April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (canvasback, Fudd), 488 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

chux, your "ifs" seem to be into the uppity brand names hmmmm.
Stand and be counted ol' bean! - how about a generic - mass produced, but pristine St. Louis Hardware Store gun?
Thats about as Anti-Anglo as it gets.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The best boo maker is Ron Kusse. He used to be the #1 man at Leonards

Sidelock
Sidelock

The 'Anglaise a Bouquets' SLE a la Georges Granger is about as anti-Anglo as it gets being made across La Manche und all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete, hard to beat a Clark south creek limited....
Lowell..you must have missed the "if money was no object part" the part about my pointer living forever would be my first wish..even over the car..and unlike "inexpensive" guns shooting as well or better then guns costing 4 or 5 times more, i have yet to feel a cheap bamboo rod cast like a well made one.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

These are pipedreams chux, and altho' you'd "hate to pay for a Brit name", you've rattled off a few pricey brand names yourself - can't have it both ways ol'chap!
Pipedreams in, most likely not a man here waiting to take delivery on his new Boss 20b o/u.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In the Allegheny mountains the American gunsmiths were building muzzleloaders through the 1800's and even into the 1900's. At that early age the muzzleloaders were way more powerful than the breechloader and out in the west were exactly are you going to find shells for your rifle or shotgun. On the Little Bighorn expedition a relative of Custer held out a new Colt peacemaker for a Times reported to inspect. His first question; where do find ammunition for this thing out here? The answer was he had a cap and ball revolver with loose ammunition in his saddle bag. Some Bedford county gunsmiths were building flintlocks into the 1880 and 90's.
If someone thinks that when the breechloaders appeared everyone trashed their muzzleloaders to buy them better think again!! It took along time for people to be convinced especially in the remote areas.
All the best

Sidelock
Sidelock

The first ammo only fired 50% of the time.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Yup, quite a few muzzleloading hammer Purdey's, Boss guns, and other English bests at The Little Bighorn. I've no doubt "Liver Eatin" Johnson owned a pair of best's that he used to strike fear into the indians he encountered. The early, unsettled American west was, of course, where those English best's were marketed, and where they sold the most of them. Thousands, no doubt. The wagon trains were full of stinking rich American settlers on the way out west to open new bank branches, and needed best bird guns to help slay the buffalo. Any day, we can expect to see pictures of the hammer, muzzleloading Parker Invincable they built so many copies of.
Good Lord, 1958, pay attention. The English CLUNG to muzzleloaders until economics forced them to build breechloaders, and forced them later to move the hammers inside. The best builders were especially myopic to this technological change. This is a historical fact. What poor people did in the countryside of the United States with Kentucky rifles has nothing to do with the discussion.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell,
NO pipedreams, You can get a wonderful bamboo fly rod for 2k..i have several..cant get a brit best for that.. for the Bike, I build them myself.. cant now or will ever to be able to afford a 250k car..But I am very happy with my Mustangs...Life is best lived to the fullest and out of debt..

Sidelock
Sidelock

What's the best sxs in the world? That's easy. Mine.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.