March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (KDGJ, JDH, Jimmy W, BEY, craigd, ChiefAmungum, 1 invisible), 371 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,989
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wasn't trying to offend anyone. No nation that goes to war is a nation of cowards.

Of course there is also this;

CHAZ

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone who makes comments about the lack of valor on the part of the French is simply uninformed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquis_(World_War_II)

I like the part where the Germans made a point to surrender to allied troops, as most of the Maquis had no use for prisoners....

Ignorance, correctable, stupidity, forever.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hoof
I wasn't trying to offend anyone. No nation that goes to war is a nation of cowards.

Of course there is also this;

CHAZ

Ain't that the truth.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife is French; both boys are dual citizens. Over the years they've been subjected to a great deal of bullying (they know how to deal with that) and a large measure of ignorant harassment from idiots. And the comments above about the French are about as stupid as one can get...and they cheapen this board, It makes you wonder if the posters are teenagers, if they ever went to war themselves or if they ever studied history.

By the way, if it weren't for Lafayette and the French Army/Navy, America would never have been a country. And let's talk about Verdun, Austerlitz.

Last edited by Argo44; 11/05/16 08:39 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

About a mile or two from where I sit the second bloodiest battle in the Revolution was fought in 1779. The Siege of Savannah was a failed attempt to oust the British from Savannah by the Whigs (American independence fighters) and French forces led by d’Estaing. The attack consisted of French subjects from what is now Haiti, France and Arthur Dillon’s “Wild Geese”, Irish Jacobites who fled Ireland to France. The British, aided by Hessians and Loyalists, defeated the Revolutionary forces, killing more than 1100 men including the Pole Casimir Pulaski, the father of the American Calvary. 650 French were killed. Not only was French active participation crucial to the success of the Revolution, but their passive presence in the Caribbean kept British forces from concentrating forces in the colonies for fear that the French would seize the British possessions in the Caribbean.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Are we all that easily offended?
I will try to be more PC and insure any stereotypical humor is historically accurate.
Wiki
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yea, but we still laugh anyway!!!

You have to admit the jokes are kind of funny!!! smile

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Fitting adusted, hardened and installed in the stock:

Much better than a clanky old swivel, although, I use those also. This is just so much more beautiful. And quiet.
I don't remember seeing one on a gun that was engraved, however. Geoffroy does nice work. Glad he suggested it.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Classic Ted, and just what that gun deserves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful gun, Ted. I need a Darne sling for my lowly Model 10 but so far haven't been able to locate one.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.