May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Birdog, Jtplumb, earlyriser, CJ Dawe, skeettx, Chantry), 641 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,482
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nca225, you are indeed mixing 2 separate and distinct issues. As to the people police shoot in the course of their daily jobs, many of them were shot under circumstances that could only be considered suspicious.

However, the one I want to address is the no fly/no buy list. By law, once you get on this list you are not allowed to know how your name got put on the list, and there is no appeal process to get off the list. At that point, you're screwed. You're never going on vacation again, your reputation is besmirched and you will be watched forever. Oh, and you aren't ever going be able to buy a new shotgun/rifle/pistol again.

That's what the Republicans are fighting for.

Mergus

Duckboats, decoys and double barrels...
Sidelock
Sidelock

nca please read what I wrote again.

He had a gun on him when he was fighting police. I didn't say he brandished at the police. I did say the police were responding to a call. That a citizen called 911 and told the dispatcher that the now-deceased citizen brandished a gun at him. "Carrying" does not mean in hands, just means on him, as in "concealed carry".

Even if the dashcam video shows that the policeman incorrectly shot the CCL motorist, which I think it will, in a country of 330,000,000 people it is going to happen. I don't think the cop executed the motorist, I think he made a grave error or mistake. I may be wrong, the dashcam may show a justified shooting.

There is no doubt that the police make a disproportionate number of fatal errors when dealing with Black citizens. But murderers occur in the Black population at six times the per capita rate of Whites. The vast majority of Blacks are honest citizens. But that criminal rate means Blacks also have six times the per capita rate of interaction with the police than Whites do. And thus are disproportionate victims of unjustified police shootings.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Business Tip: If arrested by the police, put your hands up, don't fight, advise them you not only have a pistol in your right front pocket but a permit to carry it in your wallet. Don't reach for your wallet until you are given permission to do so. Black or white, it will save your life...Geo

nca225 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mergus
Nca225, you are indeed mixing 2 separate and distinct issues. As to the people police shoot in the course of their daily jobs, many of them were shot under circumstances that could only be considered suspicious.

However, the one I want to address is the no fly/no buy list. By law, once you get on this list you are not allowed to know how your name got put on the list, and there is no appeal process to get off the list. At that point, you're screwed. You're never going on vacation again, your reputation is besmirched and you will be watched forever. Oh, and you aren't ever going be able to buy a new shotgun/rifle/pistol again.

That's what the Republicans are fighting for.

Mergus

Nope. I am merely pointing out the intellectual dishonesty of member's positions on these two issues. The position that some are taking on one issue i.e. the evils and shortfalls of the terrorist watch list as compared to the TFB attitude if you get shot by police, seems to me to be inconsistent with each other.

If we are all outraged by the "lack" of due process from being placed on a list, then why the lack of outrage at law enforcement for ending one's life without due process?

BTW, had you taken a look at the bill the GOP is blocking to spite the democrats, you would have seen the appeals process afforded to clear your name. the GOP is NOT fighting for you or me, they are fighting for the party to our detriment.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
nca225 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
nca please read what I wrote again.

He had a gun on him when he was fighting police. I didn't say he brandished at the police. I did say the police were responding to a call. That a citizen called 911 and told the dispatcher that the now-deceased citizen brandished a gun at him. "Carrying" does not mean in hands, just means on him, as in "concealed carry".

Mike, the store owner who shoot the second video indicated that the gun was pulled out of his pocket by the police after they killed him. The gun was in his pocket Mike. How does that justify shooting him dead?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

NCA, you're leaving out the part about the gun being discovered by the cops while the guy was fighting them. One cop yelled "GUN" and another followed protocol and eliminated the danger. Justice Dept. and the courts will sort out whether the shoot was reasonable or not...Geo

See business tips above.

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 07/07/16 04:06 PM. Reason: added last sentence
Sidelock
Sidelock

Intellectual dishonesty results from bias. I have a bias in favor of the cops. My intellectual integrity is not to be taken without question...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

nca:

You keep trying to get me defend arguments I did not make.

911 received a call from a citizen complaining that a man outside that store brandished a gun at him.

The dispatcher told the police to go to that store.

She informed the policemen that the complainant stated that the subject of the complaint had brandished a gun.

The police had reason to believe that the now-deceased citizen had a gun when they rolled up in their squad car.

The police and the now-deceased citizen got in a fight. The police believed it was likely that the now-deceased citizen had a gun. They would be worried that he was going to pull that gun in that fight and shoot them. They may have thought the now-deceased citizen had actually pulled his gun when they shot him. No doubt the shooting was a mistake.

The citizen was carrying a gun. Not in his hands but in his possession. So not only would the policemens' worry that the citizen had a gun be reasonable, it turned out to be factual.

I do argue that if you get in a fight with a policeman and you get shot it is your own damn fault. Not that getting into that fight gives the policeman the right to shoot you but that you use very bad judgement when you get in a fight with a policeman. If you survive that shooting you should get compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, and compensation for violation of your rights. If you don't then your dependent survivors deserve compensation. But it was your own damn fault.

I am glad to be here.
nca225 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

Even if the dashcam video shows that the policeman incorrectly shot the CCL motorist, which I think it will, in a country of 330,000,000 people it is going to happen. I don't think the cop executed the motorist, I think he made a grave error or mistake. I may be wrong, the dashcam may show a justified shooting.

There is no doubt that the police make a disproportionate number of fatal errors when dealing with Black citizens. But murderers occur in the Black population at six times the per capita rate of Whites. The vast majority of Blacks are honest citizens. But that criminal rate means Blacks also have six times the per capita rate of interaction with the police than Whites do. And thus are disproportionate victims of unjustified police shootings.

First off, as I said earlier, I don't think this is a race thing. This is a concern over a Police State that you all seem comfortable with.

Now lets look at your position here... you feel that in a country of 330,000,000 people, when law enforcement gets involved, there are bound to be some mistakes, and some innocent people will get killed by the police. I think that since you feel that law enforcement is out there providing a necessary security function, through a very stressful job, these incidents where people are unjustly shot are the result of some grave and tragic mistake.

But when we have our government performing a necessary security function in a country of 330,000,000 and creating a terrorist watch list and wishing to prevent people on that list from getting a gun, for our own safety, the same inevitable and tragic mistakes of wrongly designating a person on that list is just too much to take.

How can you be idle about the prior and outraged by the latter?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.