March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, LRF, 1 invisible), 328 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 97 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 96 97
Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dustin, Good Gracious God!! (and forgive the interjection). "House style" has been covered extensively!! Do you read? They had none! They were businessmen who made what would sell:

1862:

They were "Dick's Sporting Goods" of their times. Just look at the variety of the extant guns on the list!!! You guys need to learn to read!

Last edited by Argo44; 12/06/19 12:11 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good Gracious God. Relax drama king.

Youre right...they were businessmen, not gun makers. Just like Dicks Sporting Goods. They dont make the stuff they sell either.

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Waiting for your evidence of who made the Reilly muzzle-loaders. That would be a big historical help.

And also of your analysis of the Reilly pin-fire center break gun SN 10655 (Spring 1858).

You see Dustin...like a lot of old-fashioned historians..I'm not ideological. I want to see the evidence. I've changed the Reilly "History" multiple times over the last four years and will change it again. Appreciate the help.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/06/19 12:52 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Waiting for your evidence to the contrary. Burden of proof in this entire thread is on your narrow shoulders, Gene. Also waiting for your evidence about Reilly actually, definitively making a modern rifle, breech loader, sword, pocket knife, cane, clothes, hat, anything.

Ya, I can read...I can also write, comprehend and a myriad of other fun things. Quit being a condescending prick.

Just provide ACTUAL proof...and well go from there.

Not sure why you dont start your own website on this subject, kind of like Mr. Barclays page on J. Blanch. Informative and if one wants to find it, its there for the looking. Not like this never ending saga of Reilly that one has to see whether they like it or not every day when they come to this page. Nothing ever new, or mind blowing....just you, Gene, posting article after highlighted article of one liners and conjecture. Nothing definitive or empirical. Thats it. Seriously, consider the route of Mr. Barclays Blanch page (which I love btw) Its really surprising to me that more members here havent spoken out on you telling them or better yet dictating to them what your theories and conclusions are and if they seemingly have doubts about anything that you post...that theyre basically uneducated & illiterate.

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Pretty sour stuff Dustin. I sort of started off the research with this site about 4 years ago as a neophyte in the genre. It's a repository of historical research - none of it is set in stone. But until Dave says it's not appropriate, I'll choose to continue to post it here. Thanks. You don't have to read it.

and Dustin...in all seriousness....you said previously that you had absolute proof that Reilly built muzzle loaders.... That for a historian is gold!! Look ... this is not an insult -fest - it's history. I'm open to anything.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/06/19 01:24 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Look up Tobys Blanch website. Be more like Toby.

http://www.jblanchdatabase.co.uk/page1.htm

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Look you guys...Those actions for sale on Gavin's auctions are more than hunks of metal. I got up from bed thinking about them. You see...someone made them and intended them to be sent to somebody in London. Someone collected them as they were made (or not finished) and catalogued them and saved them. You just don't get get chunks of UK gunsmithing industrial history presented to you in one whack like this everyday. I'm a former intelligence officer and the questions obviously come up:

-- who made them
-- why?
-- for whom?
-- when? (it looks to me from 1870's to 1890's)
-- who collected them?
-- The steel is analyzed.....is there a historical reference to the quality?
-- Are there records?
-- What is the history - verbal? written?

I have written to Gavin asking to be put in contact with the seller....don't play laymen games with "I'm smarter than you" or "I'll validate myself by invalidating you" and get down to the nitty gritty. Find out who consigned those actions and the story behind them.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/06/19 03:00 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Good Gracious God. Relax drama king.

Youre right...they were businessmen, not gun makers. Just like Dicks Sporting Goods. They dont make the stuff they sell either.

A pretty good summary.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Delta Tango here,have contact with 'friendly' in UK, might have some info comeing in about EMR. have mislaid last message from contact.....(Age is taking its toll on brain!!....over-out.

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Roger that David. Thanks for the help. I believe that this line still has the best and most complete information on Reilly found anywhere and I'll continue to work to improve it. Gene Williams

Last edited by Argo44; 12/06/19 09:16 PM.

Page 40 of 97 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 96 97

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.