April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Fudd, 1 invisible), 161 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,431
Posts544,704
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100736629

Looks to me someone should have bought a Parker shotgun at the Southern. Anyone else seen this advertisement?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No. I feel for the dealer, but, loaning a gun of that magnatude was an unwise decision.
That gun is bulged just outside the chamber. I'm guessing that there is more to this story than a high pressure load, it appears there was an obstruction.
Sad pictures.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

In both barrels, Ted? Doubt that. I guarantee whoever did it knows they did it. Unwise or not, the S SxS has always been known for its policy of letting buyers or potential buyers try out guns at their "have a go" stand, and this person abused the privilege terribly. Probably end up putting an end to that deal.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 08/15/16 09:14 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree there. You lend out a Nitro Special or a Hunter Special, not a graded Parker.

But, I've seen it before, trusting someone with a hand shake and then get pissed on.

There was a thread way back on here were an employee always praised his boss's Parker he had hanging up in his office and when he retire the boss gave him the Parker as a retirement present. What the guy do? Turned around and sold it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with John on every ruptured barrel it almost certainly caused by an obstruction. To see both barrels bulged and ruined like that was possibly caused by a 2 3/4 inch round loaded to CIP specs. I realize the extra length adds a little pressure but on an older gun that may have been honed and the bore cleaned up over its long life and service. Why risk it. That's why I don't use the stuff AEROSTAR and the HERTERS From Cabela's in any short chambered old guns except NIDs, Trap-guns and a nice Trojan I use for sporting clays. Its too easy to buy or reload pressure correct ammunition.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The dealer loaned it to two people. He knows the people.
Why didn't he just ask point blank who damaged the gun?

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Do we know the bore diameter and wall thickness of this gun?

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

bet the shooter was just using over the counter 2 3/4in loads.....dealer should of made sure the shooters were using low pressure short shells only in this gun.....dealer is lucky the gun didn't blow up hurting the shooter....the dealer most likely would of been sued.....

gunut
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Numerous times, just out of curiosity, I have wanted to shoot particular firearms on display for sale at the Southern, but I have refused to ask because of the risk and not wanting to have to buy something I really had no interest if something were to happen to it to cause damage while in my possession. Allowing customers to shoot firearms on display for sale has been a tradition at the Southern that many have enjoyed without problem for years. Borrowing a firearm does have risks for both the owner and the borrower; and now there is one of the two persons who borrowed the Parker to shoot who is assumed guilty until the person who actually is guilty is identified. Personally, I feel the person who is innocent deserves justice...but I do not see that happening in this situation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chances are, the dealer did their investigating, but that ad. doesn't really prove anything. All that comes out of it is that the shoot/show and the listing site became associated with the seller's boil over.

What if a spring or firing pin broke. It would've been a much lesser cost, but whose fault would it have been. At the moment, the seller would've probably been disappointed because the gun would have been off the market, even if temporarily.

It's a tough one. Only two got to shoot the gun? They were probably 'regulars' who were well known to the seller. Even if somewhat over pressure, chances are only target loads were readily available around a clays course. The gun looks refinished, is this the instance to not automatically assume an obstruction and not wonder about barrel thickness in the area.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.