May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jimmy W, Borderbill, eightbore, Jtplumb, 2 invisible), 237 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,355
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
Drew Hause #457125 09/22/16 11:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I think that by using the term "big tent", that pretty much says we're NOT talking about a fringe and a huge constituency. The problem is, however, that those Republicans who are farthest to the right seem bound and determined to denigrate anyone who isn't that far right as a RINO. On another BB, I read references to Scott Walker as a RINO, which almost caused me to fall off my chair. Walker, whatever else you may think of him--and he was never one of my top choices for the nomination--has a record of REAL conservative accomplishments. For example, switching WI from a union shop state to right to work. I only know of one other Republican governor--Mitch Daniels in Indiana--who's done that any time recently. That and giving WI concealed carry for the first time. If Walker's a RINO and he's going to be pushed out of the tent because he's not conservative enough, then the Republican Party is in very serious trouble.

Drew Hause #457133 09/22/16 12:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps the entire comment will clarify.

The sad truth is that the getting re-elected hinges on nothing more than a pragmatic what works and as soon as it is politically expedient gun owners will finds themselves friendless and alone - and likely gunless. Just recall that not long ago the cons controlled WH and Congress and how much good came in your direction then. The NRA has been nobody's' friend except themselves (new buildings, pay raises, etc) for decades and has done nothing to promote some rational approach to opposing the anti's. But they have managed to promote the nutcase-with-a-gun image in so effective a way that I have to wonder who they really represent.

and nothing says ReTard like Trump, et al. Or I should say "screams".

have another day
Dr.WtS

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 09/22/16 12:18 PM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Drew Hause #457138 09/22/16 12:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

We saw your entire comment the first time Dr. Wanker. Actually, quite a bit of good came our way when the Conservatives controlled the WH and Congress. Bill Clinton's Assault Rifle Ban was allowed to expire without the predicted rise in firearms murders. Concealed Carry was expanded nationwide. Pro-2nd Amendment Conservative Supreme Court Justices were confirmed which led us to the landmark 2008 Heller and McDonald decisions. Shall I go on?

Then in 2013 when your boy Obama was pushing real hard for extreme gun control measures such as semi-auto bans, large cap magazine bans, and Universal Gun Registration aka Universal Backgroud Checks, the NRA you so like to denigrate mobilized gun owners and lobbied Congress to give your boy his most stinging defeat, and a great victory for gun rights.

have another day yourself, and try to get your facts straight next time. Go outside and wipe the dirt off of your Hillary bumper sticker.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Drew Hause #457142 09/22/16 12:50 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Monitoring the thread in case someone says something nice (thanks Wonko, George & others)

I'm just stunned by the degeneration of our culture in which grown men can anonymously insult each other, while hiding behind their keyboard persona and the cowardly and specious argument of personal safety and security. If your cyber-, home-, personal security is that inadequate, move into the desert and get off the grid.

1. Recognizing cowardly behavior is not the same thing as calling another man a coward. But by calling others a “jerk”, “Muslim sympathizer”, “clown”, “anti-gun troll” or “Fudd” we can make them “not us” and dismiss their arguments as having no value or meaning, while establishing our own as having validity while retreating emotionally and intellectually into our “like us” bubble.
2. Recognizing narcissistic and sociopathic ass-like behavior is not being “hypocritically judgmental” when it’s the truth, and some here have crossed that line.
3. Calling out inappropriate speech/words ie. "libtard" is not hypocrisy.
4. I don’t care if a poster goes by “Minnie Mouse” if he has questions/contributions to make regarding doubleguns. If someone wants to attack another here however, he should have the courage to use his real name. And I’ve not “outed” anyone’s real name, because it’s not my place to do so.
5. I’m still disgusted that Dave once referred to participants here as “kids”, and said so on Misfires. I assume he wouldn’t say that face-to-face to his personal physician, pastor, or the senior executive of the firm he works for. That is a highly inappropriate put-down toward other adult men and women whose participation and contributions (knowledge and money) maintain this website, and motivate the advertisers.
6. Global anger and free-floating hostility is toxic; to our health and our relationships. Maybe each of us should examine how many friends we still have, or family members still talking to us.

Keith: don’t “proof text” Scripture unless you’ve done the hermeneutic. Galatians 6:7 says “God will not be mocked.” Really.

Sorry. Facing bad roads in a 3rd world county, and another nice case of Giardia frown tends to bolden one up.
I do try to follow Richard Baxter of Kidderminster’s advice
http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/meetthepuritans/richardbaxter.html
“The True and Only Way of Concord of All the Christian Churches”, London, 1680. (Quoting Lutheran theologian Rupertus Meldenius)
"In essentials unity; in non-essentials liberty; in all things charity."

Drew Hause #457143 09/22/16 01:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have to be brief because I have to leave, but...

I thought you were taking a leave from us Drew. No surprise that turned out to be a load of crap too... far worse than your giardia induced diarrhea. Still trying to justify the hypocrisy of your personal attack on Jim, Dave K, and me, but it isn't working. Your disdain and disgust is so one-sided and biased by your obvious leanings, that any validity you might have as a preacher is as hopelessly eroded as those third world roads.

Can you show us where I "proof texted" Scripture" or mocked God???... I mean in several months when you come back... since you aren't here now... even though you are.

The little smiley face next to your name is lit up yellow which indicates you have been frequently logged on ever since you told us you were leaving. Where have we seen this before? Oh Last Dollar!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Drew Hause #457144 09/22/16 01:07 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

A real man does not play the victim. Both sides apply. I'm not a victim of anything because I refuse to be one.

Hillary isn't a "con" she's a liberal who should be a con...as in convict. The Clintons are like the Snopes family in Faulkner's books...grasping, amoral, ambitious.

Trump is an idiot, but I'm going to reluctantly vote for him. A lot to do with who's against him and a Johnathon Edwards insistence of Biblical orthodoxy. Politics and religion should NEVER mix.

Last edited by Genelang; 09/22/16 01:09 PM.
Drew Hause #457145 09/22/16 01:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

How anyone can support Hillary is beyond my comprehension as that stinkin crook should be either in retirement or in jail. Granted we can't put a former first lady in jail but she should do us all a favor and show some gratitude for not putting her in jail by retiring from public service.

And if you can't bring yourself to vote for Trump then vote for Pence who put his political career on the line trying to shield the small business owners in Indiana and especially the Christian small business owners from this whacked out Federal government. (See what happens when there is a Democrat in the White House?). He stuck his neck out for you the least you can do is go out and vote for him.

L. Brown #457146 09/22/16 01:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Craig, I think that by using the term "big tent", that pretty much says we're NOT talking about a fringe....

....I read references to Scott Walker as a RINO, which almost caused me to fall off my chair. Walker, whatever else you may think of him--and he was never one of my top choices....
....If Walker's a RINO and he's going to be pushed out of the tent because he's not conservative enough, then the Republican Party is in very serious trouble.

Two food for thought comments if it's okay. First, the left wing allows the most vile of their fringe into their tent and demands that they help write policy at the highest level. But, reviewing those particulars would certainly be beating the ole dead horse.

Second, I can appreciate your Walker thoughts, but is it put into practice? What do we make of those who claim to be on the high road, but would write similar of an actual candidate, not just an example? Aren't 'we' in trouble if decorum and civility means a 'never' vote chalks one for the other tent.

Drew Hause #457147 09/22/16 01:46 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

First post: "I'm preparing for another trip to Guatemala"
Didn't say when I was leaving Keith, and not clueless enough to give the dates of the trip. Try again.

Drew Hause #457151 09/22/16 02:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rev Doc Drew been praying for you and us and them and they smile

Been focused on the last half of the 1st chapter of Romans.
WHEW!!

Also Titus Chapter 3 Verse 9 smile

Have a wonderful day
Mike

Last edited by skeettx; 09/22/16 02:45 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.