April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (LRF, Mike Harrell), 199 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,432
Posts544,706
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had to register several times over the years. Computers crashed, pass words stopped working or system changed. #357 was my number when I registered after the system change. Don't know what number I had before that. I viewed only for months before I posted. I missed the great 16 ga. Flaming war of the first year. If you were on back then you might remember what I am talking about. We had misfires before we had miss fires. Pete Hyatt might remember them. He was another very early poster. Perhaps back to about a 1,000 post or earlier.

And we have lost a lot of great posters but we have also gained many excellent posters. So perhaps we should recognize the new as we remember those no longer here. And some of those not here are still alive they have chosen not to post for a variety of reasons.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm member #130 on this "new" board. The first thread I saved my response to on the old board was #5303. Our first home computer had Windows 98, so I wasn't around in the real early days.

Sidelock
Sidelock

#18405 here so definitely a newby. What I find interesting is that there are only 12567 members.

Still a great forum.

Kirk

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe
I got on the "New" board in 2001..#46,was on the old one for a couple of years (?)..not sure of old #
Id just bought my first sxs, a Francotte from La Becasse that looked awesome but had some internal problems that it seemed Jack didn't know about,found the old board & due to some advice I sent it to a well known "smith in CT...he got me out of the gun after talking to Jack, as it was really a disaster internally.So you older guys saved me a nice bit of cash with your help...thanks.I remember Russ, owleye,Wilhelm,Old Fire starter (?)
& would remember a bunch more if I saw the names, but getting
memory fuzz.
Itruly enjoy this site, & have checked in at least once a day for at least the last 16 years...wow , how time flys, or is it flies,lol!

cheers
fanc

Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember Pete Hyatt, dealt in wood n hated Win 21's,lol

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Franc Otte
I remember Pete Hyatt, dealt in wood n hated Win 21's,lol

Haven't talked to Pete in a few years but to my knowledge he still runs a lumber yard for guns. Never discussed model 121's with him. He was known to throw bombs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Somehow I think I originally started in about 1997.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was on the board in 03/04 but had to re-register when I got back on in 14. Guess I was away to long. Happy to be back though. I currently have a Flues stocked with wood from Pete H and if memory serves me, my GR2 28ga Flues came from Jack at La Becasse.

Last edited by ithaca1; 01/05/16 01:11 PM.

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Russ (klunkmeister) hated ithacas, old fire was old lightin. We have had our share of haters back then but they hated things not each other. Well they did get on your case sometimes but nothing as personal as now.

I've bought a few stocks from Pete and always been very happy with them. Back in the dark ages, you could email him with what you wanted and he would make a vhs tape of it and send it to you. Best part was it came wrapped in brown paper and for all the world looked like your were getting an X rated movie in the mail. Now he can send pictures of things in an email the same day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Number 37 here. This number was the result of a long ago re-organization or something like that. I had been a member on this board for several years prior to that since I think around 1993 or 1994, somewhere near that. I have fond memories of Dr. Oscar Gaddy, Russ Ruppel (der klunkermeister??) and many others. This has been and continues to be THE board I visit seeking answers to my gun questions or for just general gun knowledge that is possessed by the members here. BTW, I "may" actually get to attend the Beinfield Show this month in Vegas. Perhaps I will see some of you there. I will be the white haired individual walking around with an empty wallet and eyes bulging out of my head looking at the treasures to be seen there!! I will also be dropping in at my friend Ron Peterson's table from time to time.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.