March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, Argo44, SKB, Little Creek, 2 invisible), 790 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi King:

I don't call you anti-gun.

I say you advocate, on this BBS, more gun control in the USA.

Originally Posted By: King Brown

What would pass for absurd in Canada is the notion that a vote for liberals means an anti-gun sentiment, as if a reverence or need for guns comes first in a country's priorities. Or anti-gun to mention US acceptance of mass murder, mass school executions, 438 children being hit by a bullet every month between 2004 and 2014, 13 children between one and three killed themselves with guns so far this year as the violence that defines the US trickles down to babies in diapers.

And again, it is like you are saying "Shame on you for not having more gun control. But I am not advocating more gun control in the USA. So I don't have to defend Obama's assault on semi-auto rifles or the Democrats' drive for universal background checks. But shame on y'all again."

EDIT:
And Obama and his gal Hillary and their Democratic party are campaigning for a ban on semi-auto rifles with removable magazines - for all they are worth.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06/26/16 10:57 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, King

Like, London, London, or Ontario, London? Because everyone goes on and on about London, London--London is great, London is fantastic. Well it's not. It's rubbish . Really, really rubbish. Or as the Cockneys would say, apples and rubbish.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, if it gives you pleasure to think that way, it's alright with me.

Reminds me of the film librarian at the Manned Spacecraft Centre south of Houston, a young man with prematurely balding hair and one leg shorter than the other carrying a big revolver underneath his suit jacket.

What have you got that for, I said, thinking of the Texas law that excused murder in crimes of passion. It looked like Clint Eastwood's make-my-day. "That's my equalizer," he said. It made me wish I was lame.

Sidelock
Sidelock

London, London. It's my favourite big city. San Francisco my favourite small city. It's hard to explain because I've a hankering for Paris in a different way but I always think of London as my town. Fortunately my wife thinks the same way. I think cities are often rated by first impressions. Maybe yours was a bad one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Makes you wish? You are. (kidding! kidding! kidding!). You're alright, King. My wife likes you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, no doubt, in a discussion with you I need an equalizer. I have certainly been outgunned in our debates over the years.

But I think I made my point here.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I love London, London. There isn't a city in the world that I've been to and didn't like. Well, there was one time in Amarillo... I was just being silly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, Mike

I got jumped in Amarillo back in 92. Ain't been back since.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, if you come this way again drop me a line and we will bust some clays and eat some barbecued brisket.

And it wasn't me. I haven't jumped anybody since 1972.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

PS---Obama and Clinton on assault rifles: I think of those firearms in the same way as bolt-action shotguns, not to seen in the public with one. A new generation hereabouts think I'm exercising a peculiar affectation with my doubles compared to their 3- and 3 1/2 inch automatics. Firepower is in. I think the first shot counts. I haven't seen better results in the field with automatics or magnums. Macho boom-bang another thing entirely.

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.