April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (LGF, SKB), 417 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,787
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
geauga #455281 09/04/16 11:52 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just stumbled onto this thread. I bought a side plated, miniature action .410, with exhibition grade wood, straight hand,semi beaver, skeleton, case colored, black chrome barrels, 15" lop, st, extractor. Bill Hanus "birdgun" bends, swamped rib, side clips, fluted drop points. Bought the gun in '01. Ahhh27 1/2" bbls. It is my go to dove and snipe gun, and i have fired at least 6 flats a year from it since new. Hate that Mark is out of the business. This is as close to a "bespoke" gun built just for me that i will ever own. With another 30 or so vintage doubles in my case, that i enjoy shooting on a loose rotation, the DeHaan is the one that keep,as a bird gun if I had to sell all but one. The gun never fails to foster admiration from all, even snobby "gun heads" like myself!,

I love the look Hobbs, my Vizsla, gives me following my second miss in a row.
geauga #455286 09/05/16 06:12 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark was/is a great guy..His guns were a bargain, especially the small framed ones. A loss to the business for sure.

geauga #455287 09/05/16 06:39 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I called Mark about one with ejectors somewhere around 12-14 years ago, with the intention of ordering one with longer barrels. He told me they were not making a .410, at that time, with ejectors. I knew all their other gauges could be had with ejectors, and asked why not the .410. His reply was that Huglu told him they were not satisfied with the prototypes yet, and were going to offer them when they "got it right". I couldn't understand that reasoning at the time, and never did. Never did seriously consider one after that, but all those years I still wanted a .410 with double triggers, 30" barrels and ejectors. I finally got that last year when I ordered my Dickinson through Cabela's. It has been flawless, and is into the second season on doves now. For me, it was worth the wait. Glad you like yours and that it has given such good service.

It is very satisfying taking limits of doves with a .410. I have five of them, including one O/U. I take a lot of ribbing about using them on the dove field. One of my hunting buddies likes to say that ".410s are for kids and old men, and you aren't either". Funny, it seems more Texans use them for doves than anywhere else I have seen represented on forums, in a state where 'Everything is bigger". crazy

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
geauga #455303 09/05/16 09:42 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Especially Ego's. There is something satisfying about "loading up" at the truck, other guys dumping 4pounds of ordinance in their pouches, and me putting half a box of .410's in each front pocket, grabbing my crown royal 1.75 liter velvet bag for dead birds, and sharing the results later. I'll take the rubbing, cuz as usual it is disguised jealousy.

I love the look Hobbs, my Vizsla, gives me following my second miss in a row.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: huntermn
Especially Ego's. There is something satisfying about "loading up" at the truck, other guys dumping 4pounds of ordinance in their pouches, and me putting half a box of .410's in each front pocket, grabbing my crown royal 1.75 liter velvet bag for dead birds, and sharing the results later. I'll take the rubbing, cuz as usual it is disguised jealousy.

Well said. No shortage of big egos on Georgia dove fields either.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.