May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (LGF, MattH, Stanton Hillis, bbman3, 2 invisible), 353 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,587
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, are you sure I said all that? I thought I just said to vote for the NRA candidate...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted By: Smokeshot
Is there a way that I can send a PM to more than one person at a single time?

Sure smoke, just add the recipients you want to the PM. Just a thought; do you know anything about or are you interested in doubleguns or are you just here for the deep political discussions?...Geo

Interested in double guns, came here for information about double guns, and stumbled across some bizarre remarks from our Canadian friend.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's what I took from your words---this is Clinton/Court crunch time, chilluns---and I added a few words because of the usual response of stirringr entrails, poking fingers when the enemy is us, societies mesmerized by Bambi.

I'm not sure, without scrolling back, if you advocated voting for the NRA candidate. You said what you were going to do and you didn't trust either one of them. It's not your nature to do thinking for others.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: keith

That's quite interesting considering the troubles Canadians have simply moving unrestricted double guns back and forth across the border.

I hate to be a stickler for accuracy (no I don't. LOL) But almost all the issues that arise moving unrestricted (As per Canadian regs)guns and their parts across our borders, have their origins in US regulations. It is US Customs and ATF that make things hard. Not Canada.

I'll take your word for that James, but it still doesn't answer the question about the legality of an international transfer of a full-auto Prohibited firearm from Canada and then being sold in the U.S. when that full-auto firearm had not been registered as required by U.S. law under the NFA of 1934. Sounds fishy at best.

While looking for information about transferring an unrestricted gun into Canada from the U.S., I did find this interesting article titled "Under the gun: The burden of being a gun owner in Canada"

https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbez-blogs/un...10-f8d99d4e9f54

I'm hoping that you'll have time to read it and tell us if the information in it is accurate. It is a bit dated being from 2011, and the Long Gun Registry was obviously still active then, but I wondered if the rest of the rigamarole is actually true. If it is anything close to being that way for Canadian gun owners, I'd have to say King is even more full of shit than I thought pertaining to his notion that Canada's gun laws are less cumbersome than those we have. I'd ask him for his take on its' accuracy, but (a), he pretends to ignore me, and (b) I wouldn't trust him to be truthful about it. Thanks,

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, read the article and yes, with the exception of the stuff about the long gun registry, it's accurate.

Each province has a Chief Firearms Officer, a person (with full staff) responsible for the execution of the bureaucratic bullshit. Chris Wyatt was anything but reasonable. Fought hard against any liberalization of regs and used every means at his disposal to make things difficult. These people are seconded to the Office of the CFO from major police forces....the RCMP or OPP. Make no mistake, as senior officers of those forces, they are philisophically against guns in private hands.

I have described ATT's (Authorization to Transport) here before. To pretend, as King does on occasion, that the requirements of US law regarding intra-state sale and shipment of firearms, are more onerous that Canadian regs is just not accurate. And it's so much not accurate that anyone even somewhat familiar with the laws could not be making a mistake.

With the exception of exporting firearms, ammo and firearms parts, it is abundantly clear the US is substantially less burdened by criminal law that regulates the ownership, storage, handling, use and sale of firearms.

I know something about unregistered firearms that should have been part of the original registration of "restricteds" in the 1930's. ANYTHING to do with them is illegal. Included possessing, touching, looking at, selling or crossing a border.

There is a bit of a mantra up here the bureaucrats and leftists like to hit us over the head with, and it's not used just in relation to guns. " It's a priviledge, not a right". It serves to emphasis, in a threatening way, the power of the government and the little protection we have from its whims.

Last edited by canvasback; 09/07/16 08:02 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interested in double guns, came here for information about double guns, and stumbled across some bizarre remarks from our Canadian friend.

You are at the right place to learn a few things about doubleguns. You might not be going to get much politics though. I can't believe this thread is still up???...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

On the border thing.

As an example, I can't travel to the US and bring back a flat of RST shells that aren't available here. I can't bring back even one shell. Not because Canada......our laws allow us to bring back 5000 rounds anytime we are down there.

It is the ATF on behalf of the US government that restricts the exports, under any circumstance, to those who are licensed, and have paid the appropriate fees. To the point of tracking licence plates of Canadians attending US gun shows and stopping those visitors just before they get to the border.

For those of us who like visiting your fair country, the risks are just way too great to justify the rewards of skirting those regs. I'd like to continue being able to visit. Not be banned for life.

Last edited by canvasback; 09/07/16 07:59 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern

You are at the right place to learn a few things about doubleguns. You might not going to get much politics though. I can't believe this thread is still up???...Geo

laugh George, we're just getting warmed up! I didn't even know the thread was here until around post 50. Haha!

Sidelock
Sidelock

James, US gun stores complain they can't send us as much as a peep sight although our esteemed John Mann sold me a mint SW, marked "shotgun" on the box and sent it fedex to my door, no questions asked, while US closing border. Our Joe Salter in Sydney has been trafficking militaria and guns, including full autos, for decades through his US operations in New England and, I believe, sometimes in Florida. I know of several Schmeissers, Stens and Tommyguns that went south. US Customs doesn't fool around. I saw a twin aircraft confiscated in Buffalo for not declaring a 40-ouncer of overproof rum bought in St. Miquelon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
James, US gun stores complain they can't send us as much as a peep sight although our esteemed John Mann sold me a mint SW, marked "shotgun" on the box and sent it fedex to my door, no questions asked, while US closing border. Our Joe Salter in Sydney has been trafficking militaria and guns, including full autos, for decades through his US operations in New England and, I believe, sometimes in Florida. I know of several Schmeissers, Stens and Tommyguns that went south. US Customs doesn't fool around. I saw a twin aircraft confiscated in Buffalo for not declaring a 40-ouncer of overproof rum bought in St. Miquelon.

Keep using words like "trafficking" and "full auto". Sooner or later, someone will investigate you and perhaps the entire message board.

Originally Posted By: Trafficking
The carrying on of an illegal commercial activity such as selling drugs or substances that are banned. (Black's Law Dictionary)

Last edited by Smokeshot; 09/07/16 09:16 AM.
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.