May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (fab500, smlekid, arrieta2, Argo44, 1 invisible), 280 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,515
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig that wasn't what I was doing.

First I disagreed with keith that there was no encouragement of violence and killing in the Bible.

James M. asked me where the genocide and ethnic cleansing that I referenced appeared in the Bible. I answered him.

I am glad to be here.
L. Brown #457326 09/24/16 06:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
As for Christians disregarding all of that stuff because it's Old Testament . . . hear what Jesus Himself had to say on the subject (Matthew 5:17): "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them." Doesn't sound like a renunciation of the Old Testament to me.

Now THIS is a perfect example of the "Proof Texting of Scripture" that Drew Hause wrongly accused me of a couple days ago in his drama laced "Down One" farewell thread, where he didn't actually leave. Talk about an out of context version of Scripture to falsely attempt to show that Jesus was supporting a continuation of Old Testament violence and genocide. Wow!

Bet you won't see Drew taking his "Bro Larry", Larry Clown to task for it either.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know Mike. All I was pointing out was that, like my discussion with Larry, sometimes we seem to bend over backwards to fabricate similarities. But, like Larry has evolved to, we're not all equal.

Larry, batter up. If muslims are no more of a cult than Christians or Jews, are we implying some degree of equality. Maybe not, but we're equivocating. How about, muslims are no better a baseball team than than the Christians or Jews. Does that mean, for that league they all get a participation trophy?

Sidelock
Sidelock

My understanding of the New Testament is pretty well summarized by the Sermon on the Mount. That sermon, for me, pretty well contradicts the quote Larry made from Matthew. Larry quoted it correctly though.

I feel like I have the theory of Christianity down pretty good. It's the practice that is difficult for me.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know Larry quoted it correctly. People who engage in proof texting typically do quote the Scripture correctly. They just take those words out of context in order to prove their point. It was Larry's insane interpretation that constitutes proof texting of Scripture.

But Larry will go to any length to defend Islam, even to the point of trying to equate it with Christianity. And Drew Hause will likely never take him to task for it even though Drew falsely accused me of doing that very thing a couple days ago in his personal attacks on me. The only reason for that is because Drew agrees with his "Bro Larry" philosophically on unrelated matters, and disagrees with me. Hence my reasons for publicly calling a man of the cloth a hypocrite. Those are the points I was making.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In my opinion, the New Testament is the antithesis of those quotes from the Koran that keith posted.

I often read articles where Obama and the liberal media tell us that the terrorists and ISIS aren't following the Koran. But those verses that keith quoted are in the Koran. Until they tell me why those Muslim terrorists aren't following the Koran when they murder Jews and Christians for being Jews and Christians I think they are full of it. That stuff is in the Koran. Those Muslim apologists need to give an explanation of why those verses are being incorrectly applied by ISIS.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”

I am a practicing Christian and place great faith in the Bible but they in "Sun stand Still" got it wrong. At the time the Bible was written it was universally believed that the sun revolved around the earth and by stopping the sun the Israelis were able to continue pursuing the Amorites in daylight and defeat them. We know of course that if the sun had in fact stood still it would have made no difference in the times of day and night since the earth revolves around the sun and it is the earth that would have had to stand still.
So one has to wonder just how much else the author got wrong in the account as to what happened in this instance?
Jim

Last edited by James M; 09/24/16 06:55 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess if nothing positive comes out of this thread at least I've read more Scripture than I have in the last year. The Lord surely does work in mysterious ways.

Think I'll skip church tomorrow and go golfing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lonsome:

I sure hope that the Lord and his instructions to the Jews were misrepresented in our Old Testament. Could have happened in the oral history period of the Jews, before they were able to write things down.

There is surely a big difference between the beliefs of Moses and Joshua and the beliefs of Jesus and his disciples.

I am glad to be here.
craigd #457389 09/25/16 07:53 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
I know Mike. All I was pointing out was that, like my discussion with Larry, sometimes we seem to bend over backwards to fabricate similarities. But, like Larry has evolved to, we're not all equal.

Larry, batter up. If muslims are no more of a cult than Christians or Jews, are we implying some degree of equality. Maybe not, but we're equivocating. How about, muslims are no better a baseball team than than the Christians or Jews. Does that mean, for that league they all get a participation trophy?

Craig, you're stretching. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all religions. Further, they are all MONOTHEISTIC religions. Kinda like France, Germany, and Italy are all nations. Further, they are all European nations. Does that make France, Germany, and Italy alike? Try linguistic differences, for starters. But obviously, they do have the similarities I pointed out in common, don't they? Which country is better? Which religion is better? Simple answer: Muslims will vote for Islam, Christians for Christianity, and Jews for Judaism. Just like the French would vote for France, the Germans for Germany, and the Italians for Italy.

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.