May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Lloyd3, Mark II, bsteele, old colonel, Hammergun, Dale May), 1,071 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,523
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Muslim sympathizers like Larry Brown shouldn't own a firearm of any sort.

I stand by what I said.

And here I thought you were a supporter of the Second Amendment, Joe. Guess not. Suggesting a veteran shouldn't have the right to own a firearm . . . do you sit on your ass when the colors pass or when they play the National Anthem too, Joe?

L. Brown #457202 09/23/16 08:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like veterans that are proud of our country and don't support Muslims or their twisted cult that hides behind the guise of being a religion....

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe,

I'm interested to know what traits you think makes Islam a cult. FYI, I don't disagree with that statement, just wondering what your parameters are.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
nca225 #457217 09/23/16 11:39 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Only cult followers would be willing to blow themselves.

nca225 #457223 09/23/16 12:49 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wonko,

Just a heads up, but you are dealing with a conditioned response from one of Pavlov's dogs here. [/quote]

OMG !!! Now he's gonna think I agree with YOU! Whatever aaaaammmmmm I gonna do?!?!?

And you should be careful of your metaphor. That could easily be construed as Pavlov Abuse.

have another day
Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Only cult followers would be willing to blow themselves.

Anything else for your criteria?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like veterans that are proud of our country and don't support Muslims or their twisted cult that hides behind the guise of being a religion....

I'm quite proud of having served my country for 35 years. (30+ military, 5 CIA.) That service included 2 years in the Arab world, and a bunch of years working counterintelligence/counterterrorism. The idea that I "support" Muslims is laughable. Black September, among other Arab terrorist organizations, was killing Americans while I was in the Arab world. I supported killing them first. Still do, where terrorists of any stripe are concerned.

The job of an intelligence officer is to help decision-makers understand the enemy, actual or potential. Islamist terrorists are our REAL enemy, without question. I have no hesitation about using the term, and I don't shed any tears when they're killed . . . although I'd rather have them captured, because you get more intelligence out of live prisoners than you do dead terrorists. (And I wish we still had a green light to use EIT's--that is, enhanced interrogation techniques, to include waterboarding--on terrorist detainees. They seek martyrdom, so threatening them with death isn't very effective. But properly-applied "discomfort" can produce results.)

Islam is no more a cult than are Christianity or Judaism. Contrary to what many believe, the vast majority of Muslims are not interested in killing infidels. Currently, they're killing more of each other--which they've been doing for centuries--than they are non-Muslims. And in the war on Islamist terrorism, most of our boots on the ground allies are other Muslims. Things work out better that way. Of course, Joe, if you'd like to go join up with the forces fighting terrorists in Syria or Iraq or Afghanistan or Libya or anywhere else--rather than spending your time looking for them under your bed--nah, no chance of that. You're too busy interacting with the other trolls that live under the same bridge you do. With that I renounce any efforts at attempting to educate you to the real world and the real threats rather than the make believe world you live in.

Last edited by L. Brown; 09/23/16 05:34 PM.
L. Brown #457248 09/23/16 05:57 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....Islam is no more a cult than are Christianity or Judaism. Contrary to what many believe, the vast majority of Muslims are not interested in killing infidels. Currently, they're killing more of each other--which they've been doing for centuries--than they are non-Muslims....

Thanks Larry for your years of service and dedication to the nation, but I have to ask. Do you see a potential assimilation problem here? Is that current activity the equivalent of what Christians and Jews are doing?

And these are the good folks? Maybe, it shouldn't be a wonder if certain communities are reliable fund raisers for certain causes, and law enforcement can have a tough time locating honor killers in similar neighborhoods.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, we have enough problems to deal with already without guessing at potential problems. In general, Muslims in this country have assimilated much better than they have in Europe. (Not to mention the fact that we don't have nearly as many of them, in terms of %, as do many European countries.) My hometown--Waterloo, Iowa--got a pretty fair influx of Bosnian immigrants some time ago. It's very seldom that you hear a complaint about them. One of them--arrived as a 10 year old war refugee--was elected to the Iowa Legislature at age 23. Female, no hijab in the photos I've seen of her.

What I try to avoid doing is lumping all members of religions, ethnic groups etc together. One of my mentors in Military Intelligence was COL Phillip Freund. Phil, as a young Jewish refugee from Germany back in the 1930's, was refused entry into this country (along with his mother) because they were Germans. They were on the ocean liner St. Louis . . . the infamous "voyage of the damned". They were lucky enough to disembark in Great Britain and eventually got here, sponsored by a relative. But most of those German Jews ended up in either Belgium or the Netherlands, and very shortly thereafter--after the Germans marched in--found themselves in the camps. Where hundreds were executed. All because we decided to keep Germans out of this country. That's one side of the story concerning Jews. But here's another side: Do the names Julius and Ethel Rosenberg and David Greenglass mean anything to you? They were key players in the Soviet spy ring that penetrated the Manhattan Project. American Jews, but Communists who betrayed their country. When Julius and Ethel went to the electric chair, I'm sure COL Freund would have been happy to throw the switch. The point being that there are good and bad of all religions, all ethnic groups, etc.

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe, you can't win by debating the transgender coward nca225 because he/she has no brain. I'm sure you recall recently when the goofy Larry Clown made the ridiculous statement that there will never be enough Muslims in the U.S. to have any significant influence. Apparently the brilliant ex-CIA Intelligence Analyst hasn't noticed the multi-billion dollar Dept. of Homeland Security, the long security lines at airports, or the Massacre of the Month Club they've started here. But here's 5 reasons why Islam can be considered a cult:

http://gatesofvienna.net/2014/01/five-reasons-why-islam-is-a-cult/

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.