Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill Hadfield at Robin Hollow? He and Kevin Kelley, Steve Barrett and Tony Galazan all have uber high prices- and must operate on the "Greater fool will buy it at my pricing" some day- theory. Not the best way to steadily gain a market share in the used gun biz, IMO. I way prefer dealing with Kirby Hoyt in WA- he is realistic and open to reasonable offers on guns he owns- and will gladly convey your offer to his consignor, if needed. He also does not charge any Veteran the shipping costs on the guns he sells-- I am not aware of any other dealer who does that.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree seems very high. I have never seen the reasoning behind pricing real high... I have seen Cabalas do that.. seems a waste of time and makes it look like you don't know what you have.My opinion only!

monty
Sidelock
Sidelock

More and more are straight-up because it's good for business, Fox---particularly the smaller one-man operations. I first ran across it big-time in another commerce during discussions with Dick VanGrunsven's launch of his RV-3 single-seat aircraft in the late 60s, now one of most successful operations of its kind in the world. He wouldn't exaggerate performance, wouldn't stretch the truth, it seemed impossible for him to take credit where it wasn't due. Now, if only big commerce would learn from a growing number of responsible tradesmen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I made what I thought was a very good buy on an Ithaca Classic Doubles 20ga from Robin Hollow. I'll admit that a lot of their prices are high, but that one was not. I've never bought from Barnett, but I've heard that he will deal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
More and more are straight-up because it's good for business, Fox---particularly the smaller one-man operations. I first ran across it big-time in another commerce during discussions with Dick VanGrunsven's launch of his RV-3 single-seat aircraft in the late 60s, now one of most successful operations of its kind in the world. He wouldn't exaggerate performance, wouldn't stretch the truth, it seemed impossible for him to take credit where it wasn't due. Now, if only big commerce would learn from a growing number of responsible tradesmen.

Are you suggesting that Kevin, Steve and Tony are irresponsible? Are you saying they are not straight up? Your words, not mine.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sometimes you just have to laugh at prices and move on. You can ask any price you want but can they get these prices? Not likely, because I see the same guns lingering for years at the same silly asking prices.

What I hate are the auction site scams. At auctions sites the guns which sell 90% of the time are guns which start for a dollar and have no reserve. It takes guts to sell your own guns is such a way because there is a risk that your time to sell might be the one time the gun does not bring much. Most of the dealers selling guns this way are pawn shops with very little invested in the gun, a few consignment dealers who sell guns for other people or a private seller who wants to sell it for what he can get for it and wants cash now.

Even at auction sites you get the "weird or crooked" deal sometimes. I bid on two guns, which I thought were run up by a fake bidder. I lost one and won one, but the lost gun was on another auction site in two weeks, selling from the same city as it started from, under a different sellers name. Same pictures, same description but a "new" seller. When I contacted the auction site they declared it was OK as far as they could tell and since it was not their site I doubt they cared. When I looked at the other "bidders" information he had bought ten guns over the years always from the one seller. Inside job and I had been jobbed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Of course not, Stan. Responding to Fox's of one man's admirable ethos, I said there's a growing number of persons in the trade who take their honest and conscientious ethos into how they conduct their businesses.

In a narrow world of suspicion and unwarranted imputing of motives, I make a point of acknowledging good because if we don't as a society how will we recognize the good that binds us positively when we see it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's "good to be King?" Thanks, I think. Ethos (Greek for Ethics or ethical in behaviour)? perhaps. All of the dealers I listed, starting with Robin Hollow and through my favorite (Kirby Hoyt) are ethical, just as my old friend Bill Jaqua (ret'd.) of Findlay, Ohio always has been, and his heirs continue that tradition.

Anyone can ask any price for a "Vintage" gun they care to, getting that price today, with very knowing members of such groups as: PGCA, A.H. Fox Collectors, The German Gun Collectors, et al- and the rapid dissemination of "inside data", serial nos. etc- makes the inflated prices some of the aforesaid dealers try to obtain for their wares more of a challenge in today's market, n'ces pas mon ami??

Sidelock
Sidelock

While I have not purchased any guns from Tony Galazan he has purchased guns from me and I have seen him buy from others
in his defense on prices, he has paid me and a friend of mine some strong prices for what he bought. He will step up to the plate and write the check.

John Boyd
QUALITY Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps because you are a "brother dealer"?? I heard the same story from Herschel Chaddick years ago, about buying and selling back and forth with Bill Jaqua. Where is old Herschel now-a-days, one might wonder??

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.