April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, 1 invisible), 365 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,788
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A discussion on the Parker Collectors site claims that phone calls and e-mails to the folks who make Bismuth shot indicate they have ceased production as of April 30th. Can anybody confirm or add info? If this turns out to be true I would expect prices on existing stock to soar.

Bismuth web page

Wait till they open and ask them if they are out of business yet and is this the janitor your talking to?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OH well, looks like you rich boys will have to kick in a little more for the heavy shot. I see it as low as 3.50 per shot. Heck just wait for them to land by your string of decks and get'em with your .22.

I could go on and on for pages about this lead shot BS lie that has set in the minds of the gullible public.

Lord, I hate a lying government!

This is what comes of Administrative law that has been forced down our throats for over 100 years in America.

Thank you, all of you lowest form of scum pond life, Lawyers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"lowest form of scum pond life, Lawyers."

Once again, what possible good to come from dropping casual but vicious insults directed toward other readers of this Forum? Who are likely here just to enjoy, learn, and possibly contribute? A Forum this is SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT GUNS?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob Peterson, founder of Peterson Publishing, part owner of Bismuth Cartridge and the bismuth shot patents, died this spring. With bismuth prices through the roof I suspect sales were down and the accountants that are overseeing his estate didn't like the ROI that they were getting.

This is an opportunity for all you backyard shot makers to set up for bismuth shot production. There is data from Australia that outlines how and all you have to do is buy a 20K lb. container of bismuth powder to get a fair discount. Anyone want to accept the liability for the commercial loading of shells?

W. E. Boyd

Originally Posted By: revdocdrew
"lowest form of scum pond life, Lawyers."

Once again, what possible good to come from dropping casual but vicious insults directed toward other readers of this Forum? Who are likely here just to enjoy, learn, and possibly contribute? A Forum this is SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT GUNS?

OK then learn this about this sport we love. The treason that has been put upon America's people comes at the hands of the self appointed ruling class called lawyers.

Did you vote to ban lead shot? Did anybody vote to ban lead shot?

Where is the hue and cry of foul from the good Lawyers about this Administrative law crap? Don't hear any, why? The reason is clear, the plague set upon this once free people comes from the lawyer class that plagues us to line their pockets. It is that simple.

Contributions from the lawyer class, I await the moment!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Could we kindly stay on topic. I might be a new guy but I know what thread jacking is. I want to know more about the situation with Bismuth shot not debate the pros and cons of lawyers. Lead shot is banned from waterfowling right or wrong, get over it. Bismuth shot availability is important to classic double gun owners.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, lead shot is banned from waterfowl shooting. I will live with it, but I will not get over it, just like I live with the fact a lot of other freedoms have been taken away from me in the past 60 years; but I will NEVER get over losing them. If they take all your guns away, you WILL live with it, but if you can get over it, you may as well give up now and avoid the hassle later.

LCSMITH
Sidelock
Sidelock

Al, we don't vote on every single law - but I would agree with any law to ban lead shot in waterfowl hunting. And you know that I shoot only old guns that cannot handle steel.

The lead shot problem was real and there is a lot of good data to support it. I've posted more than once on the data that supports it.

If Bi shot is gone, that's a serious blow to me.

We have lost a lot of freedoms, lead-shot waterfowling, the use of DDT, and a few more come to mind as things we are better off without.

Al, no sign of the postman yet

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.