May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, HalfaDouble, Jusanothajoe, KDGJ, 2 invisible), 384 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,802
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

"And many German collectors prize them above anything British(like Kuchenreuter)."
I would think they would Robert - being German collectors and all.
The guns from the crypto-obscure makers are a hardnut to peg for stardom, as they just fade away.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell, you're pretty close to it. I probably put too much on the gun, in either a positive or negative way, and I'd consider the SW more a badge of my honour or loyalty, at least. And it is romanticism, preferring our guns to the better ones but, as I said on another thread, my 12 A&E is one of my go-to guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Credibility is what the vanity set goes for, the old boy who's in the field day after day - week after week doesn't place much on credibility. 'cept at the bank and farmer's supply.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tell you what King....your spot on!
My American guns, what they are, are the light of my life!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sign of my dedication that I can pronounce Luciano Bosis let alone recognize one a blind taste test. The best must be among the ones I have the glossy brochures for. How bout y'all. Tripping over beatupworkaday Bosises, are we?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure dem make a nice enuff gun dear ol' Rabbit!
Izzy French, or Italian?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Blindfolded you pick up a Rizzini and a Boss you probably couldn't tell the difference or comparing any of the top Belgium, France, Italy and German makers in that test. However, who said "One test beats a thousand expert opinions". Only the English gun has been tested time and time again, over the centuries in the most rugged of conditions against the most dangerous animals and in the most brutal climate any firearm can endure. No other firearm manufacturer can even hold a 'candle' to the history of the English gun.
All the best

If this is true how do you explain Beretta the oldest manufacturing firm in the world? I think it can be safely stated that they have stood the test of time. What constitutes "best" in a shotgun also applies to other categories such as auto,wines,spirits and women* and,of course,is highly subjective and based upon everyones individual whims and predjudices.
With the resources Beretta has at its disposal they could build shotguns unrivaled by anyone else in the world should they chose to do so and have deep enough pockets so they could afford to sell them as loss leaders.
Jim
*My personal preferences are Porsche,Fine Bordeaux Wines,Single Malt Scotches and I'll skip over woman since this is a public forum.

So you like the Italian guns but the German Cars? What about Ferrari- not counting the ugly Enzo and F50, they make/made some beautiful cars.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I love Italian guns (and gun salesmen). However, I am a bit bland on Italian cars. Everyone I have known who had a lot to do with Italian cars either kept them running or restored them for a living, a very good living. I can't remember anyone that I spent much time with who only spent money on them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I thought Italian, but so far from my experience, I'm not certain. I know I prefer Blue Cheese sometimes; Ranch others.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

A Redneck in clean clothes!! Imagine that. Come on, Jack, get back in gear.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.