March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (KDGJ, Karl Graebner), 343 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,008
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 73 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 72 73
Sidelock
Sidelock

In my next life, I want to return as Joe Wood...(AmarilloMike's shooting student)
They use Mike's vehicle, Mike's dogs, hunt on Mike's lease, and Mike never mentions Joe's shooting errors. What a deal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great picture of flushing quail.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GaryW
In my next life, I want to return as Joe Wood...(AmarilloMike's shooting student)

Me too!

Nice mess of birds Gary. What's the gun?

I took Joe Wood hunting yesterday. We went to my lease in my truck and ran my dogs and shot my birds. I bought breakfast and lunch. But Ted, my other guest, bought supper so I came out better than my usual hunt with Joe.

Thank you Treb. I am thrilled with that little gun.

Thanks Gil. I've got a fourteen month old pup named Jazzy. The old dogs and all the wild birds have trained her. She ground tracks, points, backs, and hunts dead and all I had to do was take her hunting with the old dogs.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That was really nice...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Originally Posted By: GaryW

Me too!

Nice mess of birds Gary. What's the gun?

That looks like Gary's Hinton & Sons, 16 gauge.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a 16 gauge by Hinton & Sons with 28" cyl & mod barrels; 6lbs......one that Joe Wood got tired of and pawned off on me.
Some of my collector friends who own only London best would hold it at arm's length, sniff, and declare it a "cheap, non-ejector boxlock"; but, if they ever shot birds with it, I'd have to cut their fingers loose. It's always the one I reach for when I go quail hunting, and it is a hoot for doves over decoys.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gary, methinks the little Hinton found a good home. That pleases me. Though it doesn't have the coveted London pedigree it just reeks with careful and prideful construction.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

I've got a fourteen month old pup named Jazzy. The old dogs and all the wild birds have trained her. She ground tracks, points, backs, and hunts dead and all I had to do was take her hunting with the old dogs.

Mike, I went through a similar successful experience with my young dog Willa hunting alongside my 5 year-old Abby. While it's said one can't teach an old dog new tricks, it's my experience that an old dog sure can teach a new dog tricks.
GaryW, those old Birmy, pre-war 16 gauge BLNE's are one of the best "bangs" for the bucks in sub-gauge doubles. You have preached to the choir. Nice looking gun. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

By the way AmarilloMike.....
If you invite me next time, I'll buy lunch & dinner and bring treats for your fine dogs.
(I'll even take pics and edit out Joe's misses...or, you can leave Joe at home and I won't have to edit.)
Gary

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gary, Joe doesn't know this but Mrs. Joe pays me $400 plus expenses for every day I keep him out of the house. If Mrs. Gary will match that deal I will take you hunting too. I have shot your Hinton and liked it very much.

I am glad to be here.
Page 56 of 73 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.