April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, gasgunner, David Williamson, KDGJ), 409 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,148
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug was a great asset to this board. As another member said, if there is an afterlife I hope that he and Tony Treadwell are able to get together!

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

A terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had noticed his absence here for a while now; sad news. RIP Doug.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I never knew or dealt with him, but always enjoyed his posts. Rockdoc, that was a great thought about him and Tony Treadwell. Rest in peace Doug.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

RIP. What a loss. His work and knowledge will be sadly missed. His standards were so high I was always comparing my work to his as a true high standard.

Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think many here will remember a time-that happens a lot on this forum when there was a lot of bickering and fighting back and forth and Doug started this thread-which I still think was one of the better ones ever posted on here.
"Member Pics who is who on this forum"
His picture is in the first post,many of us joined in.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=254657&page=1

Hillary For Prison 2018
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

For those new to the forum or have temporarily forgotten about Tony Treadwell, Tony died of cancer after fighting a courageous battle a handful of years ago. Tony was an amateur restorer of old long guns and lived in the UK. He was a prolific poster of his projects. He was amateur in status only as his work was top notch as was Doug's. Doug and Tony struck up a long distance friendship, and after Tony died, Doug stepped up and helped Tony's family in many ways that we will never know. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad to hear. Rip

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave K
I think many here will remember a time-that happens a lot on this forum when there was a lot of bickering and fighting back and forth and Doug started this thread-which I still think was one of the better ones ever posted on here.
"Member Pics who is who on this forum"
His picture is in the first post,many of us joined in.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=254657&page=1

Yes Dave and who can forget this one. Doug and I laughed our a$$es off when we did this.----> http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=324963&page=1

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Like J.R.B., it has been hard to get my mind on much else since hearing of my friend Doug's passing. Doug would not like us making a big fuss over him. He did not care much for attention, much less pity. But he was such a special person that those of us who knew him cannot help but sing his praises as we deal with this huge loss. He and I became friends years ago and, as we talked in the years after, we found that we had so much in common that the friendship just grew stronger. I was fearful of the bad news after the last time I talked with him, he sounded so weak.

I will miss him for a long, long time. His standards of work are what I shoot for when working on my guns, and I will be forever grateful for knowing him.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.