan [American] ... a maker whose S/L product is right in there with any of the 'others' mentioned by others and also quite easily yet another 'best' ... and in the scheme of things, rather insufficiently appreciated for the value provided in today's market.

Thankfully, there are patrons who can and do support the better craftsmen in a number of places, and we all benefit from their efforts and their products. 'Bests' have a way of standing on their own. Design is but one component, execution is another. Taste is another matter altogether, but we shan't visit that just now. I have seen 'names' that were, sadly, less than perfectly executed and and others that were most certianlny nothing but 'best' and I have seen some less than well known names that were as perfect as one might reasonably ever ask. Please see above.

I'll give ya that star, ML. Good of you to stir the pot w/your question.

Leaf springs, old saw blades and even files make pretty good fixed blade working knives too, but a lot depends on who was doing the work and how they got tempered or forged into their new form. Post a pic or two of your work or a link when you can, sounds most interesting. I might even get to where I 'need' one ;-), ya know? I got good friends that are Okies, and they are solid. 'Nuff said.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Alex, I don't know how many 40s there are in New England, but we saw one on the road when we were in Stamford, CT for the gun show. There may have been a Ford show in the area because about the same time, we passed a big block Cobra just lopping along like the 40.

Eightbore, there's a retro car hop type breakfast place in Stamford in the vicinity of the Marriot and every weekend cars show up from all over the area to cruise, hang, be seen.

Up the road in Danbury,CT there's one every Sunday morning for bikes. 3-4 times a year they hold a "Super Sunday" when 15-20,000 bikes show up. Gets noisy.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

My vote goes to the new Purdy 12 guage hammer gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

SoCal is the exotic car capitol of the world. It's just that they're spread across an area over 100 miles north to south and 100 miles west to east. Scottsdale has them all in a 10 block area.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's also the "birthplace" of .700NE a la Holland & Holland. The Big White Hunter had 50+ Double Rifles and he wanted something bigger then .600NE.
Not very handy in the field, but I heard that with 1000 grain 'Monolithic' it can do a first rate job on Ferrari engine block!

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are a couple of Ford GTs over by BC - or at least I've seen a couple different ones on the road over there. One was red, another look like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-FORD-H...1QQcmdZViewItem

I also saw an all black one about a month ago in downtown Boston.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

The one picture above is in the classic Gulf colors from the original GT 40s racing days in the 60s. For those that don't know the "40" denotes the cars height in inches. Incidentially the new ones aren't dimensionally exactly like the originals. They stretched the new ones a bit.
One of the employees at the SGC is a sniper team leader just back from Iraq. He told me that they would place a Barrett 50 cal in a strategic location where they had a roadblock set up. If a vehicle tried to make a run for it;one well placed shot thru the engine block was enought to stop them. However; The standard sniping rifle is still the Remington M24 in 308.
This thread is taking on a life of its own!!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If money was no object the Saleen s7 would be in my garage.
A Jesse James Chopper would sit next to it.
My 15 year old pointer would live forever.(and hunt like he was 5), I would have CSMC build me a fox 20 and matching 28, (hate to pay for a "brit" name)
And I would have The Boo Boys build me a bamboo rod..(can never have to many bamboo fly rods)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Alex, I don't know how many 40s there are in New England, but we saw one on the road when we were in Stamford, CT for the gun show. There may have been a Ford show in the area because about the same time, we passed a big block Cobra just lopping along like the 40. We don't see much iron like that in D.C. other than the occasional F car checked out of the Marriot stable for a test run. Lots of shotguns nearby however.

As I said I have only seen 1 on the road. I saw a Bently earlier today, a Ferrari yesterday (new couldn't tell what model), and 2 or 3 days ago I saw 3 CL's in one day on the road. Two of them were AMG's. There are lots of nice cars in this area. I see a Bently GT everyweek or so. I LOVE those!
One of my buddies lives in Greenwich, CT. With all the Hedgefunds there, there are a TON of nice cars.

Alex

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.