April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Stanton Hillis, Skeeterbd, earlyriser, Jeremy Pearce, 2 invisible), 867 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,832
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

If you want to play stupid, I guess anyone can make an argument out of imagination and make believe. What a crock of BS. Al you know better than that.

If you read up on lead poisoning, lead in waterfowl, and just a few other details it wouldn't be hard to educate yourself a few times over.

Brent
[/quote]

Ok Brent, I can see that this has digressed to the point of the name calling. Thank you for your insight. Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kent still makes their Tungsten Matrix, which is safe to use in older guns. However, that stuff has some serious velocity and chamber pressures may be brutal. I haven't found tungsten matrix as a reloading component but I have found Bismuth. Last time I bought Bismuth to reload with was at Cabelas the price was $72 for 7 lbs of it.
I'll tell you guys I've had enough. I went out and purchased a single barrel 10 gauge from New England Arms and just use that for waterfowl. If I was a better shot I would have purchased Ruger's sweet little 28 gauge but whatever
All the best

Sidelock
Sidelock

Al,

If you are going to continue to blurt out claims like that, what do you expect? You DO know better. Do you expect everyone that has even the slightest knowledge of the issues to just roll over and concede the field whenever you disagree?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Boxlock
Boxlock

I have a Littelton shot maker and we have made up to #6 shot. The process is very touchy. The lead works great, it seems to flow much better. We currently buy Bismuth with 5% tin in 100 lb lots, for about $8.00/lb. Last time I purchased this amount was 2 years ago.

When re-loading we try to only use the bismuth on the .410, 28ga, and 20 ga. More shells for the $$$$$.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do know that they started trying to ban lead shot in the early 1900's...I guess they should've read the reports AL read.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Our Aussie posters and one down in Texas gave us a fair amount of information about making Bismuth shot last year or the year before. I tried to make some in #5 shot size as this was my personal favorite in lead for many years. I had very mixed results, but did get some decent shot out of the attempt. Maybe 20% was what I wanted and the rest needed more work, if you know what I mean. With more experience it should be possible to produce enough decent shot to supply all one persons needs fairly easily. After all what are we trying to make 25-50 pound a year?

I started out with a Littleton shotmaker that I bought used.
I had trouble getting the right temperature, the nozzle hole needed to be altered, my first attempt to use anti freeze was not a good one. Others use diesel or even soap I understand. I tried several different combos of Bismuth and Tin. Pure Bismuth was fairly brittle. Tin made it more workable. It is all trial and error type stuff. Not rocket science or brain surgery. If several groups tried to make it and shared information then it would be a cake walk.

My "failures" were often a teardrop shape or just several different sizes of pellets. Just to see how they would pattern I loaded a few shells with the teardrop shot and patterned them. They patterned well and I suspect that the duck would never have know they were rejected pellets. I was afraid to load them in a progressive loader because they could bridge in the tube and not load properly.

I have only one real problem with the Bismuth patent. How or why on Earth did they get a patent for a process that is not that unique or even original? I suspect it was just a case of a patent office worker with no concept of the application that was before them and they just granted it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Treblig, are you sure Kent matrix is high velocity and high-pressure? I'm using 2 1/2 12 ga one ounce at 6500 and 1 1/16 at 7500.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BIG AL

Ok Brent, I can see that this has digressed to the point of the name calling. Thank you for your insight. Al

I believe it started digressing to the point of name calling with "Thank you, all of you lowest form of scum pond life, Lawyers."

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Someones got to keep the pond clean for the rest of the bottom feeders.

Originally Posted By: Brent
Al,

If you are going to continue to blurt out claims like that, what do you expect? You DO know better. Do you expect everyone that has even the slightest knowledge of the issues to just roll over and concede the field whenever you disagree?

I expect nothing of the sort, your assumptions are, that I have read none of the available literature on the subject. Does this mean I would have been overwhelmed by the science? Or perhaps stood in awe of the authors credentials?

It is not possible to have read any of this material and found holes in the science?

I do indeed find it suspect anytime pressure is put on individual liberty to conform to peer pressure. Why is coercion held in high regard when used to pressure people to conform.

You totally misunderstand my position in regards to you, whether you believe me or not. For that matter weather anyone believes me. I do not care. Believe what ever you wish, this is one of the few freedoms fascism still plays lip service to (but rejects).

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.