April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jtplumb, Fudd, Ted Schefelbein, skeettx, 2 invisible), 478 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,472
Posts545,156
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JonR Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Has anyone else read about this?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm happy to report I read that on my Apple Computer. No more microsoft anything for me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: CParker
I'm happy to report I read that on my Apple Computer. No more microsoft anything for me.

Me too. Sucks to see an enemy this powerful. Some angry emails need to be sent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you think the new age techie gurus at Apple arent into social engineering and the anti everything craze, think again. I am sure if you were to see where their philanthropy lays, its in the save the whales,trees, spotted owls, snail darters, etc.
Just my opinion.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

You may be right about Apple - you may not. That referenced report is just one more documented resaon for me to hate Microsoft... you should too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Folks don't seem to understand that Hunters were the first Conservationists.
Microsoft will not get any more of my money

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been banning Microsoft anything on my computers for ten years. Microsoft is mean spirited group that made my life miserable when I used their software. I started with version 1.00 of their old system and gave up when I had to constantly upgrade at large expense on a regular baisis without getting an improved product! Just a changed product that excluded those with the previous version from access. David

Sidelock
Sidelock

We all hunt so we understand the love most hunters have for the outdoors and the creatures we hunt. On the other hand the vast majority of Americans don't hunt and are horrified by the prospect. I have had friends come over while I had outdoor channel on tv and when a deer or something goes down they are disgusted and repelled. I ask them what they think about the steer they just ate going down under a sledgehammer and get a blank look.
One thing that's not been helpful to our cause is the over hunting done back in the day when game was much more plentiful:

http://www.parkergun.org/forums/forum1/3789.html

Here are some very nice guys in my club talking about how in the old days they would get 62 rabbits in a day. The next few comments are like, yeah, where did all the rabbits go? This is how we are perceived by outsiders. Go figure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm involved actively at an international level with environmental protection, representing our rural interests, of course, and initiatives by Microsoft, Time-Warner, Home-Depot etc are a direct result of the successful invasion by American consumers of corporate boardrooms. It's not all a bad thing.

In eastern Nova Scotia, we've literally taken over provincial forest policy development, operating woodlots to the world's most rigorous and greenest sustainability standards, developed bottom-up without bureaucratic interference; that is, landowners are driving it instead of having things done to us.

We've discussed here a wide range of approaches to ameliorate conditions in the shooting sports. Our development model has become a case study of the Forest Stewardship Council, greenest of certification standards. Simply, it's organizing people resources in a different way to increase social and economic values.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.