May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (canvasback, R Reynolds, Marks_21, Ian Forrester, WBLDon, SKB), 1,063 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,529
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

What a sick joke to hear King Brown now making the claim that he was a two county spokesman to remove the Canadian federal gun registry. Considering his long history here of anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric, you can well imagine that he was absolutely no help in the cause of gun rights in Canada. I'll throw the bullshit flag on that one.

Equally disgusting is King's typical Liberal Left commentary on Constitutional Rights for detainees in Guantanimo. He also engaged in hand wringing anguish over the non-fatal waterboarding of exactly three violent terrorists by the Bush administration. Yet you will never hear any complaint from King about the lethal violation of civil rights and due process by his anti-gun hero Obama. Here's a link to an article about eight American citizens killed by drone strikes:

http://www.allgov.com/news/us-and-the-wo...427?news=856342

Many more Islamic terror combatants have been killed in the Obama drone strikes which have also killed numerous civilians including women and children. No useful intelligence was garnered from the dead, unlike the intel from waterboarding Khalid Sheik Mohammed which led directly to Osama bin Laden.

In King's feeble mind, this is just fine, because Obama is his anti-gun idol. King also still thinks that the mere act of owning and shooting guns occasionally makes him pro-gun rights... even though his own words here are a long drumbeat of anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-NRA sentiment. His support and defense of Liberal Left Anti-Gun politicians is as reliable as the sun rising in the east.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King,
Since you were referring to my post, I suggest you read it- I said, "not on US soil".
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Look for King to continue to attempt to divert this thread as far as possible off of the topic of new gun laws in the U.S. That's what he does. It just isn't flattering to the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats he supports.

Speaking of which, the Democrat minority in the House of Representatives has been staging sit-ins and protests as they demand votes for more gun control. They are continuing to spread the lie that 90% of the American public wants more gun laws.

If you haven't done so, now is a good time to call, write, and e-mail your Congressman and Senators to tell them we don't wish to restrict the Constitutional Rights of law abiding citizens because of the acts of a few Islamic terrorists and mentally ill people. This would also be a good time to join or renew that NRA membership to send Congress a clear message.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Mike. I read it. I also remembered the Supreme Court's ruling.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King,
Gitmo is leased property, Mosel is not. The SCOTUS decision has meaning, of course, but it's unclear what the effect is, if the detainees don't come to US court, where they would be released because the soldiers that captured them didn't read them their rights(in Arabic, I guess),or "dust" their AK47( real one) for prints.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is unclear what the effect is. The president hasn't been able to close it. There's an interesting Canadian sidebar to constitutional protection. With Canada's secret connivance, a Canadian engineer returning to Canada was picked up by US authorities in New York and sent to Egypt to be imprisoned and tortured. Canada paid something like $6 or 10 million to the engineer. My opinion is those suspected or engaging in terrorist activity should go through civil courts and if found guilty do their time as other criminals. Five-10 years in jail without charge even under military commissions seems wrong to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suspect they were treated as people who made mistakes, consciously or otherwise.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Craig, some may think the move towards early release of non-violent criminals is solely political, but both right and left are concerned with the skyrocketing costs of incarceration and the burden on state budgets....

This is why I mentioned the California example. Apparently, they have a parole board, a state supreme court ruling having something to do with cruel and unusual, and a current gov who claims he doesn't know why he's approved more paroles than the previous three state administrations combined. No direct reference to cost savings, but possibly so.

Supposedly, the state gov has approved the release of some vague number between 1500 and 2300 murderers. Recidivism is reported to be surprisingly low from stats released through '10. The current gov took office in '11, and has been hailed by progressives, politically left leaning, for his u-turn on incarceration from previous policy.

The previously low recidivism rate for the handful of violent lifers that were released may have had some to do with their relatively advanced age. A good piece of the u-turn involve the release of young adult violent offenders. California law enforcement has acknowledged a corresponding recent increase in crime, but there's no release of the actual stats so far.

Only thoughts Gil, and possibly related to the topic and the will to enforce. You may be right though, the Guantanamo release recidivism rate is probably higher. Another cost savings move?

Sidelock
Sidelock

We no longer have elected official with back bones. They rule by consensus, working groups, group think, polls and the never ending need to be reelected. So few hard decisions get made, few hard things changed. It is far easier to give things away to be popular than get people to work and produce more. It is easier to take rights away from others than explain to many why they have those rights in the first place. I worry about all our kids and grand kids futures. The "Europonification" of America is not a thing that I am glad to see happening.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, the older life sentenced felons with health issues are creating more economic issues. Not all murderers or murders are the same. Killing a spouse in the heat of passion (not that passion) is different than a serial killer killing for thrills. When Geo and I started practicing in Georgia, murderers were eligilbe for parole after 7 years on a life sentence. It went to 14 and is now 30 years. When I first starting practice, I did an appeal for a man who was convicted of murdering his wife. He got out on parole before the appeal was heard and denied. He never gave anyone trouble after that. Some people need to be locked up forever; some don't. Gil

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.