April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Parabola, LRF, 1 invisible), 861 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,190
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Most gun owners are deeply private about whats in their gun collection both for fear of government intrusion, and for fear of theft. Several gun owners agreed to talk to the Guardian in detail about their collections only on the condition that their full names or precise locations not be disclosed.

Like Risenhoover, many super-owners described gun collections that had grown organically or even haphazardly, with different guns added for a mishmash of reasons, from practical need to the appreciation of a guns historical significance or aesthetic value."

Gun inequality: US study charts rise of hardcore super owners | US news | The Guardian

I just ran across this information in the Guardian which I think re-enforces my opinion that the less publicly known about you or your collection the safer you will be. And craig d I believe I posted access to a conversation held with one of Clinton's aides during the convention where she stated that Clinton's ultimate goal was the confiscation of all firearms.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

James M, I think what you do is great - keep it up.

craigd #457013 09/21/16 05:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
I think, if all we had to do is keep nukes out of civilian hands, there is still a fair amount of evidence that ideological lines have been drawn by left wing leaders to restrict side by side barreled shotguns among other types of civilian firearms.

Craig, you must not be recalling Joe Biden's reference to a shotgun (I believe he may have specified double, although I can't remember for sure) as a good home defense weapon. That being said, without doubt there are lefties who'd like to put far more restrictions on gun ownership. And if you happen to live in the wrong state, they probably will succeed in doing so. Have succeeded, in some states. Makes me very glad that the last state I lived in (WI) finally got CCW (pretty much automatic without training for a vet like me), and just a few years ago, IA--where I live now--went from "may issue" CCW (giving county sheriffs power over who got permits) to "shall issue" (meaning the sheriff has to show cause to refuse you a permit)--again with a simple background check and my DD-214. Good to know things have been heading the right way in the Heartland--if, unfortunately, that's not the case on the coasts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Leave it to Larry Clown to rush to defend an extreme anti-gunner like Joe Biden. Larry, the ex-CIA Intelligence Analyst has apparently missed a lifetime of anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric from Biden. Biden's pandering comments on the double gun meant to justify bans on semi-autos like AR-15's demonstrate his ignorance. And Larry's too.

Larry says he doesn't know of any Liberal gun owners who are anti-2nd Amendment. And he also says that high cap magazine bans would be stupid. How'd he miss what his older brother King had to say about that?

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I'd feel better about 2nd protection if our side stopped shooting itself in the foot with the makes-no-difference between 10 and larger magazines, cross-messaging of the worst kind. The antis are saying if the difference is 6-8 seconds what's the problem of excluding the 10-plus?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

L. Brown #457051 09/21/16 09:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Good to know things have been heading the right way in the Heartland--if, unfortunately, that's not the case on the coasts.

So, what's going down in N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, along the coasts that we should be concerned about? The way I see it, IA was just slow to do what these coastal states did long ago. How 'bout not lumping us in with the Left Coast and New England. There's little in common there, by comparison.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 09/21/16 09:44 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Lloyd3 #457068 09/21/16 11:26 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
nca225: It sounds like I was unaware of some of the later dialog in that post, because it had been scrubbed when I logged on yesterday. As to your question....in retrospect, I'm sorry I made that post. Yet another angry old white guy moment, I fear.

Happens to everyone Lloyd. I know I've had similar moments as well.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Good to know things have been heading the right way in the Heartland--if, unfortunately, that's not the case on the coasts.

So, what's going down in N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, along the coasts that we should be concerned about? The way I see it, IA was just slow to do what these coastal states did long ago. How 'bout not lumping us in with the Left Coast and New England. There's little in common there, by comparison.

SRH

My apologies, Stan. Guess I should have said the Northeast Coast and the lower West Coast. IA was slower to get there than it should have been--and WI was even slower--but very good, IMO, that they're both there now. And those changes run counter to the trend in states like California, and some states in the Northeast. Good for us; bad for them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You would think the ex-CIA Intelligence analyst Larry Clown would get tired of showing us just how often his observations are so far off the mark.

But this is the same guy who recently went on for several days telling us why he won't vote for the only pro-2nd Amendment candidate in this year's Presidential election. So he tells us he celebrates gun rights victories in the Heartland while he supports politicians who promise to infringe upon gun rights.

Some people still haven't mastered connecting the dots. You can't make this shit up!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

L. Brown #457098 09/22/16 08:21 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Muslim sympathizers like Larry Brown shouldn't own a firearm of any sort.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Muslim sympathizers like Larry Brown shouldn't own a firearm of any sort.

That goes to show that if statements are stupid enough, they can be funny--but still a crock of BS. I worked in the Arab world when terrorists were killing Americans, Joe. My wife lost her college roommate on PanAm 103--and one of my CIA bosses lost his son on the same flight. One of my State Dept friends was a hostage when the Iranian "students" occupied the American embassy. After I left CIA, I continued to work CI/CT (that'd be counterintelligence/counterterrorism) analysis as a Military Intelligence officer for another 20+ years. Joe, you probably didn't know what a Muslim was until after 9/11.

But I do understand that the best way to deal with Islamist terrorism is not to put a whole lot of American boots on the ground. That plays right into AQ/ISIS propaganda. "Here come the Crusaders again!" Nope. Support and assist our Muslim allies, who are doing most of the boots on the ground work. They're fighting for their countries, and it's obviously more their war than it is ours. Besides Joe, if we had to count on guys like you signing on the dotted line to fight for your country, I have a feeling we'd be in really bad shape.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.