April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mike Harrell, KY Jon), 131 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,441
Posts544,760
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon,

You're right about the ebb and flow of alternatively laughing and grabbing. Most of the time I just chuckle at the prices they want, but then again two years ago I scooped the single rarest sxs I own from a Gun Library.

I paid about 15 cents on the dollar for it. They just had no idea.

Truthfully, I'm sad to see this announcement, as I think much, MUCH more of Cabelas than I do Bass Pro...certainly in terms of pricing. But frankly, my hat is off to the Cabelas guys having sold the absolute top of the market. The economy is imploding under the weight of a deflating bubble 5 decades in the making. Gun prices -- even AMMO prices -- are coming down now.

People are stocked up and out of money. Just waiting for the next shoe to drop. Guns and ammo have been strong in recent years driven by well-placed paranoia, but even here, I think the game is now up.

- NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Now that Bass Pro has bought out Cabela's, wonder what will happen with the ill-run Gun Libraries and the thousands of over-priced guns in inventory? Bet they won't lower prices or liquidate.
JR

No future. Going to Cabela's to buy fine boutique grade firearm is like going to Walmart to buy piece of meat from range-raised animal like going to Office Max to buy fine Gold Cartier fountain pen or buying Harry Winston diamond at Mall Jewelry store.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Or buying the white Steinway baby Grand dropped in the Farmer's Insurance TV commercial, while Little Richard is present- as a "fixer-upper" for your next Carnegie Hall gig--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

All my 4 12 gauge L.C. Smiths (2E, Ideal LONGRANGE ejector, Specialty ejector, and Eagle ejector (all with DT except the Specialty, which has the HOT) have the half moon clips on the barrel ribs, my 2 12 gauge OO and OOE grade Smiths do NOT- also, I loaned my Houchins book to a friend who is getting started in Smiths, so I can't be sure, but I thought he detailed that. However, the factory was run by people, and they make mistakes. I also let my friend "borrow" Another 12 Smith- and 1945 era Ideal 12 with the $5.00 extra raised solid single sighting plane rib (FWE with DT) and that does NOT have the half moon witness notches, as does my 1928 era Ideal LONGRANGE-- This is the Only 12 gauge Smith I own that is on the FW series frame and with 26" barrels- great grouse gun--I also have two pre-1900 graded Smiths with Damascus barrels, DT and rotary joint camming extractor design, and neither of those "oldies and goodies" have the half moon notches- so, quien sabes, ey compadre, quien sabes?? El Zorro..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
No future. Going to Cabela's to buy fine boutique grade firearm is like going to Walmart to buy piece of meat from range-raised animal like going to Office Max to buy fine Gold Cartier fountain pen or buying Harry Winston diamond at Mall Jewelry store.

Really Jagermeister? What should we make of your opinions when you are a guy who doesn't even own one double shotgun... only owns a short barreled Ithaca Model 37 pump... and rents most of his firearms including a Chinese .22 rifle?

What kind of gold fountain pens, diamonds, and gourmet steaks do you find at your local Rent-A-Center?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Trust Keithtard to turn this into a personal attack..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Trust Keithtard to turn this into a personal attack..

You're so right Last Dollar. I should try to be more like you:

He's throwing ilks about again..These guys are never done, they are always off on some tirade and continue to preach to the choir. Who does this wop think he is convincing? FYI: I wont watch the Superbowl today. Who the F**K is Soro? Another Kenyan?? Our gun rights will be overthrown during the Superbowl? OMIGOD, what next...??? I know! Space invaders, The same ones that killed Kennedy!

Last Dollars post #455568 from 9/7/16
Thank you for your input, Keith, you liberal faggot...posing as a conservative so that once you get Hillary elected you can "come out" and get a cushy job . Likely cleaning toilets somewhere......or as you seem to prefer, douche bags....

And #455569
13 pages now, of Keith kissing King Browns ass...

Actually, sometimes I think I should have invented a fraudulent internet persona when I began posting here. Ignorant and immature people like you would be highly impressed Last Dollar. But people who actually have a brain would probably think I was a pathetic loser when they found out that I was as fake as a $25.00 Rolex.

Does this mean your invite to go pheasant hunting is off the table?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...5784#Post445784

It appears you may be bi-polar and emotionally unstable. Hopefully you will get out of the donut hole on your ObamaCare Prescription Drug Plan, and get back on your meds soon.

Meanwhile, I am very concerned about rumors of the impending merger between Von Lengerke & Detmold and Schoverling, Daly & Gales.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Love those old quotes.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Or buying the white Steinway baby Grand dropped in the Farmer's Insurance TV commercial, while Little Richard is present- as a "fixer-upper" for your next Carnegie Hall gig--

I'm not saying that one can't walk into very nice classic shotgun at the Gun Library. Such things can happen. For example, in late 90s when Reed's was at Boulevard Mall I walked in there to get Valentines Day gift. I was shocked to see two brand new Patek Philippe dress watches with 18k gold cases and alligator straps. They cost about $8,500 a piece back then. I had to pinch my nose real hard and I felt the pain. grin I would say in general one does not go to Cabela's to buy investment grade Holland, Boss or Purdey.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good guns are where you find them, period.

It does not matter one iota if you get one at Griffin & Howe or a pawn shop.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.