May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (dogon, 3 invisible), 597 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,542
Posts546,068
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

rob, agreed, lots of hostility here, but only from a relative small number of chronic malcontents...not necessary to name them, as their reputation for frequent and often repetitive hostile posts here precede them...we can expect a few more malcontents to punch in shortly...its almost like they have a little club...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can't a mod simply remove off topic posts ? Guns and shooting are hobbys to me that get me away from the drudgery of life, its a pity to come here and have to witness more politics etc.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

bonny, course a mod can simply remove off topic posts...but alas, it is what it is...

meanwhile, see new thread re sxs's for sporting clays...do you shoot sporting clays in ireland? hope so, as it would be a wonderful reason to visit your bonny isle.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: ed good
weird, malcontents seem to delight in trashing this thread...

Weird anti-gun Trolls seem to delight in trashing the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, and the Gun Rights of law abiding U.S. citizens.

next question:

does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

i believe it does not...what say you?

some view the current version of a well regulated militia as your local unarmed volunteer fire department...augmented by your local armed town police force.

what used to be militia is now your state's national guard, which is under the command of your state's governor... and your state guard is subject to call up and command of the president of the united states...

guess no body here has the balls to answer my question:

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

This little exchange is for King's little bro, Larry Brown. It took place right here in the main Double Gun forum. No shortage of "Do as I say... not as I do" in this place:

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
ah yes...the old " he aint here no mo, he dead", dodge...

Pretty sure, in this case, the individual in question really was dead. We all die, Ed . . . although there's a special corner of hell reserved for shady gun dealers.

I do hope there's a special place in hell for hypocrites too.

Well gosh, Keith . . . I thought from the above that you DID bring the second amendment--who supports it and who doesn't--into the discussion. It was quite a ways back, so maybe you just forgot in the interim.

And that quote you attribute to me . . . could you maybe provide a link? I don't remember saying anything contained in it. I do appreciate being quoted accurately.

As for foisting my opinion on you, Keith . . . once more, you've confused yourself into thinking that absolutely EVERYTHING is about you. Nope, it's not. My comment was a GENERAL one, aimed at anyone who talks about support (or lack thereof) for the 2nd Amendment. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. I do notice that you haven't come up with any other form of commitment that equals signing that blank check to Uncle Sam, which veterans do, so you obviously agree with me on that part.

Concerning Ed, I only care where he stands on the 2nd Amendment if and when there's a discussion of the 2nd Amendment. Hey, maybe somebody doesn't hold exactly the same views you do. So what? That's not what's being discussed here. Or what WAS being discussed here. It's rude to insert yourself into a discussion and change the subject because you don't like something about the individual who started the discussion. Stick to the @#$%^ topic! If you want to start a discussion on the 2A, fire away. I'm thinking you don't have the stones to do that because you're afraid Dave will slap your hand . . . so what you do is try to turn any discussion started by Ed (or maybe someone else with whom you don't agree) into a diatribe about how wrong they are on the 2A. Grow up. Learn some manners. And you'd be a happier person if you didn't spend so much time dredging up stuff from discussions that occurred in the past. Let it go.

Last edited by L. Brown; 04/16/16 08:06 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My Larry, you are really serious about showing everyone that you have reading comprehension problems. Why don't you re-read what I really said about the 2nd Amendment and Ed's frequent trashing of it. I did say that maybe you and justin agree with Ed. But that has nothing to do with what I said about your... wait for it... here are my exact words again Larry... "silly notion that I was discussing or debating anyone's way of standing up for the 2nd Amendment or any other Constitutional Right?"

Maybe you ought to use your G.I. Bill Benefits and take some remedial reading classes. Since you can't comprehend things, I'll spell it out for you again. I was responding to your goofy diatribe about military service being the one "TRUE commitment to the Second Amendment. And the rest of the Constitution." I agree that military service is honorable. And I DISAGREE with your assertion that military service alone is some superior proof of support for the Constitution. Or maybe you think that the Ft. Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Hassan is a stronger supporter of the Constitution than any non-military U.S. citizen? How about this member of the Military Larry?... this is your Commander-in-Chief:

I want to attribute that to my friend Doug (PA24), who also thought you were a Class A jerk Larry, and who quit posting on this BBS because he got fed up with guys like you, King, and Ed.

Of all the veterans and current members of the military who frequent this site, you are the only one who is arrogant enough to act as if your service gives you more rights to speak about the 2nd Amendment than anyone else. You did in fact say, "As long as I wear the uniform, you can send me wherever you want, whenever you want." That, IMO, is the TRUE commitment to the Second Amendment. And the rest of the Constitution." Even one of the military members here thought that was over the top:

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
"If you never served in the military...rest of the Constitution."

C'mon, Larry. You don't really believe that, do you?

"...I hope."

What's that old saying...poop in one hand...? By your own definition your post was rude. Not that I care or think it was.

What quote are you concerned that I mis-attributed to you other than where I said the word VALID and you said TRUE? I already addressed that grave error, and since then, I have either used the QUOTE function or directly copied and pasted any words I attributed to you. You're not suggesting that I dishonestly altered something you said, are you? You may want to use the advanced search function before you put your foot in your mouth again. I've also learned that you have to nit-pick every word and syllable to avoid admitting when you are wrong. You still haven't told us who questioned your "support for the ENTIRE Constitution"? Nobody even mentioned military service here until you brought it up with your crazy statement about the "500 pound gorilla in the room (that) never gets mentioned." If you're not an NRA member, you can just come out and say so.

I'm glad to hear you "only care where he (Ed)stands on the 2nd Amendment if and when there's a discussion of the 2nd Amendment." I already told you I care about it every time he makes one of his Trolling posts. I intentionally stayed out of Ed's thread "AFTER MARKET TUBING OF SXS GUNS" just to see if you would have a problem with Doc Drew taking an off-topic jab at Ed and his alleged partner in gun desecration, Old Ed Lander. I totally admit being rude to Ed. Few people have shit on this forum more than him. Did you happen to see where he once again made his claim about me being an anti-gun mole? Do you think lying about people is rude Larry? Nevermind, you still haven't apologized for lying about me several weeks ago. I'm hardly afraid of Dave slapping my hands, but I am very surprised that you haven't gone crying to him once again to lock this thread.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed's post "fortunately, i have the services of an old time nh gunsmith, ed lander, who has the tooling and skill to fix these kinds of problems..."

Not sure reality orientation counts as OT, but when ol' ed stops the transparently self-serving pseudo-discussions there will be no need to reorient him using visual clues, of which I have several wink
(I liked the way Bro. Ted 'splained it better smile )

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Few people have shit on this forum more than him.

Hard to tell the pot from the kettle.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Doc Drew, that sleeving picture was much appreciated for a little chuckle when it showed exactly what some tools and some skills could do. I had taken a quick look on your site, because I recalled the picture, and I was glad in a way that I couldn't find it. Anyway, later, it appeared almost like magic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If Ed the Torch was a used car salesman, he'd touch up a classic 57 T-Bird with a can of Dollar General Store spray paint and try to pass it off as original. His posts get "trashed" as he calls it, cuz no one wants to listen to his drivel which is usually geared towards some turd firearm he's trying to pass off on a naive, unsuspecting buyer. Caveat emptor.....Ed is famous for posting a link to his 90+ % positive gunbroker rating which includes 16 negative comments. Most of his positive comments are from people he's bought guns from, but the 16 negatives are from people he's stuck with torched, botched lemons that he refuses to make good on. He is not a collector, never posts pics of good guns that are his, nor hunting pics with personal firearms displayed. In short, he brings nothing to the table on this informative, entertaining and authoritative website that is of interest or knowledge to anyone. Everyone hopes he will eventually leave, but as this is the only gun forum of any kind that hasn't yet kicked him off, it is doubtful he will do so. Sometimes ya just gotta walk around a turd instead of stepping in it.
Now, to add a little something to Ed's original topic; I've been to many SxS only sporting clays shoots and have yet to see a Browning BSS....because they were mostly made with 26 & 28" barrels and sporting shooters prefer 30" and longer barrels and prefer older guns; something Ed would know if he had any experience in these types of clay target shoots

Sidelock
Sidelock

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.