Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Like a Trojan Horse, or more accurately, a snake in the grass, King Brown continues to dishonestly portray himself as something he is not.

Once again, King is pretending to be pro-gun... even though he has consistently supported and defended those Liberal Left Democrats who are most responsible for 20,000 plus gun control laws and constant assaults upon our 2nd Amendment;

Originally Posted By: King Brown
It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

Of course, it's only natural for King to neglect to mention that a PAL is necessary to purchase a firearm in Canada, and that many firearms which are perfectly legal here are absolutely prohibited in Canada (except in some Democrat controlled enclaves). Just ask King to go out and try to legally buy something as simple as a .25 or .32 caliber handgun. King knows he can't, yet he will continue to lie and tell you that Canada's restrictions are less than ours. Dishonest omissions of critical facts come as naturally to King as breathing.

Here's King, in his own words, once again denigrating the NRA and the Supreme Court's interpretation of the words of the 2nd Amendment:

The Court departed from the original understanding of the Second. The NRA and other groups rejected the original interpretation. Even as late as 1991, the jurist Burger appointed by Nixon said "the Second Amendment has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word 'fraud,' on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In 2008, in the District of Columbia v. Heller, what Burger said was fraud was accepted by the court. Interesting stuff.

Here's more from the dishonest guy who is now here attempting to portray himself as a supporter of the NRA:

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

Dave, Dave, Dave: you're like those fundamentalists who claim Jesus walked with the dinosaurs. There was no NRA at time of the Founding Fathers. The change was recent to what the Second is today. You acknowledge as "infringements" all those jurisdictions making the Second what they want it to be. But still the law.

Whether Americans carry because they can or have to is not the issue. They democratically make decisions on how they want to live. Their homicide record is not edifying among modern societies. It is a violent country.

Here's a direct quote from King Brown in answer to me shortly after the Newtown shootings in 2013. It is not possible to use the "QUOTE" function since the thread was locked. King was actually counseling us to give in to Obama and the anti-gun Democrats as he was also criticizing the NRA for Wayne LaPierre's comments:

(Quote: King Brown)

"Your messages appear as from one who hasn't been involved directly in action of what it takes to beat back grabbers other than a NRA membership. (And that antagonizing NRA comment while the nation mourning was no service to our cause, as I said here at the time. Better that the NRA would consider what Obama proposing and it would respond in good time in the country's best interests etc.) Unwarranted inflaming of public opinion is a mistake, and in confrontations of this kind, it's the faux pas that can kill you. Some November dandies come to mind."

There is a reason we are taught even as children to beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. King Brown's posts here in this thread illustrate exactly why it is my opinion that he is the single most dishonest person to post on this forum.

It is not wrong to have a divisive "us and them" attitude when you are dealing with people like King. They do us much more harm than good.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King,
I could care less what "you",especially being "progressive" liberal who is NOT an American, feels infringes on your shooting actives in Canada.

I, like every American on here, have no interest in being subjected your draconian gun laws of Canada and will not allow OUR country to end up with those same restrictive laws here in America !

Once again King, NO ONE here is buying the BS your selling.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

....I feel no infringements on my shooting activities nor a need to carry in public places for my safety.

Always interesting King. I'd like to invoke your new favorite word, trustworthy, and my hope that you really 'feel' this way.

Are you advocating that all laws and regulations that infringe on 'shooting activities', for everyone, are a-okay based on your feelings? How are you able justify your feelings, when you can clearly see the pain and suffering caused to citizens that're less affluent?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Paul Harm
No. Why aren't your people trusted to own any firearm other than full auto? Are conceal carry permits issued ? We have a 2nd Amendment for good reasons - to keep the government in it's place and to overthrow it if necessary. Smokeshot, I don't know what a " Possession and Acquisition License " is. Please explain.

Canadians (as with most Commonwealth nations) long ago stopped recognizing the common law right to keep and bear arms that was embodied in the writings of William Blackstone (perhaps another thread should be created for that purpose).

Canadians must pass a test and obtain a license before they may legally purchase firearms.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....I feel no infringements on my shooting activities nor a need to carry in public places for my safety.

Always interesting King. I'd like to invoke your new favorite word, trustworthy, and my hope that you really 'feel' this way.

Are you advocating that all laws and regulations that infringe on 'shooting activities', for everyone, are a-okay based on your feelings? How are you able justify your feelings, when you can clearly see the pain and suffering caused to citizens that're less affluent?

He certainly seems to be doing that. In all of his posts, I cannot find a single policy-based argument to support his vaguely expressed feelings.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not arguing with anyone. I've taken a position that an ecumenical model has proven more efficacious in forwarding our interests than fighting from a weakening base of more them than us. Affluent or otherwise has nothing to do with it. The Canadian fraternity sacrificed nothing in rolling back the registry. I've seen no "pain or suffering" under our reformed system and no wins in the US. Self-defeating chest-beating didn't enter into it. Proof of the pudding is in the eating. No arguments are needed, policy-based, personal or otherwise.

Sidelock
Sidelock

More dishonest blather from King... no surprise there!

King dishonestly states that he sees no wins on the gun control front in the U.S. He must be forgetting the humiliating defeat Obama and the anti-gun Democrats suffered in 2013. He must be forgetting the Firearms Owners Protection Act which overruled no fewer than six anti-gun Supreme Court decisions and about one-third of the hundreds of lower court rulings interpreting the 1968 Gun Control Act. He must be forgetting that there were only 8 Shall Issue Concealed Carry States in 1986 and there are 39 now, with some form of CC now legal in all 50 states.

Of course, I'm sure he'd like us to forget the passage of laws to protect firearms sellers and manufacturers from frivolous and financially damaging lawsuit... which Hillary Clinton wishes to reinstate. And King still hasn't accepted the crushing defeat of the anti-gunners in the 2008 Heller and McDonald Supreme Court decisions. King still insists that the Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a recent perversion of what he thinks the 2nd Amendment actually says. Here he is dishonestly claiming that Conservative Constitutional scholar Mark Levin does not believe in the IRKBA:

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

Notice that King never fails to neglect to mention that Justice John Paul Stevens was one of Nixon's great disappointments when he turned into a flaming Liberal. Another one of those little omissions of facts that King is so good at.

The Canadian Fraternity spent years and large amounts of time and money in rolling back the Canadian Long Gun Registry. King wouldn't know anything about that because he has done absolutely nothing to promote gun rights in Canada. He is too busy here attempting to LULL U.S. Gun Owners into complacency and advancing his Liberal Left anti-gun agenda. No matter what King may say or think, you cannot honestly consider yourself pro-gun when you support and defend the extreme anti-gun politicians who work tirelessly to infringe upon our rights.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Affluent or otherwise has nothing to do with it....

....No arguments are needed, policy-based, personal or otherwise.

I saw the pictures you were able to share. Can you really 'feel' the way a person of colour, a woman, or a person of lower economic class DOES feel. Isn't it possible that others may have an argument based on the entitlement of feelings?

Sidelock
Sidelock

My family has no need to carry for personal safety. It doesn't live in a slaughterhouse.

I will leave it to others to question the voracity of your other claims in the post. But implying the US is a slaughterhouse is beyond the pale.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't feel a need for PAL mention because I was responding to the aforementioned "two pieces of paper." To sell a firearm legally all I need to know is that the owner has a PAL, no exchange or signing of papers of any kind. Canada does not have a database other than citizens who have taken a safety course. Canada doesn't know if I have a gun or how many. PAL permits buying and selling firearms to those who have shown they can use them safely. A national consensus of reasonable accommodation is preferable to Canada than an enduring, tiresome and never-ending national debate about regulations and constitutional rights.

False!

Unless you consider hand guns, and other restricted and prohibited forearms as per Canadian government regulations since 1935, not, in fact, guns.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.