May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (randy, SKB, cpa, bushveld, MattH, 1 invisible), 269 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,494
Posts545,332
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Drew Hause #457276 09/24/16 10:12 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry — or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar — or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
The leader is not accountable to any authorities.
The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members’ participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Drew Hause #457277 09/24/16 10:13 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
It's OK keith, you can win. Here's some more un-asked-for pastoral and professional advice, if not for you, then for your family; find something to neutralize the acid eating at your soul.

Oh boy Drew! Yippee yahoo! What do I win? Even more personal attacks from you, it would appear. But as you say with every post you make:

"Personal attacks only reflect the inadequacy of the argument, and the character of the attacker."

Your pastoral advice is not needed or wanted. You still haven't told me where I proof texted Scripture or mocked God either. You ran away from that load of crap you dropped just like the atheist King Brown, who you so admire. He must be proud of you using one of his favorite dishonest tactics.

Your advice is also anything but professional, because as I previously noted, it is nothing less than hypocritical and deeply biased.

I am totally unsurprised to have the usual crowd of Liberal Left idiots including Dr. Wanker, Rocky Mtn Bill, King Brown, Clapper Zapper, cowardly nca225, Ed Good, and LGF supporting your personal attack on Jim, Dave K., and me. I'm also totally unsurprised that you do not personally attack that particular group when they engage in the very same behavior you pretend to find so egregious.

Advice for my family??? Too bad you didn't think to offer your pastoral advice to my family when the coward nca225 posted filthy remarks here about my daughters, and then told us (twice) he/she was glad he/she did it.

All that's missing is homer, OWD, and Gnomoron. Having that gaggle of idiots pile on me always tells me I must be doing something right. All of them think they can support Hillary and still consider themselves pro-gun. I wonder if they would say that someone who supported KKK leader David Duke for President is pro-black and not a racist?

We all know the answer to that one. No acid eating at my soul Drew, but I do loathe anti-gun trolls who pretend to be gun guys and supporters of the 2nd Amendment.

Originally Posted By: ed good
does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

i believe it does not...what say you?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Drew Hause #457287 09/24/16 10:55 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

wonder if tums and prozac would help?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Drew Hause #457294 09/24/16 12:08 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks again for the kind words and prayers to those who shared them, here and by PM

Possibly everything that needs to be said, has been, and we can let this thread end. Or not, if someone chooses otherwise.

Drew Hause #457295 09/24/16 12:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What a joke.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Drew Hause #457300 09/24/16 01:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes you are, Keith....pathetic

Last Dollar #457306 09/24/16 02:38 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Yes you are, Keith....pathetic

Sigh... we do have to consider the source. Another immature Liberal who made a drama laced departure announcement, but didn't go away.

Last Dollars post #455568 from 9/7/16
Thank you for your input, Keith, you liberal faggot...posing as a conservative so that once you get Hillary elected you can "come out" and get a cushy job . Likely cleaning toilets somewhere......or as you seem to prefer, douche bags....

And #455569
13 pages now, of Keith kissing King Browns ass...

And #264074
He's throwing ilks about again..These guys are never done, they are always off on some tirade and continue to preach to the choir. Who does this wop think he is convincing? FYI: I wont watch the Superbowl today. Who the F**K is Soro? Another Kenyan?? Our gun rights will be overthrown during the Superbowl? OMIGOD, what next...??? I know! Space invaders, The same ones that killed Kennedy!

Note that none of the above was a source of outrage for those who pretend to be deeply offended by terms like Libtard, Fudd, and clown.

Drew Hause #457314 09/24/16 04:34 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote from Last Dollar:
"Who does this wop think he is convincing?"

I do remember seeing that Keith but I let it go. However I'd like to see all of the critical remarks and rebukes made to this poster who used the Italian slur equivalent to the Black "ni**er" slur. Frankly; I don't remember ANYONE rising in my defense. Where was Drew Hause and all the other "holier than thou" members here when I was labeled with that term? I have been at times called a fascist, racist sexist and probably other "ists" I've now forgotten about.
I usually just let this behavior go because it's impossible to prove a negative that you are NOT something.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 09/24/16 04:36 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
James M #457320 09/24/16 05:08 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: James M
Quote from Last Dollar:
"Who does this wop think he is convincing?"

I do remember seeing that Keith but I let it go. However I'd like to see all of the critical remarks and rebukes made to this poster who used the Italian slur equivalent to the Black "ni**er" slur. Frankly; I don't remember ANYONE rising in my defense. Where was Drew Hause and all the other "holier than thou" members here when I was labeled with that term? I have been at times called a fascist, racist sexist and probably other "ists" I've now forgotten about.
I usually just let this behavior go because it's impossible to prove a negative that you are NOT something.
Jim

While on MisFires section of forum few have suggested that reason Dave Weber started that section was to give you place to post one irrelevant topics. I don't know because I was absent for few years and that is when Misfires started. Anyhow if true you are directly responsible for lowering standards and quality of this forum. It was great place before Misfires section appeared. That is going to make you some "enemies". In general people will not come to defense of someone they do not like or care for.

Drew Hause #457332 09/24/16 06:53 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Several Liberals like you Jagermeister have made the false statement that Misfires was created by Dave as a place to get Jim's threads off of the main page. But when asked to prove that absurd accusation, all have fallen flat on their lying faces.

A simple search through the archives proves that there have been off topic and political threads started by many people other than Jim for many years before there was a Misfires. There also is a long history of flaming, open threats, and name calling that often resulted in threads being locked or totally deleted, and posters being suspended.

To say that Jim has lowed the standards and quality of this forum when you openly support and defend anti-gunners, and do not even own a double is really over the top. Your only contributions here have been Liberal Left Democrat trolling, and a bit of cut and paste regurgitation of shotgun specifications that you read elsewhere... done in order to impersonate a gun guy.

And have you noticed that absolutely no-one except Ed Good has come to your defense in the last several years. Not even King Brown, who you suck up to. What's that say for you?

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.