March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, Marc Ret, graybeardtmm3, Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 832 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Debate, Brent? I am not debating anything here. Re-read my post and you will (or perhaps you will not) see that I am stating my opinions. For the many years I have participated in this bulletin board, I don't recall ever seeing the notice that it was a scientific forum. It has science, opinions, politics, and other topics, so your advice to me to debate science and not politics, well, I will just leave my feelings on your advice without comment. I do want to thank you for the instruction on migratory vs. non-migratory birds and state vs. federal wildlife law enforcement. Gosh, after hunting for 50 years that little tid bit of information sure came as a surprise!!! By the way, aren't doves categorized as "migratory" birds and thus controlled by federal wildlife laws. Before you go to any great length to answer that one Brent, let me just say that I really already know the answer to the question. Incidentally, your rhetoric on migratory, non, and state/fed, etc. failed to address the question I posed. As has been stated earlier, the issue over non-toxic versus lead originated with and centered on "wetlands" didn't it - not the governing body to enforce the wildlife laws. Therefore, I ask it again. If I can shoot an upland bird with lead legally in a given location, why can I not shoot waterfowl flying over or walking around the area legally with the same lead shot. Does a dead bird know what did him in? Let me re-state my question in a different fashion rather than have you again educate me on the different law enforcement bodies. Does it make any sense for the situation I describe above to exist? I was already provided an answer from the game warden to whom I posed the same question. He said he agreed with my reasoning, but "that's just the way the law reads." That I understand. I am only offering my opinion on what I believe to be a ridiculous difference in wording of laws and regulations. And I still think the ammunition manufacturers are "preying" upon sportsmen who are victimized by this ruling. Well, everyone except the "writers" who get to shoot all the free high-priced ammunition they want to as long as they will praise its virtues in sporting publications. (Oh! I am also aware that upland birds hunted on federal lands require non-toxic shot. Just a little tid bit I have picked up in my years of involvement with hunting and the shooting sports) Thanks Brent.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

So if "Science" demostrates ingestion of Lead is harmful, why not just ban all lead ?

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Perry, I overestimated you.

My mistake.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent, I'm still looking for your science ol'chap?
...and please don't cite something from California!
Hair brain science and hair brained politics go hand in hand.
There's a science for every cause you know.
Banning lead shot was fuzzy science with a cause.
Lets clean-up the earth, give big business a pass and nail the poor duck hunter.
Thats it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

keep looking Lowell, you remember those threads I'm sure....

Brent

_________

Originally Posted By: BrentD
keep looking Lowell, you remember those threads I'm sure....

Brent

Brent: you should have some idea as to the title and time frame of your posts? I've spent a lot of time looking myself.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is one http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...=true#Post16871
Lowell, of course, is just doing his best Joe Brennan impersonation - he posted quite a few times on this particular thread. Disingenuiness is so unattractive.

There are other threads as well.

Brent

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

And, once you are done with that one article - take on the literature. Science does not draw conclusions from single publications. Here is a smattering for you to get started on. http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=lead+waterfowl&hl=en&lr=&btnG=Search

Brent

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

You flatter yourself Brent. You don't know enough about me, who I am or what I do, to form any sort of educated estimate or even a wild guess. But, as to the mistake to which you admit - apology accepted. Keep up the good scientific work and/or research on lead shot though. Perhaps you can even save the California Condor - oh wait. That flawed research and outright lies regarding lead and their imminent extinction, I believe, was already exposed for the political ploy that it was. If it makes you happy to believe that all the furor over lead shot and waterfowl is pure science with no politics directed against the shooting sports, well, my "estimate" of you tells me that nothing will change your mind. Have a good day Brent.

By the way, since we have nothing but "numbers of deaths due to lead" from the scientific- and the anti-hunting community, has anyone ever actually seen pictoral evidence of this such as fields and wetlands strewn with dead ducks and geese with no puncture holes. Just a thought.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK what have any of you waterfowl hunters done with the info regarding the situation with Bismuth No-Tox ceasing production? I went out and purchased both loaded shells and loose shoot that gives me between a 4 to 5 year supply for upcoming waterfowl seasons, the last order arriving by UPS tonight. I am hoping by the time I run out the company/patent rights will be sold and the shot will be readily available again.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.