May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (ksauers1, WJW, canvasback), 231 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,347
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Drew Hause #457154 09/22/16 03:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

When it comes to choosing sides in a set-to between Drew and Keith, I can't grasp anyone's support for Keith. He is the only poster here who never concedes the slightest edge to anyone else, whatever the issue. His must be a very lonely mission. He's out there all alone, the only pure advocate for the sacred cause. All others fall short in some essential way. His personal pipeline to the one true path is his only comfort. Yes, it's lonely there, but purity is its own reward, no doubt. Keith's unadulterated nastiness is the prime example of our country's most serious problem, the refusal to acknowledge the validity of any opinion other than one's own. Drew. I hope you have a safe and fulfilling trip. Take a good stock of medicines with you. That's the only thing that saved my daughter's life when she went on a mission in Guatemala.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 09/23/16 09:08 AM. Reason: correction

Bill Ferguson
Drew Hause #457160 09/22/16 04:09 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith is uncompromising? Well I'm just as uncompromising when it comes to our 2nd Amendment rights and, in fact, all our Constitutional rights. History has shown that every time a part of our firearms rights have been conceded as we did in the GCA of 1968 and again in 1986 with assurances that these would be the last concessions required and what Happened? The Libtards turned right around with a new list of demands before the ink was dry on our signatures.
I have made it clear to my representatives and those running for other offices that we are DONE with firearms concessions. There choice is to send someone banging on my door with some sort of "order" authorizing their confiscation.
The will be a continued push for "Universal Registration" which the Libtards must have in order to proceed to the final step which is confiscation. All the other B.S. legislation like a new "assault rifle ban and the "gun show loophole" are just fillers in the meantime to test our resolve. And as far as the term "Libtard" goes I don't find it any more demeaning then the term bandied about by those that it fits "Birther".
And as a final note on this I don't wish Drew Hause any ill will nor will I harbor any long term resentment. As a practicing Christian it's not permitted anyway. However; I believe I've made it very clear that HE initiated this with an attack on me and others which I felt needed to be responded to as I did.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 09/23/16 05:23 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Drew Hause #457163 09/22/16 04:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

All the best Drew. Be safe. Make the world a little better in your own way. Come back. I enjoy and learn much from some of the material you post - I do love damascus barrels.

Drew Hause #457164 09/22/16 05:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Having spoken to a few folks with computer expertise way beyond mine . . . if you think using a nom de net gives you much in the way of protection, you need to think again.

Besides which, everyone knows that in my case, I'm coaching basketball when I'm not shooting, hunting, or posting on the Internet.

L. Brown #457173 09/22/16 05:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Having spoken to a few folks with computer expertise way beyond mine . . . if you think using a nom de net gives you much in the way of protection, you need to think again.

Amen. And, I am not worried a whole lot about those ner-do-wells who surf the 'net. It's the local druggies who hit on people most, and they don't have two dimes to rub together, much less enough money to keep a smart phone or computer connected to the 'net.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Drew Hause #457174 09/22/16 05:43 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you Bill. We'll be above 5000 feet, so the mosquitos that carry Malaria, Dengue, Zika and Chikungunya aren't buzzing. Lots of nasties in the water however.
This is my 25th C.A. trip so will be so pretty well supplied medically, and rely on Ephesians 3:20 otherwise wink Have had some near death experiences on the roads. Once out of Guatemala City, head-on wrecks or off the side of a mountain are the greatest danger. Several years ago the truck with all our supplies and bags broke down about 11:00 at night in the middle of nowhere on the main highway out of the city. I sent the team on and stayed with 2 ministry partners waiting for another truck, or for a vehicle filled with drogas to kill us and steal everything. Pretty soon a police vehicle drove by, saw this tall skinny Anglo standing there, turned around and parked until our truck got there. They realize in Guatemala that Americans getting killed on the road doesn't help tourism any.

Interesting crime and gun control dynamic. When I was last in Honduras most men carried, legally, including the missionary and his wife. The police had pretty much handed the Colonias over the the Mara Salvatruchas, as in El Salvador. Sadly, most mission agencies had to pull everyone out of Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula, Honduras about 10 years ago.
Hard to get a license in Guatemala, but most men in the countryside have a handgun. We're SE of the capital, in cowboy country; not on the Pan-Am Highway and no tourists. Some gang members came down from Guatemala City a few years ago, and petty crime went up. One Sunday morning all seven were laid out on the city square with a single shot in the forehead. End of trouble.

L. Brown #457176 09/22/16 05:54 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown

Not much privacy but It at least keeps a Google search of your legal name from pulling up your posts on this site and other sites. Do you want clients, colleagues, and collaborators knowing about your hobbies and opinions? I think not. They will Google you.

It’s a personal decision based on individual circumstances. I know a friend’s gun rights blog has contributed to him losing work.

Some people dislike hunters and some people fear and loathe gun owners. Occasionally we have to work for these people, and for various reasons these people can occasionally have some real influence on our careers. Doxing is a real thing. The HR department is also not your friend.

Scolding someone you don’t know to use their real name seems a bit patronizing to me.

Some online anonymity makes us meaner and also less credible. Does it really matter what an anonymous person thinks?

PS. I like the term “shitlib” better than “libtard”. Doesn’t insult the disabled. Glad to help smile

Last edited by RyanF; 09/22/16 05:59 PM.
Drew Hause #457178 09/22/16 06:07 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Death sentence for petty crime. Nice. Those Pentecostals don't fool around.

Be safe, Drew.

Drew Hause #457180 09/22/16 06:27 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

LR: rumor was that an "inappropriate relationship" with someone's daughter was also involved. And yes, even the Methodists speak in tongues. My Spanish is so bad they think I'm Baptacostal.

Drew Hause #457193 09/23/16 01:09 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
First post: "I'm preparing for another trip to Guatemala"
Didn't say when I was leaving Keith, and not clueless enough to give the dates of the trip. Try again.

No Drew, you didn't say when you were leaving... just that you were preparing for another trip to Guatemala. But now I'm wondering why you feel that it would be clueless to announce the dates of your trip.

Anyhoo, you did also say this:

DOWN ONE

That would be one less contributing to what has become a gun site increasingly polluted with personal attacks, childishly irrelevant threads (Triceratops hunt), and unhinged conspiracy theories.
I'm preparing for another trip to Guatemala, and right now Guatemala City, along with San Salvador, Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula, Honduras are the most dangerous cities in the world; worst than Mogadishu. It's still rainy season with mudslides and wash-outs of the already bad roads. The usual pre-trip spiritual warfare has been terrible, and if you don't understand don't ask. But I'm doing something I happen to believe has eternal significance. So here's my good-bye, and rant. The Forum is down one until (maybe) after the election.

It's Dave's site, and he can do whatever he wants with it.

I suddenly feel like Christian when he lost his burden after entering by the Wicket Gate wink Stay safe and have a wonderful bird season.

I did, for the sake of brevity, edit out some of the fluff, along with your PERSONAL ATTACK upon Jim, Dave K., and myself, since you cant seem to acknowledge the sheer hypocrisy of doing so even after changing your tag line to a lecture on the character of people who resort to PERSONAL ATTACKS.

But I guess what threw me was that part I put in bold type where you said: So here's my good-bye, and rant. The Forum is down one until (maybe) after the election.

That sure sounded like an immediate good-bye. Who knew it was going to be so drama laced and protracted? But I shouldn't be surprised to find that you are acting this way after I gave you a gentle jab about your recent PERSONAL ATTACK on Francis (RWTF), and you got all bent out of shape and wailed "Gloria a Dios, now I'm on your enemies list." I even explained my jab, and told you that you were most certainly not on my enemies list, and that I was sorry you felt that way.

That deep wound must still be festering. And I don't suppose it's helping matters that I have the unmitigated gall to point out your own hypocrisy and your very obvious personal biases. I mean, descriptive name calling suddenly really bothers you when it is directed toward those you apparently agree with, but not at all when unkind names, barbs, and insults are hurled by those same people, or Libtards, or Fudds, or anti-gun trolls.

Or perhaps you will try to tell us that you just never noticed some of the things said by Dr. Wanker. Or that you never saw King Brown labeling Conservatives and Republicans by such flattering monikers as racists, misogynists, filthy, greedy, etc. You could try to tell us that, but we both know better. When you were troubled by the use of the word "clown", was that directed toward me, or toward Dave Erickson when he said:

Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson
Same here. I wish Dave would just dump these clowns and let this once great forum get back to double-gun talk.

History would suggest that if anything, you agreed with Dave Erickson, and completely ignore or excuse his use of a somewhat derogatory term to attack someone.

And for some odd reason, you still haven't explained that bizarre accusation of:

Keith: don’t “proof text” Scripture unless you’ve done the hermeneutic. Galatians 6:7 says “God will not be mocked.” Really.

Nothing I quoted was was taken out of context. Again, I was referring to the sheer hypocrisy of your PERSONAL ATTACKS given your new tag line. If the description fits, don't try to hide behind your Biblical warnings about mocking God when nothing of the sort happened. Do you really think He will give you a pass for such disingenuous garbage?

Oh, by the way, did I mention that your drama queen rant here has nothing to do with doubleguns... something else you lamented in the first sentence of your original post in this thread. But I keep forgetting that only certain off topic threads are a problem here on the KY Jon joke forum. How silly of me.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.