May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (prairie ghost), 843 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,543
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the correction/clarification Mike. I have been in many modern day churches and synagogues, and that stuff is not being preached.

When the Pastor of my Church began asking the congregation to pray for more gun control about 10 years ago, I first wrote him a letter explaining why I felt that was wrong, and why I was also certain it would be offensive to many of his congregants who owned guns and enjoyed shooting and hunting. Then I spoke with him about it personally, and also invited him to go shooting. He stopped asking us to pray for gun control. We can question our clerics, and reason with them.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's my understanding of Christianity. I don't have to go through a priest or a pastor to have a relationship with the Almighty.

The stuff in the Old Testament, along with TV preachers, makes me suspicious of priests/pastors/rabbis/imams in general. I often wonder if they report accurately their interactions, or lack thereof, with divine beings.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

AmarriloMike

"The Old Testament quotes God as ordering the Jews to perform genocide and ethnic cleansing when they entered the Promised Land. Which, the Old Testament reports, in some instances, they did."

Would you please provide a chapter and verse citation? I don't remember reading this and I'd like to do a review.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Off the top of my head, the book of Joshua.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

24 They answered Joshua, “Your servants were clearly told how the Lord your God had commanded his servant Moses to give you the whole land and to wipe out all its inhabitants from before you. So we feared for our lives because of you, and that is why we did this. 25 We are now in your hands. Do to us whatever seems good and right to you.”
----------------------------------------------------------
After an all-night march from Gilgal, Joshua took them by surprise. 10 The Lord threw them into confusion before Israel, so Joshua and the Israelites defeated them completely at Gibeon. Israel pursued them along the road going up to Beth Horon and cut them down all the way to Azekah and Makkedah. 11 As they fled before Israel on the road down from Beth Horon to Azekah, the Lord hurled large hailstones down on them, and more of them died from the hail than were killed by the swords of the Israelites.

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on[v] its enemies,

as it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!
----------------------------------------------------------------

20 When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city. 21 They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.

---------------------------------------------------------------

24 Then Joshua, together with all Israel, took Achan son of Zerah, the silver, the robe, the gold bar, his sons and daughters, his cattle, donkeys and sheep, his tent and all that he had, to the Valley of Achor. 25 Joshua said, “Why have you brought this trouble on us? The Lord will bring trouble on you today.”

Then all Israel stoned him, and after they had stoned the rest, they burned them. 26 Over Achan they heaped up a large pile of rocks, which remains to this day. Then the Lord turned from his fierce anger. Therefore that place has been called the Valley of Achor[f] ever since.

--------------------------------------------------------------

8 Then the Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai. For I have delivered into your hands the king of Ai, his people, his city and his land. 2 You shall do to Ai and its king as you did to Jericho and its king, except that you may carry off their plunder and livestock for yourselves. Set an ambush behind the city.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

20 The men of Ai looked back and saw the smoke of the city rising up into the sky, but they had no chance to escape in any direction; the Israelites who had been fleeing toward the wilderness had turned back against their pursuers. 21 For when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city and that smoke was going up from it, they turned around and attacked the men of Ai. 22 Those in the ambush also came out of the city against them, so that they were caught in the middle, with Israelites on both sides. Israel cut them down, leaving them neither survivors nor fugitives.

------------------------------------------------------------

24 When Israel had finished killing all the men of Ai in the fields and in the wilderness where they had chased them, and when every one of them had been put to the sword, all the Israelites returned to Ai and killed those who were in it. 25 Twelve thousand men and women fell that day—all the people of Ai. 26 For Joshua did not draw back the hand that held out his javelin until he had destroyed[a] all who lived in Ai. 27 But Israel did carry off for themselves the livestock and plunder of this city, as the Lord had instructed Joshua.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 09/24/16 04:54 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is from Deuteronomy:

Deuteronomy, chapter 7

1: "When the LORD your God brings you into the land which you are entering to take possession of it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites, the Gir'gashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Per'izzites, the Hivites, and the Jeb'usites, seven nations greater and mightier than yourselves,
2: and when the LORD your God gives them over to you, and you defeat them; then you must utterly destroy them; you shall make no covenant with them, and show no mercy to them.
3: You shall not make marriages with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons.
4: For they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods; then the anger of the LORD would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly.
5: But thus shall you deal with them: you shall break down their altars, and dash in pieces their pillars, and hew down their Ashe'rim, and burn their graven images with fire.
6: "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his own possession, out of all the peoples that are on the face of the earth.
16: And you shall destroy all the peoples that the LORD your God will give over to you, your eye shall not pity them; neither shall you serve their gods, for that would be a snare to you.
Deuteronomy, chapter 20

16: But in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance, you shall save alive nothing that breathes,
17: but you shall utterly destroy them, the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Per'izzites, the Hivites and the Jeb'usites, as the LORD your God has commanded;
18: that they may not teach you to do according to all their abominable practices which they have done in the service of their gods, and so to sin against the LORD your God.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

While it can be interesting to quote Scripture, I'm not so sure it logically extends that Christians and Jews are making headlines for some new crusade, drum roll, against anyone. We should keep in mind that it's the law that most are forced to follow, not God.

That's why there's a push to incorporate sharia into US law, and punish the entire body of Christianity by stripping any reference to God out of the pc safe zones of our lives. I want to feel better, but I sense micro aggression.

craigd #457322 09/24/16 05:26 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

....What I try to avoid doing is lumping all members of religions, ethnic groups etc together....

Sounds reasonable Larry, but now it reads like you're validating the fringe left wing in a way that you refuse to support the so called fringe right wing. You doubled down on the 'all religions are equal' rhetoric with the new qualifier, ethnicity.

[/quote]

"Equal" is YOUR word, Craig. Where did I use it? The Cubs and every other team in Major League Baseball are all Major Leaguers . . . but they're obviously not all "equal". In terms of their records, no other team is equal to the Cubs . . . this year. My point is that it's bad to generalize about members of any religion. Or any ethnic group. There are a lot more Muslims, for example, who are not terrorists than who are. Matter of fact, the percentage of Muslims who are terrorists, out of their worldwide population of over a billion, is quite small. In this country, the number of Muslims is slightly greater than the population of Chicago. Who's responsible for more murders this year . . . Muslims or residents of Chicago?? And with Orlando in the body count, this is an unusually high year for Islamist terrorist-caused deaths in this country. The most in any year, in fact, since 9/11.

Anyhow, I never said that all religions are equal.

James M #457323 09/24/16 05:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: James M
AmarriloMike

"The Old Testament quotes God as ordering the Jews to perform genocide and ethnic cleansing when they entered the Promised Land. Which, the Old Testament reports, in some instances, they did."

Would you please provide a chapter and verse citation? I don't remember reading this and I'd like to do a review.
Jim

Lots of pretty nasty stuff in the Old Testament, James. How about sex slaves? Numbers 31: 17-18, Moses' instructions to the Israelite army after defeating the enemy: "Now kill all the boys. And kill all every woman who has slept with a man. But save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." So they were doing the sex slave thing long before Mohammed ever walked the earth.

As for Christians disregarding all of that stuff because it's Old Testament . . . hear what Jesus Himself had to say on the subject (Matthew 5:17): "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them." Doesn't sound like a renunciation of the Old Testament to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Libtards who get their panties in a knot over criticism of Muslims just because only a fraction of them are suicidal terrorists are funny. They somehow do not feel the same way when they lump all gun owners into one basket even though only a very small percentage of gun owners ever use their guns to murder anyone.

Law abiding gun owners almost universally condemn murderers, but so-called peace loving Muslims are doing very little to reverse the teachings of radical Islam, because it is ingrained into their cult-religion. Yes, they do fight it in their own countries after it has festered and spilled over into separate sects blowing each other up. They have been doing that for centuries. But some people who are ignorant of history wish to bring that to your home town.

The ex-CIA Intelligence Analyst Larry Clown still wishes to massage the numbers to make excuses for the FACT that Muslim extremists have become much more active here and abroad ever since the foreign policy blunders of Obama, Clinton, and Kerry have turned the entire Middle East into a Jihad zone. Trying to contain cancer with pinpricks after you have screwed up and spread it into the entire body obviously isn't working. But it is once again an election year, and creating false perceptions and narratives are more important than keeping the country safe.

Speaking of Liberals attempting to create false perceptions, here's a very interesting story about apparently widespread voter fraud in Colorado just days after the Liberal New York Times called it a myth:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dead-people-voting-in-colorado/article/2602775

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.